Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106357 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1620 on: May 17, 2018, 11:04:55 pm »

"Don't think I've ever seen a king with actual power."

Unless the bandit kings counted.

"Same as the rest of you said, though, figure this is better than leaving empty handed."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 22, 2018, 04:25:12 pm »

"Well, we won't know waiting here."

Martyn tossed his cloak over his shoulder, nodding towards the others.  They didn't have the funds to be spending on clothes suitable for court, and even if they did, there didn't seem much point wasting time on changing.  There was a king waiting.

"Let's go."

And with that, the partisan headed for the door.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 22, 2018, 09:45:37 pm »

The group made their way toward the King's keep. The ashfall had not yet abated and the mountain continued to belch smoke every hour of the day. For the most part, the streets were still empty, though there were still guards on patrol. The group was able to find the Royal manor in the oldest part of the city, still walled off to itself. However, much newer buildings were now built up against the manor's old walls, creating an aesthetic effect that was neither proud nor majestic. When the group reached the gates, the soldiers guarding it lazily lowered their spears into a cross formation. "You'd be the Izzarran delegation, right?" The two eyed the group, which was heavily and obviously armed. "...Well, go on in." The guards retracted their weapons as the portcullis rose.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 23, 2018, 09:06:21 am »

Roux blinked as the Royal guards let in armed strangers without even waiting for a comfirmation.
"Man, these guys ain't even 'alf-assin' things. They're like... quarter-assin'. "
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 23, 2018, 09:29:16 am »

One of them overheard. "You ain't hard to miss, and his majesty ordered that you not be requested to disarm. Kindly step inside and fuck off." His voice was bitter and full of venom.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: May 23, 2018, 11:03:50 am »

Roux immediately bristled.
"Keep talkin' like that an' yer gonna find me foot in yer ass 'ard to miss as well-" she started.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 23, 2018, 11:08:18 am »

"Roux, this isn't the time.  Come on."

Martyn merely gave the guards a polite nod before stepping on through.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 23, 2018, 11:11:25 am »

The ex-horse thief scowled for a moment, then grunted.
"... Fine."

She stomped past the guard into the Palace.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 23, 2018, 11:22:53 am »

Farra turned to the guard that hadn't given away his mood yet and bowed in respect, trying to get him to not have a terrible first impression of their group.

"Thank you. Sorry about her, please understand we've been through a lot.

With that, she went inside.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 23, 2018, 07:40:44 pm »

The guards merely grumbled quietly as the portcullis closed after the group. They were led through a few hallways, cramped and somewhat dusty. It seemed like the place was not receiving adequate care, and there were few servants. The one they had seen turned out to be Sebastian Voheim, the man responsible for penning the letter they had received. He seemed to be pulling double duty as herald today. He brought the group to a chamber within the manor, within which stood a man in faded, though still quite fine, clothing.

"Ah, the Izzarrans. May I say how pleased I am that you've accepted my invitation? I must admit, I had some concerns that you might leave to seek more welcoming cities."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 23, 2018, 07:52:07 pm »

Kaldach glanced around as they continued past the portcullis. His attention quickly shifted as he lifted his left hand up in front of him- once more out of several times he had done so as they traveled closer the King's manor, growing more frequent as the palace came into view.
: "..."
His eyes traced the muscles of his fingers as he slowly opened and closed the hand into a fist and back. He followed the group loosely, until he noticed they had been brought to a chamber, and the King apparent stood before them. He shot a glance at Martyn, but before long the mercenary simply spoke up himself.
: "When it's a nation like Mordo we're up against, can't be so choosy that we can't handle a couple bumps in the road."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 23, 2018, 07:55:42 pm »

There was a slight smile on the King's face. "Your perseverance will certainly aid you in your coming struggles, of that I am certain."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 23, 2018, 07:59:02 pm »

"Certainly.  Though it was fortunate your letter arrived when it did.  The allies we'd hoped to find were less receptive to the plight of our people than I'd believed they might be."

Martyn relaxed a little at their surroundings, less formal than he might have expected from the nature of the letter.  Though as with the letter itself, something did seem a little... off.  Something about the castle...

The people of Viterine were famously wealthy, weren't they?  If so, where had the wealth gone?  There was some, certainly, but to see the home of the royal family faded...

"Still, it's as my brother in arms said.  We can't allow our quest for freedom to be deterred by setbacks, and there are still those who sympathize."

"Like yourself, your Highness.  Though I fear I had not thought you'd go out of your way to offer us a meeting like this, let alone assistance."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 23, 2018, 08:09:03 pm »

"It really is shameful." The King said, turning away from his guests and moving toward a seat at the end of a long unset table. "The way my countrymen ignore the suffering of those beyond our borders. Not only yourselves, but the nation of Chilcinne as well. And when the poor and downtrodden come, seeking assistance, they are turned away. It's despicable." The King sat in an ornate, ancient throne, and extended a hand toward the table and the chairs around it. There were almost twenty seats available. "Sadly, my own ability to assist you will be, primarily, diplomatic. Though I think after some discussion between both ourselves and another guest, you will find before the end of the day that your visit here was most fortuitous."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 23, 2018, 08:23:02 pm »

Esther, for her part, was more than a tad more serious than usual. After all, now was not the time for her normal attitude. That said... she still wasn't a formal speaker by any means, though she was trying.

"To be honest, I don't think we were really expecting even that much. Any help you can provide is appreciated!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 146