Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3564 3565 [3566]

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4180731 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #53475 on: Today at 09:57:36 am »

Peltier stuff today is really inefficient. Like, even in a lab it only gets to 30% efficient.  Really not what you're looking for.

At any rate, laws really shouldn't be dictating technology anyway; they should be dictating outcomes. Only when the method to reach an outcome is egregiously hazardous to society should government be making policy about a particular method or tech.  Generally you don't even need to be specific; if you have a law "don't poison people" you shouldn't need laws "don't poison people with lead. don't poison people with arsenic. don't poison people with chemical X..."  sadly our legislation tends to do the latter instead of the former... makes it super complex and inefficient.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53476 on: Today at 10:55:11 am »

(wonder why EV sales tanked? The loss of the $7500 tax credit is a big factor... because effectively no manufacturer was eligible for it any more).

False assumption. EV sales hit a record level in Q2 2024, and every manufacturer except Tesla saw a significant boost in sales (meanwhile, ICE sales were down a few percent compared to the same time in 2023. Ford's struggling a bit, primarily because they went all-in on the higher-end market and it is the low-end buyers that seem to be most willing to embrace electric drive.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53477 on: Today at 11:07:11 am »

I think EV sales have recovered, but there was a dip right after the tax credit expired.  OEMs dropped their prices after that, too... so in the long run it evened out.

I totally agree that the OEMs making too-large, over-tech-heavy vehicles is not good for either ICE or EVs though.

I like that NHTSA is working on regulations to limit vehicle size. I don't like that NHTSA is mandating more built-in electronics though.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.
Pages: 1 ... 3564 3565 [3566]