Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233247 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 18 - Under the Skin
« Reply #2250 on: March 30, 2018, 10:37:15 am »

"Yes any idea of what they are?" John then pulls a vial "We also have some of these vials for one of your family friends, the magical one. Do you know where he or she is?"

By the way: if it impacts your actions any, your character is carrying two new images that no one in town has seen yet.  (Carvings "C" and "D" are new.)

First I want to know if they know something new about them, last time I was asked about them it was because they were just curious.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: March 30, 2018, 10:05:18 pm »

Great, then I'll need input from Dwain (Starver) and Gary (Coolrune206) to continue.

I intend to retire Louis (dustywayfarer) in town, and have sent him a private message about it.  I mentioned him specifically in the update, and it's very good to have gotten him this far for the continuity, but other people are taking up the idea and it should work fine.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: March 31, 2018, 07:28:27 am »

(Sorry, been off-net mostly, didn't mean to keep you waiting.)

I've nothing much to add, really, it looks like things are happening without my intervention, bur I'll rummage in my luggage for vials to show, and add to John/Ziizo's little mini-presentation. That's all, I think, for now. Many voices, don't think I can help by adding another, so I'll otherwise observe.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: March 31, 2018, 08:18:33 am »

Many voices, don't think I can help by adding another

Hmm, you were the one I figured most likely to resolve a little conundrum, since you've already worked with this "person":

. . . But I'm the one with easy access to all the information about your quests and such, so if you're okay with me putting words into everyone's mouth (or roll for "memory checks" or somesuch), then I can just lead the group in the right direction in the update itself.  It'll be easier once I do that info dump in the first posts that I keep saying I'll do.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: March 31, 2018, 08:43:19 am »

Hmm, you were the one I figured most likely to resolve a little conundrum, since you've already worked with this "person":
Maybe a paragraph or two down the line (if I even have the right idea), but the "You and you and... YOU!" followed by an oblivious almost "Yeah, it's me, babe! Miss me?!!" sort of thing could go any which way. Not sure I could butt in on that before there's more of a thing to butt in on. Depends on how quickly things move in the dialogue, though, I just thought it best not to keep you much longer, with the promise I'd be around for the next quick riposte.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: March 31, 2018, 08:18:35 pm »

Previous -- Next

I lack Gary (Coolrune206), but this is all talking and it's turned out to fit reasonably well into one post . . . despite everyone demanding information from the same person simultaneously.  I'll proceed.  Coolrune206: you can of course tell me stuff and I'll fit it in.  Even if I must bend time.

It is much with the conversation.  Highlights:

Dustan and John jointly react to Elena's outburst about cave-carvings.  What's the big deal?

"Walls are carved all over, sure," she says, "but no one's ever noticed a pattern before.  Now there's rumors that you're finding some sort of hidden message.  Of course, at the first hint of a treasure hunt, old Aurelius got it into his head to declare . . . "

She pinches the bridge of her nose.  "Well, at least their family credit's good," she mutters.  Then she continues in a louder voice, "are you back to spread any more 'messages'?"

Not specifically about messages, Dwain has gotten out those three glass vials, and Alyssa hops in to get a quick answer about the goods you're delivering.

You recall that you had a sort of triple-trade thing going: Tikhomir and Militsa, Elena's parents, needed new glass goods but apparently it's only the hoarding wastrels down here who make the stuff.  Their family, Svarog, is friends with the Theia family, who hates the hoarding wastrels; so your agreement was that if you could take down some wastrels and bring back the goods, they could get Theia to repay you . . . with "bloodbinding."  Which apparently is magic?

Dwain had already worked with some members of Theia previously and can vouch that they are decent people.  So to start on the triple-trade, you need to find Elena's parents: "I just got back myself," she says, looking at her new wheelbarrow, "but I'm sure we can dig them up."

At about that time, Tohil has gotten through his prayer to the sun.  Here on the floor of the sinkhole, there is a diffuse glow from somewhere overhead.  It should be the noonday sun, clear as day; for some reason it's a little vague, but you weren't going to let that stop you.

