Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3140 3141 [3142] 3143 3144 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202911 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #47115 on: December 03, 2021, 03:06:44 am »

But cpac events dont supply lodgings!

See, we need a new kind of superspreader event! One that maximizes close proximity and contact! 

Imagine, in addition to the jingoist prattle main attraction, you can have secondary incubator opportunities by leveraging 2 star accomodations!

Its like a cruise that doesnt need port authority to disembark! Think of it!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47116 on: December 03, 2021, 10:39:34 am »

I just find it hilarious that Bumber is trying to compare Biden to the guy that said for months that Corona wasn't real. Get outta here with that shit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47117 on: December 03, 2021, 11:25:28 am »

So Governor DeSantis of Florida has proposed reactivating the Florida State Guard.
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47118 on: December 03, 2021, 11:32:40 am »

It's something like the Imperial Guard from Warhammer? If it's he has my vote.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47119 on: December 03, 2021, 12:14:27 pm »

Has Florida gotten that fucked over by the 'rona, or is he planning to use it for something else?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47120 on: December 03, 2021, 12:22:47 pm »

Has Florida gotten that fucked over by the 'rona, or is he planning to use it for something else?

Having a state defense force active isnt exactly unprecedented in the USA at the moment, but DeSantis is obviously planning to use it as some chest-thumping petty tyrant thing, or as a way to give bennies to his buddies like the New York Guard scandals.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47121 on: December 03, 2021, 12:24:35 pm »

Show of strength now, show of force later at election time? It's... Unlikely that they're being rallied for humanitarian purposes.

This reminds me of the open invite for police officers refusing vaccinations to come join Florida's force. Surely there's no relation, and a very good reason that Florida needs its own paramilitary force?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47122 on: December 03, 2021, 12:41:57 pm »

We've been pretty fucked by the rona, but it's hard to tell exactly how bad since deshitis and supporters have been supressing the case numbers in like a third to a half of the counties and the death counts in even more. Public don't fucking know and won't until someone gets around to crunching the excess death numbers and insurance/disability claim spikes, if those numbers can even been collected.

Got nothing to do with the jackboot dog and pony horseshit, though, save maybe the horseshit being a distraction attempt.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47123 on: December 03, 2021, 01:03:43 pm »

Gassp frumple is A Florida Man!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47124 on: December 03, 2021, 01:12:31 pm »

Every state has Florida Man, Florida just has transparent police records that lets reporters pick out the weird & wild stuff.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 01:28:45 pm by None »

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47125 on: December 03, 2021, 01:27:11 pm »

It's something like the Imperial Guard from Warhammer? If it's he has my vote.
1. It's a state-level military force separate from the National Guard permitted under 32 U.S. Code § 109 - Maintenance of other troops: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/32/109.
2. The proposal is part of a military budget for Florida https://flgov.com/2021/12/02/governor-ron-desantis-announces-military-budget-proposal-to-guard-floridas-future/. The force is supposed to help with emergencies.

I really wouldn't trust DeSantis with an ROTC brigate.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 01:33:13 pm by Flying Teasets »
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47126 on: December 03, 2021, 01:42:10 pm »

So its more like a PDF... yuks. Will not vote for him again. Being a republican he should have tried to do something better, like some Space Marines or Thunder Warriors for Emperor Trump.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47127 on: December 03, 2021, 02:12:30 pm »

I would be incredibly nervous about what DeSantis plans to do with that. Like, oh I dunno....state-sanctioned voter suppression and intimidation at polling sites.

And because it's Florida I'm sure it will be highly regulated and well ordered.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47128 on: December 03, 2021, 02:57:39 pm »

Yeah, living in a country with more police and military corps deployed than common sense would dictate, all fiercely loyal to the ruling regime, all corrupt to the core, I can tell you, yet another one is not a good thing.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47129 on: December 03, 2021, 03:50:58 pm »

Crumbley's parents have each been charged with 4 counts of manslaughter in connection with the shooting.
Pages: 1 ... 3140 3141 [3142] 3143 3144 ... 3566