Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4223369 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #17610 on: February 28, 2018, 01:33:02 pm »

*ominous soviet anthem getting closer from behind a door*

And yet, all I can think of this situation is wondering how they'll name the generation after Generation Z. Generation AA? Generation 27? So many possibilities, yet none seem right!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17611 on: February 28, 2018, 01:42:20 pm »

Generation RED.

Cuz they're all gonna be commie scum.

Also I'd really like to know who's funding all this gibberish non-research into millenials. Like, how do you approach someone to ask them for money to see if these damn youngsters ruining the best country in the world are soulless monsters or not?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17612 on: February 28, 2018, 01:43:41 pm »

There was another one asking if they'd break up with their partners for a 38k raise. 1/3rd said yes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17613 on: February 28, 2018, 01:44:43 pm »

Generation RED.

Also I'd really like to know who's funding all this gibberish non-research into millenials. Like, how do you approach someone to ask them for money to see if these damn youngsters ruining the best country in the world are soulless monsters or not?

I actually think that the title (and the first part of the article) is just really sarcastic, since after a while it said that all this research into millenials is false or misguided.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17614 on: February 28, 2018, 01:47:33 pm »

Generation RED.

I actually think that the title (and the first part of the article) is just really sarcastic, since after a while it said that all this research into millenials is false or misguided.
Yeah, the article is basically calling the research bullshit in a very sarcastic way. The article also mentions all interviewed commie-satanist mellienials are single, so the relationship question is based off of a purely imaginary situation.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17615 on: February 28, 2018, 01:49:17 pm »

Yeah, the article itself is fine. It's the """""""""""""""""researchers""""""""""""""""" who are baiting.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17616 on: February 28, 2018, 01:50:54 pm »

Yeah, the article itself is fine. It's the """""""""""""""""researchers""""""""""""""""" who are baiting.
Didn't add the same quantity of quotation marks on either side of "researchers"; Another example of millenial lazyness.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17617 on: February 28, 2018, 01:55:09 pm »

"""""""""""""Be""hold""":::"""myPOWER"""""""~~~~~~~~`
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17618 on: February 28, 2018, 02:43:35 pm »

Broke Slogan: "Many Voices, One Vision"

Woke Slogan: "Behold The Fire, And Laugh"
I feel like 2020 will essentially be SHODAN vs. The Many.

Also, if the Dems wind up drafting a Kennedy as their candidate, I will join the Democratic Party, just so I can burn my membership card and leave the party.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17619 on: February 28, 2018, 02:49:21 pm »

Wait, the Democratic party has membership cards?! Where's mine?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17620 on: February 28, 2018, 03:21:08 pm »

In the future everyone will have a party card, because they'll also be their credit cards.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17621 on: February 28, 2018, 03:49:17 pm »

Wait, the Democratic party has membership cards?! Where's mine?
Surgically implanted in your prostate. You probably didn't know, and may not have wanted to. It's installed while you sleep if you don't opt out of the membership card plan. Don't ask how they got to you while you were asleep. People keep suggesting there's ninjas involved but everyone claiming to have evidence disappears, so...

... also, next time you register for a political party be really careful about the fine print. Unless that's your thing, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17622 on: February 28, 2018, 03:58:45 pm »

Holy shit, the pinnacle of millennial baiting.
One outlet deemed the results “ice cold,” and a spokesperson from Comet claimed that “This study shows that most Millennials are willing to make huge sacrifices in order to get ahead in their career,” going on to speculate that this might be in part because millennials are “still young and haven’t yet learned the value of those things they’d be giving up (love, family, relationships).”
I can't imagine who could have taught my people such a thing

also

Everybody is on drugs, but not the fun drugs, the murder drugs

also

So wait, are millenials working too hard because they're all brash young'ns? or are they all lazy because they're pampered and affluent? Are they having too much sex because of hookup culture? Or are they having too little sex because they're all wusses that only thrive on facebook? Did they ruin the country by whining and moaning instead of pulling their sleeves up and digging down? Or was it their parents' fault and they're all poor victims of a system that was rigged against them from the start?

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #17623 on: February 28, 2018, 04:00:43 pm »

Holy shit, the pinnacle of millennial baiting.
One outlet deemed the results “ice cold,” and a spokesperson from Comet claimed that “This study shows that most Millennials are willing to make huge sacrifices in order to get ahead in their career,” going on to speculate that this might be in part because millennials are “still young and haven’t yet learned the value of those things they’d be giving up (love, family, relationships).”
I can't imagine who could have taught my people such a thing

also

Everybody is on drugs, but not the fun drugs, the murder drugs

also

So wait, are millenials working too hard because they're all brash young'ns? or are they all lazy because they're pampered and affluent? Are they having too much sex because of hookup culture? Or are they having too little sex because they're all wusses that only thrive on facebook? Did they ruin the country by whining and moaning instead of pulling their sleeves up and digging down? Or was it their parents' fault and they're all poor victims of a system that was rigged against them from the start?
Yes
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17624 on: February 28, 2018, 04:09:05 pm »

Millenials stronk like mathematical paradox. But only stronk in ways older people can use as scapegoat fodder for their own failures :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 3566