You ask about Theia as well, and Elena says it's easy enough to find the home/temple of Europa and Titan; you'll probably be headed there for "the bloodbinding" anyway.  But first, she had been talking with John & Company about carvings.  Well?

I await input.  There's other stuff that is/can be going on.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: March 31, 2018, 08:40:29 pm »

"Wait, what does this "bloodbinding" consists of? As far as I know, magic only comes from the power of faith, regardless of which god one believes in."

"Vials? Carvings? Messages? I know none of this. Could someone give me some sort of recap of any events I have missed?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: March 31, 2018, 09:06:30 pm »

Gary seems uninterested in the conversation, instead opting to wander over to the river's edge and sit, watching the water flow.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: April 01, 2018, 07:44:09 pm »

Head to the temple, making sure to gather all our vials into a single place first.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: April 01, 2018, 07:51:10 pm »

Gary seems uninterested in the conversation, instead opting to wander over to the river's edge and sit, watching the water flow.

I am impressed by your ability to give the GM a useful action while just trying to sit out the scene.  We shall see what we shall see.

"Vials? Carvings? Messages? I know none of this. Could someone give me some sort of recap of any events I have missed?"

For this half of your action; if people wanna roleplay an explanation, go for it, otherwise I'll just narrate it into the thing myself.

Head to the temple, making sure to gather all our vials into a single place first.

Well, Elena here says she can lead you, so I might focus on the "gathering" part for the update.  Most of them are in a wheelbarrow already, but John (ziizo) has the one remaining "vile vial" (the one with magical properties).

And I await the rest of everyone's actions.  With only the usual amount of trepidation.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 01, 2018, 08:56:32 pm »

"found another two carvings and discovered that There is something damaging them" John lies "I would like to finish this whole glass vials quest and sell our extra weight before meeting this Aurelius guy tough"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 09:30:53 pm by ziizo »

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 01, 2018, 09:26:45 pm »

"found another two carvings and discovered that is something damaging them" John lies "I would like to finish this whole glass vials quest and sell our extra weight before meeting this Aurelion guy tough"

Let her see the copies you made, or not?  (And I'm amused by your point of misinformation.)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 01, 2018, 09:28:26 pm »

"found another two carvings and discovered that is something damaging them" John lies "I would like to finish this whole glass vials quest and sell our extra weight before meeting this Aurelion guy tough"

Let her see the copies you made, or not?  (And I'm amused by your point of misinformation.)

Sure I don't see a reason to hide them. (at least not ones can't be justified with paranoia)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 09:30:30 pm by ziizo »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 02, 2018, 02:36:57 am »

As I haven't seen all the (mostly 'lost') carvings myself, I think I should stick around for that part of the reveal. (If it helps, to muddy the waters, I could provide my copies of Bob's engravings for review, when that time comes.)

The vials quest perhaps being closest to my heart (vials and leathers being my main claim on the trading floor, I think), I'm definitely in on that. The initial part of the Svarogian deal seems the simplest thing to accomplish, without too much fuss, then the rest of the tangibles dispersed, perhaps a first cautious round of accessorising/equipment upgrading (visits to lockboxes according to need, and don't we have 'expired person' keys to sort out, or am I misremembering?) and we can probably sit down with anybody keen to talk to us about silly pictures at a time of their convenience, up to and maybe even during the work-contribution, as with the Theian reciprocity.

But that's in my head. Realistically, right now, I think at least passing the news that we have vials is enough, via Elena who is the most obvious person to connect those particular dots on the map to convey their avilability. If they want them badly then they could come to us while we're seeing what our other loads might help with, and if not so urgent then we can wander less encumbered, to the workshop we knew (assuming they rebuilt the wall) or wherever else we're told to go.

I'd also like to see the dug-out area that I scared the workers away from, near that workshop. Might even be where we need to go!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:42:13 am by Starver »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: April 02, 2018, 09:50:55 am »

Can I enter the waitlist?

Name: Francis
Icon color: Green
What you did before coming down here: Hunting
it's over