Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Evolution, /tg/ style  (Read 28911 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution, /tg/ style
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2017, 04:12:28 pm »

Aye, I returned from the Czech Republic a few hours ago so I've been quite busy. Will be busy with tests the next two weeks too.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2017, 08:02:42 am »

PTW

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2017, 01:51:14 pm »

Instead of posting to watch, draw stuff!
Even if you aren't that good, just pick a preexisting species (That's not extinct) and do something.
It'll help the longlivety of this thread.

Ps: Just ignore anything made by that troll.

joaquin55

• Bay Watcher
  • i want die
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2017, 11:15:14 am »

its dead right?  :'( :'(  :( :(

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2017, 11:26:38 am »

I still have hope, just be patient.
Or better yet, post a new evolution from one of the many existing ones.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2017, 12:59:20 pm »

I provided quite a Bit and wanna see others doing work.  Mainly i am waiting for an extinction event

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2017, 01:39:17 pm »

Terrestrius Hanfus Baubleis, as it was buffeted by the winds, began to grow a second leaf, as to provide greater energy, and more air resistance to glide on, becoming known as Terrestrius Hanfus Dibaubleis.

Read: Bump+Content

Avanti!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2017, 12:55:47 pm »

Is this thing on?

Edit:
if it is
Ancestor
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cauldlebrachus rustiniuys  has two of its tentacles fused together into a tail for propulsion, the other two are used to grasp prey and mates
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:46:42 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2017, 01:26:30 pm »

Ancestor

As Turtectulis InfraBlingus delved deeper and deeper into the oceans, both pressure and temperature increased for the creature, it's skin grew thicker and also retreated further into its insulated shell, as well as developing a 'helmet' covering, to insulate the most important parts. Thus became known as Turtectulis Infra-Legatus.

The signal tailed bloop (Bloopfish signumcaudus) Dwells on the seafloor using its tentacles to drag itself along and feeding on detritus, sediment dwelling animals and sedentary organisms. During mating season they develop bioluminesent spots on their tails to attract mates.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

joaquin55

• Bay Watcher
  • i want die
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2017, 04:23:32 pm »

The Bloopfish signumcaudus get more tails with bioluminescent spots to better attract mates, the ones with more tails attract more, this also works as a light to better see in the darkness of the seafloor.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2017, 02:44:02 pm »

Extinction Event!
As the world starts to fill with a variety of animals and plants, conflicts emerge. Some species are hunted to the brink, while others can not find their prey. Some are overgrazed, while others starve because all plants are gone. All stand for different difficulties they must overcome. And most will not survive.

To find balance, the weak must perish.

Special event:
This is not a regular extinction event. Instead of all adapting to the same hardship, each clade (group of species sharing a common first ancestor) must adapt to their own challenge.
Due to the nature of this event, two species from every clade will survive into the next period of time. There is however, no time limit. Because there is such a limited amount of free spots, players are forbidden to evolve two species from the same clade.

Challenges:
Florescus Clade: Too many plants are consumed by animals for the plants to succesfully grow and reproduce
Plumpolychos Clade: Their slowness makes them easy prey for carnivores able to crack open their shells.
Spinowyrmae Clade: Unburrowing to reproduce leaves them too vulnerable.
Byrdoctopedes Clade: They hunt too efficiently, causing their prey to go extinct, which in turn makes them starve.

So I owe you all a big apology for just letting this game die. After my holiday, I did not feel like updating, and eventually I forgot about it. Sorry lads.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2017, 03:27:37 pm »

So how long do we have until extinctions happens?
edit: Nevermind, forgot a for a moment what you wrote.

edit2: Alright, here are three species I have decided to be worthy enough for survival.

Updown Umbrellis Burromoreis have in order to survive all the predators, simply burrowed deeper.
It's spores are still as dangerous as its ancestors's.

The Terrestrius Hanfus Dibaubleis Toxis have developed toxic spikes in order to mitigate the chances of being eaten.

The Cauldlebrachus Beakrushius have noticed the fierce competition.
And as a result, migrated towards the ocean surface and begun exclusively feeding on whatever Terrestrius Hanfus Dibaubleis Toxis which hovers too close to the water.
It has developed a sturdier beak to be able to crack open their shells, and gained something of an immunity to the toxin as well.
Because of this, it had absorbed the toxins into its own body and its pigments reflect this.
As if this is not enough, it has evolved a second spike on each of its appendages. Which are capable of injecting a deadly toxin into whatever predator would dare to hunt them.

edit3: I have noticed a discrepancy here.. The toxic seed pods are airborne while the Cauldlebrachus Beakrushius still swims around in deep water.
I'm going to assume they swim to the surface and eats whatever seed pods happens to land in the water.
Made a slight description change to remedy this. Sorry about that!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:33:43 pm by Ultimuh »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2017, 06:48:41 pm »

PTW.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2017, 07:00:57 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2017, 11:26:48 am »

Turtectulis Infrablingus has developed its body even more to allow it to survive in harsh pressurized water zones. Its hard shell covers almost all of its body and even the tail has become shorter. This being is known as Amonitas Infrablingus.

Tentaclus Infrablingus has developed thick tentacles in his mouth region to easily strangle predators.

Terrestrius Hanfus found that it was losing incredible amounts of moisture due to its leaf configuration. Terrestrius Fauxcactfus wrapped its leaves around itself, thus decreasing evaporation.

Terrestrius Cactfus has directly responded to the overfeedig problem, by developing spikes that can pierce through flesh at will
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:34:36 am by Detoxicated »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15