Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106355 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1605 on: May 13, 2018, 11:00:17 pm »

"Nope, you either need special access or a dumping or smithing permit. No exceptions." Said the second of the two men.

"You're really not missing much. It's just a crater full of glowing hot rock, it isn't worth the climb." Said the first before he returned to picking at his nails.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: May 14, 2018, 12:26:52 am »

Kaldach held his gaze on the peak of the mountain for a moment longer, the muscles craned upward seemed to disagree, has he soon looked down and rubbed the back of his neck. The days journeying here did enough of a number on his body, and the mercenary sighed in irritated agreement.
: "...Alright, fine. I'll ask elsewhere." Kaldach turned to head back to the inn, swords on his back rattling in tow.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 16, 2018, 02:47:17 pm »

"I visited Anecca once when I was a girl." The old woman croaked, her expression sour. "I was finding sand in my clothes for months. I don't know how your people stand it."

"It's definitely a learned skill, and even I still have a little trouble with it in these clothes. I got these so I wouldn't freeze, but it does no favours with the sand. Either way, you learn how to get it out, and how to deal with it in the meantime."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 16, 2018, 09:27:23 pm »

Over the following days, the group met with various guild leaders as Martyn pulled every string he could to arrange meetings. Unfortunately, the smaller guilds all based their own support as being contingent on the support of the Smithing guild, the most powerful diplomatic force in the country. This would not have posed a problem were it not for the representative of the Smithing Guild flatly, if politely, refusing to cease trade with Mordo. In spite of the difficulties faced by the people of Izzarra, the ramifications for the guild were, at least from the viewpoint of the spokesman, simply too great. It seemed that the group's efforts had been in vain, until...

The morning after the meeting with the Smithing guild, a letter was delivered to the group, bearing the royal seal of the Viterine Royal family.

Spoiler: Letter (click to show/hide)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 17, 2018, 09:26:09 am »

Martyn lowered the letter, looking over the small group of fellow partisans gathered around them.  He seemed... tired, after the events of the past few days.  Frustrated by the difficulties they'd had, dealing with the smiths.  But now...

Well, now his brow was furrowed in thought.  If anything, he seemed bemused.

"This is... unusual.  A letter from the king?"

"The royal family being under the thumb of the guilds is an open secret.  To receive an invitation like this, after the Smiths refused..."

He frowned as he handed the letter off to the next of their band.  It was strange.  Worrying, somehow, though he might just be looking too far into things.  And if it meant even some assistance for Izzarra, it was more than worth the effort.

"Regardless.  I think we should go and see what this king has to say."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 17, 2018, 12:08:01 pm »

Roux squinted at the paper, the letters meaning nothing, before she passed it along. Book learning was stupid anyway.
"Ain't no proper king iffn 'e ain't in charge."
"Might as well see what 'e wants, though. Ain't like we got much chance of gettin' anythin' else in this ash'eap."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 17, 2018, 01:13:03 pm »

Bertholt examines the letter after taking it from Roux, passing it along.
"Very odd indeed, for the King to go behind the backs of the Guilds. Either he has some sort of plan, or else something is afoot. Still, Roux is right. We don't have much of a chance getting anything anywhere else in this...."ash-heap".

I cannot help feeling we are walking into something we may not be prepared for, though."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 17, 2018, 01:32:55 pm »

"'S fine. Wha'ever 'appens, I can kick their ass. Iffn they were tough they'd be a proper king, right?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 17, 2018, 01:45:28 pm »

"Please don't kick the king's ass.  I doubt it would help our cause."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 17, 2018, 01:52:03 pm »

"To be quite frank, most of the kickings of ass Roux has dispensed have so far been helpful."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 17, 2018, 02:09:56 pm »

"Past performance is not indicative of future results."

"But yes, her ability to apply herself towards the defeat of Izzarra's enemies vis-à-vis the average foot upon their backside has been useful, and I appreciate that."

"Let's just try to be cautious until we hear what the King has to say."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 17, 2018, 02:54:14 pm »

Roux grinned.
"I'm indicatin' an ass-kickin' in yer future iffn yer doubtin' my 'bility."
"Pretty sure someone's gonna get krumped soon, though. I'm guessin' that the king's gonna wan' us to kick the smithin' guild's asses so 'e's top dog again, an' 'e'll give us 'elp iffn we do that."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 17, 2018, 03:04:54 pm »

Farra was the next to take the letter, and her face showed her surprise at the prospect of meeting.
"Would he really ask us all that? Knocking down the Smithing guild several pegs ought to be quite a task."

"Either way, Martyn, do you really think the King would even be able to go behind the guild's back? They're aware of our existence... Perhaps they'd think that the King would attempt what Roux's proposing?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 17, 2018, 03:29:01 pm »

"The thought had crossed my mind."

"It's hard to say, as of yet.  Maybe the King's just sympathetic to our cause.  If the Smithing Guild is divided, he might have enough political power left to sway them.  Or at least provide some material aid.  If not..."

"We'll see."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 17, 2018, 07:42:44 pm »

: "If he's a king, he oughta be rich, right? Maybe he's gonna throw some money or supplies our way."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 146