Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Design the Titan's Drifter  (Read 8790 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Design an Old Spaceship
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2017, 12:13:12 am »

Also, there are pirates just sort of hanging around on the ship at any given time.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2017, 03:19:59 am »

There are, of course, rats on the ship. Generally they hunt any unguarded biomatter and hide, much as vermin are always want to do. The central core is bizarrely incompatible with conventional pest-control devices so much of the handling of food anf biological samples has migrate to the outer sections. The true reason for this is that the shop was originally commissioned by a (now over 1000-year old) rat hermit that hoped to escape civilisation on a space vessel but found itself unable to keep the vermin off... While it does know Panling along with numerous other languages, it lacks any convenient method of communication and would rather avoid everyone else at the best of times. It just spends its eternity in a small safe-room with its universal synthesiser, access to the vast majority of the ship's internal and external communication channels, and an infinite supply of complaints to make about contemporary society.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2017, 06:43:35 am »

Also, there are pirates just sort of hanging around on the ship at any given time.

These unfortunate saps are raiders who attempted to board and got hopelessly lost- some of them have found others like them and formed tribes or even families. Occasionally, the crew stumbles across them and even recruits them- people who know some of the more unknown areas of the ship are a boon, after all.

((Seriously, this ship must be either massive or full of pocket dimensions- either way, it actually would be terrifying to serve on.))
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2017, 08:39:26 am »

Through one airlock door (from the outside) there seems to be wood panelled space-suit store, and beyond, that a snowy forest? As far as anyone can see through the observation window.

Nothing remote-controlled operates long enough to investigate. Any person who enters either does not come back or else immediately tumbles back out again, in confusion, and then refuses to say anything about what just happened, except that their personalities change to more mature and noble.

The search for any inner end of the airlock is going about as well as can be expected.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2017, 09:28:06 am »

((Ho. Ly. Shit. This ship sounds awesome... I call DIBS on a forum game about it! First, however, I think I'll let this get some more stuff.))

Once the ship actually crashed on a planet full of tribal people who ended up making small tribes all over the ship. These tribes are usually far more hostile than the pirate tribes, and some of them even raid the crew occasionally. Luckily they only use primitive weapons, so they aren't too deadly, however they can still injure people, and 3 people have died because of them.

((Seriously, this ship must be either massive or full of pocket dimensions- either way, it actually would be terrifying to serve on.))
((I'd say it's both.))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:31:58 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2017, 09:50:42 am »

The Titan's Drifter is a two hundred by sixty meter FTL-capable light frigate...
Hm.

The second most valuable item on the ship is a hidden black cube that is somehow making the ship bigger on the inside... and manipulating chance to make the ship crazier.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2017, 11:07:35 am »

The Titan's Drifter is a two hundred by sixty meter FTL-capable light frigate...
Hm.

The second most valuable item on the ship is a hidden black cube that is somehow making the ship bigger on the inside... and manipulating chance to make the ship crazier.

The cube is broken, though. At first its function was to enlarge one single room, so that whoever brought it onto the ship could then hide the new extra space of the room and use it for whatever they used it for. At some point though, that person made a mistake when performing a routine maintenance on the cube. The cube went out of control. From that moment on, rooms would randomly enlarge or shrink, and new doors and hallways would pop out of nowhere, leading to either copies of existing rooms or parts of them, and even entirely new rooms. Their is a legend that the cube still logs everything, and if one were to find it, they could decipher the whole interior of the ship. The problem is that 1) nobody knows where to even start looking for the cube (not that people hadn't tried, it's just too random) and 2) since there isn't any known limit for the size of the rooms created by it, it could very well float in an endless vacuum, or it could sit behind a grate in a wall. It could even sit in the captain's chair in one of the many bridges. It's just impossible to know. Some say the person causing the cube to flip out still wanders the random hallways, and that they are so far inside the ship that it could take years to reach them.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2017, 11:43:10 am »

((Ho. Ly. Shit. This ship sounds awesome... I call DIBS on a forum game about it! First, however, I think I'll let this get some more stuff.))

(My original plan was to use this for a campaign, but things made me not have the time.  Basically, the players would have been the deserters mentioned here, starting on the battlefield and wanting to get away and think they were so lucky to find a way out.  Unfortunately, it would be this ship.)

Due to lost crew members over the years, the AI has grown extremely Yandere for whatever the current crew is.  While this means the AI will help the crew avoid the more dangerous sections of the ship, it does cause the AI to interrogate crew members who have been away from the ship for awhile, especially if they were on another ship.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:52:38 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2017, 02:20:24 pm »

The AI once had a tantrum over having to hide her existence because they were flying through a section of space where AI's are illegal- she ended up copying herself and sending the copy to take over every military ship in the sector... ever since she has been known as "Anne Bonny".

If the crew is really trying to butter her up they may even go for the whole title, "The Most Magnificent and Fearsome Pirate Cyber Lord, Anne Bonny of the [ships name here]".
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2017, 04:24:41 am »

(My original plan was to use this for a campaign, but things made me not have the time.)
((Sooooo can I still use it for a forum game?))
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2017, 04:42:02 am »

(My original plan was to use this for a campaign, but things made me not have the time.)
Starver is in this ship. He is anointed Absolute And Eternal Winner Of Everything, untroubled by any past or future problems as described.  :P

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2017, 10:00:35 am »

(Can if you want to.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2017, 11:00:10 am »

There are actually 3 separate AI's, each exactly the same, but each has a unique flavor of insanity. they have been dubbed Red, Blue, and Yellow by the crew. Oddly, several different and completely unrelated crew members dubbed them this, at exactly the same time.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2017, 12:34:58 pm »

This was determined to not be a result of any of the technologies able to manipulate minds, but instead simply a result of the fact that those names are a result of them being the colors of the AI avatars.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2017, 05:36:55 pm »

Red has several robots under it's control, which it uses to fight gladiator duels with. It also finds hidden weapon stashes very easily, and so the crew frequently enter duels with the bots to get access to them.

( you could host like 5 different games and not have them interact with each other)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8