Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4223399 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #17655 on: February 28, 2018, 09:13:50 pm »

Alternating retirement benefits between sections of a population that doesn't age sounds fantastic, actually.  Work for 30 years/vacation for 30 years/repeat... And every work cycle offers the opportunity to retrain for an entirely new career if your last one went obsolete.  And there's more incentive to participate honestly when you're contributing to something that will reward you with more than a few twilight years.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17656 on: February 28, 2018, 09:22:27 pm »

Did nobody else notice the thing where Trump said he wanted to do the thing which he had been saying Obama was going to do for a decade? The funny thing is absolutely everyone hates him for that one, including his most reverent supporters.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17657 on: February 28, 2018, 09:26:12 pm »

Maybe they'll realise finally that he's actually just corporate  pondscum with no real political or ideological affiliation to them if he makes a few more of these blatant slips
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17658 on: February 28, 2018, 09:33:04 pm »

lol not while they can ride on his coattails for a bit.

or:

lol you say that like he’s different than anyone else.

or:

lol he’s been doing this for years why are they going to notice now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17659 on: February 28, 2018, 09:54:34 pm »

They'll figure something out. Their lot is good at forming a narrative around whatever is happening. Fox News is pushing the talking point that collusion with the Russians was actually Hillary's thing now. And not just the uranium deal anymore. Apparently she sought out help from Russian hackers against Trump? Like really?

EDIT:

I don't have a source off-hand, but apparently he accused a Republican senator, after said senator proposed a bill that did not include an age restriction to owning guns, of being "afraid of the NRA."

I thought that was directed at a Democrat. Or at least, that's who he's been directing it at for a while now. Maybe he just didn't know who was who in the room.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17660 on: February 28, 2018, 10:00:09 pm »

I saw the soundbite, but didn't see who it was directed at. But I know he's been using that line "Afraid of the NRA" against democrats for a few days now. But yeah, it works in that context too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17661 on: February 28, 2018, 10:26:21 pm »

Apparently she sought out help from Russian hackers against Trump? Like really?

Like that time he encouraged the Russians to provide the thousands of emails Hillary was s’posed to have deleted?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17662 on: February 28, 2018, 10:33:15 pm »

There was another one asking if they'd break up with their partners for a 38k raise. 1/3rd said yes.

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. Then again, I'd have to get into a relationship to be able to break it off, and that's not going to happen. Could I get the raise by promising not to have a partner in the first place? I mean, I'd be getting money for nothing, but I could try to convince whoever's paying me that it would somehow be a great sacrifice.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17663 on: February 28, 2018, 10:35:41 pm »

"Afraid of the NRA"

What are they going to do?

Shoot me?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17664 on: February 28, 2018, 10:36:01 pm »

I imagine most people just went “well yeah, ‘cause it doesn’t say anything about not immediately getting back together with them.”

I mean come on guys, be more pedantic.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17665 on: February 28, 2018, 11:29:25 pm »

There was another one asking if they'd break up with their partners for a 38k raise. 1/3rd said yes.
Absolutely. That's not enough to drag my family out of poverty, but holy shit would it make a difference.

Did nobody else notice the thing where Trump said he wanted to do the thing which he had been saying Obama was going to do for a decade? The funny thing is absolutely everyone hates him for that one, including his most reverent supporters.
Shadenfreude is the devil's greatest gift to humanity.

Republicans are convinced that this, like many of his other positions, is quite temporary and will blow over.
Well, they may well be right; but in the meantime, I will savor this for an evening or two.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17666 on: February 28, 2018, 11:31:35 pm »

Nah, it was specifically against Pat Toomey, specifically over the proposed Republican bill not including an age restriction.

EDIT: here it is. Republicans are convinced that this, like many of his other positions, is quite temporary and will blow over.
Breitbart is having its typical civil war between "OMG WEVE BEEN LIED TO TRUMP IS ONE OF THEM" and "HE'S PLAYING 17-DIMENSIONAL BACKGAMMON, DOUBT IS HERESY". If only it was a shooting war....

EDIT: Oh, and the third faction of Cruzites and Paulites saying "YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS BY VOTING FOR A REAL CONSERVATIVE!"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:43:26 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17667 on: February 28, 2018, 11:52:09 pm »

Throwing my hat in for having neither.  Due to lack of time, nowadays - I have had several SOs, being 31.

Scraping by on freelance sucks.  I wish I had steady employment again, even for a simple "able to single-handedly raise a family of 3-7 kids" salary, but that's in short supply nowadays.  For reasons which supposedly have nothing to do with immigration, because we're supposedly just too lazy/entitled to take those jobs.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17668 on: February 28, 2018, 11:55:10 pm »

Nah, it was specifically against Pat Toomey, specifically over the proposed Republican bill not including an age restriction.

EDIT: here it is. Republicans are convinced that this, like many of his other positions, is quite temporary and will blow over.
Breitbart is having its typical civil war between "OMG WEVE BEEN LIED TO TRUMP IS ONE OF THEM" and "HE'S PLAYING 17-DIMENSIONAL BACKGAMMON, DOUBT IS HERESY". If only it was a shooting war....

EDIT: Oh, and the third faction of Cruzites and Paulites saying "YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS BY VOTING FOR A REAL CONSERVATIVE!"
The r/the_donald thread about it is absolutely hilarious. About half of them are insisting it's actually 6th-dimensional fanorona, the other half is yelling this isn't what they voted for and getting their comments deleted as a result.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17669 on: March 01, 2018, 12:01:48 am »

Throwing my hat in for having neither.  Due to lack of time, nowadays - I have had several SOs, being 31.

Scraping by on freelance sucks.  I wish I had steady employment again, even for a simple "able to single-handedly raise a family of 3-7 kids" salary, but that's in short supply nowadays.  For reasons which supposedly have nothing to do with immigration, because we're supposedly just too lazy/entitled to take those jobs.
Most of those jobs are in fact farm work which is contrary to popular belief super skilled labor. I takes a hell of a lot of skill to be good at it while simultaneously being super demanding. There is a very good reason people are not working those jobs. You would be right to not take those jobs because they are shitty. Don't blame the immigrants, they are just a victim of a system meant to draw them in and have noting to do with the problems of the US job market.
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 3566