Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3139 3140 [3141] 3142 3143 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202677 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #47100 on: December 02, 2021, 09:51:42 pm »

I've never understood this sentiment - trying to limit the number of vectors is the goal. If a rat chews through one of your boxes of cereal, you don't just give up the entire pantry to them.

The solution isn't to lock the rats in the pantry, however.

Omicron cases detected in California and Minnesota.

Clearly we should now give up on trying to reduce the number of people spreading Covid and have an open border policy instead.

Herd immunity has to work sometime, amirite?

You'll bomb the middle east for 20 years over a few thousand, but y'know 800,000 and counting is just no big deal.  A statistic really.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #47101 on: December 02, 2021, 09:53:42 pm »

I think we all know that most of that 800,000 died of completely unrelated causes.

/s

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47102 on: December 02, 2021, 10:26:35 pm »

You'll bomb the middle east for 20 years over a few thousand, but y'know 800,000 and counting is just no big deal.  A statistic really.

The people responsible for those 800,000+ were all American, rich, and mostly WASPs. So of course we couldn't get the murder boner past half-chub. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47103 on: December 02, 2021, 10:39:33 pm »

I'm interested to hear your preferred strategy, then, Bumber.

Well, the omicron variant can still be detected by the PCR test, so they could've just tested people during/after a flight. But it was already too late by the time the Biden admin announced the ban, even if they hadn't waited until Monday to put it into effect.

Thankfully, omicron seems less deadly than delta. Did we enact a travel ban for delta? I don't remember one.

We did for the original variant because we had naive immune systems, no vaccines, and no testing capacity.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:43:36 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47104 on: December 02, 2021, 10:50:04 pm »

You haven't provided any strategy for dealing with the virus, currently.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47105 on: December 02, 2021, 10:55:36 pm »

Sunshine and disinfectant.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47106 on: December 02, 2021, 10:57:44 pm »

Sunshine and disinfectant.

thots n prayers
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47107 on: December 02, 2021, 11:05:49 pm »

We have a vaccine. We need an updated vaccine that inhibits the spread of delta. (Vaccinated people were testing positive for delta in July. We probably would've had one by now if they started then.)

Other than that, everyone who wanted to be vaccinated has been vaccinated. Time to move on with life. If you're vaccinated and worried, you can lock yourself in your house. Problem solved.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 11:07:57 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #47108 on: December 02, 2021, 11:06:29 pm »

No more anime conventions
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47109 on: December 02, 2021, 11:41:50 pm »

We have a vaccine. We need an updated vaccine that inhibits the spread of delta. (Vaccinated people were testing positive for delta in July. We probably would've had one by now if they started then.)

Other than that, everyone who wanted to be vaccinated has been vaccinated. Time to move on with life. If you're vaccinated and worried, you can lock yourself in your house. Problem solved.

I'm so glad I simultaneously need a new vaccine and Biden Is Bad for not having it yet and already have a vaccine and need to move on with life and forget this whole covid thing.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47110 on: December 03, 2021, 12:17:07 am »

I do think Bumper is largely right about the travel ban is pointless. Its like locking the front door in a horror movie after the cops call you and go "The killer is in your house!". Like why even bother?
Sure, we didn't know that Omnicron was here for sure a few days ago... but it was pretty obviously here, and even then we knew like 20 other countries had it and didn't block access to them. Based on that blocking access to 1/20th of the countries that we know had it is silly.

On the other hand, Bumper comparing the two south Africa travel bans because they both target Africa is absurd because they are fundamentally different things.
One was a racist and xenophobic ban based around Muslims=Bad with a surface justification of Muslims=Terrorists, and the other revolves around trying to control the coronavirus.

Saying Biden is being a hypocrite about this is like calling Churchill a hypocrite because he invaded France yet was against Hitler invading France. Going "But wait, its invading France both ways so they are completely the same" is at best painfully missing the point.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47111 on: December 03, 2021, 12:21:00 am »

A better metaphor would be a zombie movie - a few get in and you can handle them, but if they keep streaming in you'll get overrun.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47112 on: December 03, 2021, 01:14:47 am »

Problem solved.

I mean - it literally isn't. The unvaxxed, unmasked population is high enough to not only make covid endemic, but to give it a higher mutation frequency that even influenza. We failed to contain the virus, then failed to stop if from being endemic, and now we're on track to fail to prevent multiple variants from developing.

I do think Bumper is largely right about the travel ban is pointless. Its like locking the front door in a horror movie after the cops call you and go "The killer is in your house!". Like why even bother?
Sure, we didn't know that Omnicron was here for sure a few days ago... but it was pretty obviously here, and even then we knew like 20 other countries had it and didn't block access to them. Based on that blocking access to 1/20th of the countries that we know had it is silly.

Yeah, this is true - largely it's ineffective, and even recommended /against/ by the WHO. That said, it's clear Biden needed to do something. Half because of dems reaching across the aisle and half good ol' fashioned democrat incompetence, I think this was the only thing he could do.

No more anime conventions

Okay, but what if anime became popular with boomers because "Biden hates my waifu". The perfect world is out there - we just have to be brave enough to reach for it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47113 on: December 03, 2021, 02:19:12 am »

Its not the anime part of the convention that is bad, irs the convention part of the convention that is bad.

You just need to suggest the boomers have a soapbox and  spear rattling convention. One that lasts several days or weeks, with lots of churn, and NRA reps.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47114 on: December 03, 2021, 02:38:30 am »

You can just say cpac outright, wierd, no need to dance around it :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3139 3140 [3141] 3142 3143 ... 3566