Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: Exmortal (IC Thread)  (Read 48704 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal (IC Thread)
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2016, 09:00:40 pm »

"Damage ineffective. Increasing volume to compensate."

Heavy attack the drill-bot, aiming to trip it up and knock it down.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2016, 09:32:02 pm »

"Can you not attack us?!" Gilles roared at the other adventurers. Taking a good stance, he swung one of his hardsuit's arms, the metallic lasso unwinding from its hiding place in a high trajectory before swinging down to try and catch the railgun-bot in a coordinated movement.

Heavy Attack the railrobot with the lasso.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2017, 11:48:55 pm »

"Wierd."

Stay back, taking all means to avoid enemy attacks. Remove a hammer or similar weapon/like implement and attack any enemy that gets too close.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2017, 02:44:36 am »

Run past the whip robot and cavalry slash it, then use mage power to ignite the air around it?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 03:02:14 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2017, 03:27:26 pm »

"Damage ineffective. Increasing volume to compensate."

Heavy attack the drill-bot, aiming to trip it up and knock it down.

Solj disrupts the machine's attack with a hailfire of stopping power. [3+5 -> 0 Counter-hits] The restless machine walks through unimpeded by pain, its weapon dragging across the ground and leaving a trail of sparks. It flanks Gilles [who disrupts: 3 -> 0] and pulls Solj out of his hand, {6 -> 3} throwing him sliding across the floor. He settles next to a frozen tome near the door. His temperature sensors read a value of roughly 203.1 Kelvins. [Constitution 6 -> 2 (OK)]

As Gilles becomes aware of the machine, it rears its claw for another attack; the arm does not come down again, however. The arm joint seems to have jammed thanks to Solj's fire [6 ->  2, no Reflex needed].
Its shoulder joint suddenly drenches itself in clear hydraulic fluid. The robot falls to the ground, losing all pressure to its hydraulics system.

Knocked Out

"Wierd."

Stay back, taking all means to avoid enemy attacks. Remove a hammer or similar weapon/like implement and attack any enemy that gets too close.

Solj just got thrown across the floor, but the robot seems to be knocked out.

"Can you not attack us?!" Gilles roared at the other adventurers. Taking a good stance, he swung one of his hardsuit's arms, the metallic lasso unwinding from its hiding place in a high trajectory before swinging down to try and catch the railgun-bot in a coordinated movement.

Heavy Attack the railrobot with the lasso.

"My bad mistaking one freak for another!" shouts the Magician. Gilles fires the lasso--[8+2 -> 7+0] it snatches up the machine and pulls on its legs, causing it to lose balance. [Disruption 5 -> 2 Counter-Hits] The motion is swift and sudden, and its head hits the ground as does its weapon and its magazine, which spills bolts all over the ground.
[Constitution 8 -> 4 (OK)] Gilles calmly pulls the lasso taut.

Immobilized (2), Ranged weapon out of ammo

Run past the whip robot and cavalry slash it, then use mage power to ignite the air around it?

[8 -> 4] Raioyris charges and slashes the robot. His blade adheres to the whip's magnetic field--but with a smile he uses this to his advantage and tugs on the whip, throwing the robot overhead. [Mage Power 4 -> 1] With a snap of his fingers he ignites the spirits in the air above him. The whip-bot lands in a heap on the ground, but Raioyris' sword is still attached.

The Aurogen duelist, bewildered, recalls his remaining drone and pulls a box magazine from his pack, inserting it into the drone's receptacle. The drone fires its 50-cal into the crippled machine, [6 -> 1] filling the air with the smoke of gunpowder and burning plastic.

Knocked Down, Sensors covered in soot (+1 DIFF to all attacks), Power Outage (Must pass Constitution or else components start failing)

The Magician follows the Millenus/Clawbot heap and holds his fire, waiting to see what happened.

{6 -> 3} The Clawbot tears away from Millenus' grip by physically tearing the puppet's arms off of itself. Sucks to not have a skeleton.

[6 -> 3 (OK)]{4 -> 1 (FAIL)} Millenus dashes away from the robot, leaving his arms behind. He can deal with those later.

The Magician casts a lightning bolt from his body, conducting through the metal claws on his back and electrocuting the Clawbot. {4 -> 1} It moves no more.

Knocked Down, Knocked Out???

NPC Status:

Magician - Unharmed
Aurogen Duelist - Bleeding (1)
Unknown Ranger - Shaken (Must pass Constitution test before she can contribute)
Millenus - Bleeding (2), Knocked Down

Spoiler: Raioyris' Locus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wilbur, AKA Roseheart (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 03:29:41 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2017, 05:48:36 pm »

"Pfft. I guess I asked for that."

Grabbing the whip Raioyris uses mage power to nullify the current through application of a equal voltage to the voltage source and retrieve his sword.

Then jump away and take snipes at weaker important bits of the robot with my 92FS.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:55:52 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2017, 10:32:55 pm »

Johan is rather bewildered by the robots, and as he is not directly participating in the fight, he tries to examine them to the best of their ability, trying to determine abilities, weaknesses, and other traits that the robots/machines have.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2017, 12:06:17 am »

Fighting with temporary allies tended to be a bother for Gilles. He couldn't use all of his tricks lest he risk catching others adventurers in them, which meant a compartment full of metal bearings went unused.

