Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4223448 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #17670 on: March 01, 2018, 12:11:04 am »

Fair enough.  I was thinking mostly construction (and bicycle repair, from my personal experience) which shows my urban upbringing.

I still never blame them, except as pawns (like us) for the corporations that benefit from a glut of workforce.
Also they are constantly breaking the law.  I constantly jaywalk, because I don't trust drivers turning at intersections, but I feel like there's a difference.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17671 on: March 01, 2018, 12:23:10 am »

Fair enough.  I was thinking mostly construction (and bicycle repair, from my personal experience) which shows my urban upbringing.

I still never blame them, except as pawns (like us) for the corporations that benefit from a glut of workforce.
Also they are constantly breaking the law.  I constantly jaywalk, because I don't trust drivers turning at intersections, but I feel like there's a difference.
Might be a consequence of not being allowed to have a drivers license and so never going through American drivers training to our standards.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17672 on: March 01, 2018, 12:29:18 am »

That's the disconnect, I guess.
They're not allowed to have a drivers license...  Because they're not allowed to sneak over.  Or keep the license once they overstay their visas.

The problem is our low rate of admitting immigrants...  Not that we treat serious criminals as criminals.
And the corporations keep winning, paying illegals pittances off the books.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #17673 on: March 01, 2018, 04:00:17 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43235969
a) You know what they say about stopped clocks.
b) Hahahahaha, it doesn't matter who you are or what you think about Trump being on your side, he will find a way to screw you over eventually.

Although the "Seize the weapons without due process!" part is just...terrifying. I'm a Brit, you Americans and your fetishisation of firearms is completely alien to me. But even I know the President of a Democracy should not be actively encouraging the removal of due process. It's very "Guilty until proven Innocent" (not that America is exactly a stranger to that idea *cough*Guantanamo*cough*).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:58:06 am by MorleyDev »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17674 on: March 01, 2018, 05:12:54 am »

Quote from: David Corn (@DavidCornDC)
Obama: I support moderate gun restrictions.
GOP: He's taking your guns away!!!!!!!

Trump: I want to take guns away.
GOP: <shrug>
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17675 on: March 01, 2018, 08:01:09 am »

I saw some mention to "The Night of the Long Tiki Torches" and had to investigate to discover the slaughter in that shitty string of badly formatted comment threads, and it is hilarious. Fuck every bit of reddit, but fuck those guys first, hell yeah!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17676 on: March 01, 2018, 08:05:23 am »

And Putin is saying some interesting things.. Really a Russia-thread thing, especially if it's just internal poll-boosting talk, but just wait for Trump to "want one of those too"..?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17677 on: March 01, 2018, 08:53:24 am »

I think thus far they've been shrugging because who knows what he'll say today. This is the problem with electing a Magic 8-Ball.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17678 on: March 01, 2018, 09:25:33 am »

Oi. Don't go speaking ill of magic eight balls like that. They only have like five or six answers they'll give out, however contradictory they may be. Cadet bone spurs is far less consistent.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17679 on: March 01, 2018, 09:32:26 am »

Cadet bone spurs
Okay, that's a new one for me and I'm going to have to insist that you explain it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17680 on: March 01, 2018, 10:00:35 am »

Cadet bone spurs
Okay, that's a new one for me and I'm going to have to insist that you explain it.
Can I have 'excuses for evasion of army service' in 'Trump's bullshit' for $500, Alex?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17681 on: March 01, 2018, 10:15:56 am »

Specifically, when Trump was drafted in Vietnam he got I believe 5 deferments for having "bone spurs", which got him out of it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17682 on: March 01, 2018, 10:21:40 am »

Specifically, when Trump was drafted in Vietnam he got I believe 5 deferments for having "bone spurs", which got him out of it.
I see.
TBH I was hoping for something a little more interesting, but I'll take it. :P

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17683 on: March 01, 2018, 10:26:15 am »

It can still be fairly interesting when you view his recent behavior in that light.  For example, it's pretty reprehensible that he'd call out John McCain for being a POW when he was too cowardly to go to Vietnam at all and sought out those deferments to avoid it.

Or his more recent claim that he'd have been brave enough to run into that school in Florida during the shooting, even if he were unarmed.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17684 on: March 01, 2018, 10:36:16 am »

Cadet bone spurs
Can I have 'excuses for evasion of army service' in 'Trump's bullshit' for $500, Alex?

It was Sen. Tammy Duckworth who coined it I believe.
Pages: 1 ... 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 ... 3566