Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3138 3139 [3140] 3141 3142 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202971 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #47085 on: December 02, 2021, 10:01:03 am »

-
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:37:48 pm by dragdeler »
let

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #47086 on: December 02, 2021, 10:22:03 am »

You know how peasants in the middleages kept getting poorer because they were splitting up their land to all their heirs? Well imagine one woman one child, with each consecutive generation getting wealthier than the generation before... The cosmic horror -.-
Nobody likes gavelkind for a reason. Primogeniture for the win!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47087 on: December 02, 2021, 12:07:05 pm »

Spoiler: snark (click to show/hide)

I'm not happy about this, but you want to move along, so I'll do that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47088 on: December 02, 2021, 12:45:04 pm »

You know how peasants in the middleages kept getting poorer because they were splitting up their land to all their heirs? Well imagine one woman one child, with each consecutive generation getting wealthier than the generation before... The cosmic horror -.-
Nobody likes gavelkind for a reason. Primogeniture for the win!
I preferred ultimogeniture, personally, though the designate heir option in ck3 is tremendous.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47089 on: December 02, 2021, 05:51:10 pm »

So is it time to talk about Ethan Crumbley and his parents?

Kid looks like a psycho, was nearing suspension at school, was filming himself making molotovs in his backyard.

His dad, who has children with several different women, who is being sued for not paying child support for them, bought his 15 year old son a 9mm which he then took to school and shot people.

And his mother earlier had sent Trump a letter thanking him for defending her right to carry a gun and finished with the classy line "who is sick of getting fcked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pssy."

These fucking dirt bags all belong in jail.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 05:59:04 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47090 on: December 02, 2021, 06:04:02 pm »

What kind of monster buys a gun for a kid that is clearly a monster in building. I cant put my head around why a father would gift a underaged kid a gun of any kind UNLESS the kid is going to the junior olympics of shooting or something.

Of course I cant understand why people would not take care of their childrens either so... people are dead now because a deadbeat jerk rewarded an idiot with a gun.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 05:43:53 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47091 on: December 02, 2021, 06:57:38 pm »

Generational problems are indeed difficult to overcome.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47092 on: December 02, 2021, 07:13:24 pm »

Generational problems are indeed difficult to overcome.
Surely you just first need to check the windings and the magnets (or magnetic coils, especially where of a brushless design), lubricate the moving parts and clean the electrical contacts thoroughly.

Oh, sorry, generational... ;)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47093 on: December 02, 2021, 07:20:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you're anti-immigration, you kind of have to be pro-childbirth. Otherwise, you're some kind of country extinctionalist.

Frumple said what I would, more or less.

As some others have also said, it's accurate to describe many pro-lifers as "pro-birth" instead, since there's often little desire to do anything to help poor mothers with children they can't afford to have.

IIRC, it was brought up in the current Supreme Court hearings that there are laws that make the mother not financially responsible for the baby they didn't want.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 07:24:45 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #47094 on: December 02, 2021, 07:23:25 pm »

[...]you're some kind of country extinctionalist.

One can only dream that one day the US will finally die.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47095 on: December 02, 2021, 07:25:19 pm »

I've never understood this sentiment - trying to limit the number of vectors is the goal. If a rat chews through one of your boxes of cereal, you don't just give up the entire pantry to them.

The solution isn't to lock the rats in the pantry, however.

Omicron cases detected in California and Minnesota.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #47096 on: December 02, 2021, 07:29:34 pm »

I'm interested to hear your preferred strategy, then, Bumber.

Edit: travel bans have been shown to be ineffective - and really only hurt the smaller country of the ban. That much is known, however measures such as limiting travel and quarantining upon arrival /do work/.

Secondit: I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was doing an affirmation of the consequent: "Responsible people own guns. If my son owns a gun, they'll become responsible."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 08:42:33 pm by delphonso »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47097 on: December 02, 2021, 07:31:16 pm »

I cant put my hear around why a father would gift a underaged kid a gun of any kind UNLESS the kid is going to the junior olympics of shooting or something.
Eh... the gun I own was actually given to me around 12-15 (I don't quite remember when, but it was before I was 16), iirc, but it was given after, y'know, actual safety training, and mostly because it was a family heirloom. Old (actual antique, i.e. it was built over a century ago) 22 a great-grandfather passed down, old enough the thing wasn't manufactured with a safety. It's how I identify it among the firearms in the family; mine's the one with no safety, heh.

Clearly not what was going on here in any way, shape, or form, but yeah, there's some small subset of reasonable actions that involve gifting a firearm to someone young. You're just supposed to keep an eye on it and whatnot until they're older, and have better sense about it than... apparently anyone involved in the situation in question.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47098 on: December 02, 2021, 09:20:41 pm »

IIRC, it was brought up in the current Supreme Court hearings that there are laws that make the mother not financially responsible for the baby they didn't want.

Not including the $10K abortion bounties, medical costs of carrying/delivering, loss of income from time spent away from work or physical incapability of working or recovering after delivery, negotiating adoption procedures, never mind secondary social costs like a home-life shakeup if the pregnancy's unexpected, familial disownment, the scorn and criticism of your peers if it happens to a school-ager...

Baby itself won't cost, but getting it there? Whooh, that's on you, girlie!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47099 on: December 02, 2021, 09:35:20 pm »

I've never understood this sentiment - trying to limit the number of vectors is the goal. If a rat chews through one of your boxes of cereal, you don't just give up the entire pantry to them.

The solution isn't to lock the rats in the pantry, however.

Omicron cases detected in California and Minnesota.

Clearly we should now give up on trying to reduce the number of people spreading Covid and have an open border policy instead.

Herd immunity has to work sometime, amirite?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 3138 3139 [3140] 3141 3142 ... 3566