"That's offensive. And hey, put less permanent damage into the robots, we need to check them." he pointed out, keeping the automaton tied with the lasso while independently aiming with the autocannon.

Add a few more foam rounds into the robot more likely to recover.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2017, 12:46:43 am »

"Belligerents temporarily pacified. Friendlies who proceed to damage pacified individuals may be reclassified as belligerents, and subsequently pacified."

Sigh. Prop myself up to be able to fire.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2017, 01:18:11 am »

Fighting with temporary allies tended to be a bother for Gilles. He couldn't use all of his tricks lest he risk catching others adventurers in them, which meant a compartment full of metal bearings went unused.

"That's offensive. And hey, put less permanent damage into the robots, we need to check them." he pointed out, keeping the automaton tied with the lasso while independently aiming with the autocannon.

Add a few more foam rounds into the robot more likely to recover.

"Not talking about you..." he shouts, kneeling over the electrocuted Clawbot. He turns his head to look at Millenus, who sways side-to-side trying to maintain his balance. "Is he going to be, er, okay?"

Gilles put a few extra rounds into the robot with the ranged weapon, ensuring that it won't move an inch.

Johan is rather bewildered by the robots, and as he is not directly participating in the fight, he tries to examine them to the best of their ability, trying to determine abilities, weaknesses, and other traits that the robots/machines have.

Mattias kneels over the disabled machine with the drill. Clearly its hydraulics are malfunctioning. He looks for the proper tool to take off the outer housing, then investigates the machine.

Inside he finds a lot of thick cables wrapped in metallic coating. They seem to wriggle and move, and make up the majority of the internal volume of the robot. The rest of the torso volume is taken up by a multi-chambered heart in the center with hydraulic lines spanning out like blood vessels. There also seem to be new lines growing, inflating out of the central mass of cables like those narrow balloons used to make animals.
The head is twitching back and forth, but it is unable to move significantly.

Its stats are 3/0/2/1 (Strength/Speed/Reflex/Constitution)

"Pfft. I guess I asked for that."

Grabbing the whip Raioyris uses mage power to nullify the current through application of a equal voltage to the voltage source and retrieve his sword.

Then jump away and take snipes at weaker important bits of the robot with my 92FS.

[4 -> 3] The sword and all the scrap attached to the electromagnetic whip comes off--and the robot's body falls apart along with it, still connected by hydraulic veins and strings of metallic cables but jumbled and out-of-place.

It seems it was being held together by magnetism, at least in part.

The current fried it, though. It stops moving outright.

"Belligerents temporarily pacified. Friendlies who proceed to damage pacified individuals may be reclassified as belligerents, and subsequently pacified."

Sigh. Prop myself up to be able to fire.

The talking weapon props itself up, but it seems any damage done by the unruly members of the party has been done.

NPC Status
Magician - Unharmed
Aurogen Duelist - Bleeding (1)
Unknown Ranger - Shaken (Must pass Constitution test before she can contribute)
Millenus - Bleeding (2), Knocked Down

Enemy Status
Drillbot - Hydraulics Destroyed
Railbot - Engulfed in foam, still attempting to move
Clawbot - Knocked Out
Whipbot - Disassembled and possibly fried

Spoiler: Raioyris' Locus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wilbur, AKA Roseheart (click to show/hide)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2017, 01:25:26 am »

"Is this as far as you guys got?

Or perhaps you've been wondering around for sometime?"

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2017, 01:33:06 am »

"Is this as far as you guys got?

Or perhaps you've been wondering around for sometime?"

Seeing as things have died down, the Aurogen sheaths his sword, and walks over to pick up the shattered husk of his other drone, the one that got slammed against the ground.

He takes a few moments to gather his breath.
"It's embarrassing to say, I guess..." He tries to lift up the wreckage, but the bottom of the frame cracks open and spills drone guts all over the floor.
"We thought we had them the first time, took out all four. Decided to camp in here for a few hours after the fight... but they killed our Fourth in her sleep after they got up again."

A tent can be seen near the east side of the door you entered through. Next to it, a dead body. She had some kind of hammer, apparently.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2017, 03:34:05 am »

for GM's eyes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2017, 06:56:19 am »

"Milenus is going to be fine. And your companion's death is a shame. My condolences." Gilles replied sincerely as he walked away to scoop up Solj from the floor. Adventurers ended up dying all the time, though. The remaining members of the group would hopefully learn something or other about paying attention to their surroundings and not making the same mistake again. He returned to the murder-bots' proximity while calmly reeling in part of his lasso's cable.

"Did they look like this even before you took them down? They don't seem like anything I saw before." Meaning his interest wasn't as powerful as it'd otherwise be, but... "Too much scrap and aggression. Let me see what I can find. Keep 'em tied into place." he continued, getting closer to the railbot and then getting to work.

Use my reprogramming powers to make the railbot (and, depending on time available, more robots) non-hostile, and take the opportunity to check their programming for signs of make and operational history. Tie up and/or foam any robots that get too feisty..
>Yes?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2017, 08:32:25 pm »

"Interesting... It seems that this robot here has some sort of heart that uses hydraulic lines as blood vessels. Some new ones are coming out of the heart even as I speak, perhaps these robots are able to regenerate themselves somehow?"

Johan tried to check on/examine the other robots to confirm his theory.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37