Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185736 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2025 on: May 25, 2018, 06:10:16 pm »

"Calm down beatiful lady,"

Grave robber eyes gleams with lust but his voice turns soft, it's hard to know if the grave robber is flirting or trying to calm her down, maybe both?

"When we end our exploration you will be in the hamlet, maybe someone can give you a scout to your house, say, where did you came from?"

After this he/she looks to the bounty hunter

"Hmmm, what is the rulers for the loot? Are we allowed to keep something? A share of it?"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: May 25, 2018, 06:20:25 pm »

"In simple words, stay near the man with the torch, don't wander off, don't get in the way. And we'll get you out of here."

Hmph. Onwards.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 25, 2018, 08:02:16 pm »

”With all due respect, ma’am, I do not trust you and have no reason to do so. Stay out of the way and you’ll get out alive. Do anything even slightly suspicious and I will cut you down without a second thought. You have been warned.”

Onwards! To glory!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: May 25, 2018, 08:23:26 pm »

"Come on man, she is clearly terrified. There's no reason to be threatening her at this time."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: May 25, 2018, 08:38:01 pm »

”Maybe she is but a normal woman, taken here against her will. If so, she has nothing to fear from me. But maybe she is a monster or cultist in disguise, just waiting for the right moment to strike and kill us all. Until we get back to town I choose to believe anything is possible here. I refuse to die for want of caution.”
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 25, 2018, 08:38:53 pm »

"Uhh, check her pulse, moisture on her breath, cut off an burn a lock of hair, show her her reflection, scatter some beads, check her ears for scars, have her make a false statement, don't let her know where she is, if she is leaving, or if she is going to be checked for curses until she has been checked for curses, uhhh... Oh, does anyone have holy-water? a sprinkle of that would might trigger something!"
"Or, well, lady? You look like a normal human female. If we think that's misleading, then we'll react better to being told than finding out otherwise.
Is that everything?
"
Check book for human undead associated with torture implements.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 25, 2018, 08:45:29 pm »

"If she is but human, threats will only serve to frighten her, and make her more likely to panic and get in the way. If she is anything but, making threats simply warns her that you're ready to fight, so the monster will be sure to take us by surprise. Either way, you gain nothing."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 25, 2018, 09:31:07 pm »

"If I awoke is a strange lair of horrors, I would wish to be assured that I were not unknowingly tainted with some menace. A few simple checks should allay the most immediate fears of her soul being warped into an explosive curse to shred the unwary, or her body hosting an obscene infection of toxic mouths on legs, or her lusts being emboldened and twisted to drive her to pervert and mutilate all she hold sacred with her own hands. Proper caution is always reassuring!"
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: May 26, 2018, 05:00:24 pm »

The woman blushes at the grave robber's compliment, and looks quite relieved when the androgenous figure tells her that she will get her home safe. Of course, her smile dies when the bandaged hulk of a man proclaims his distrust, and intent to cut her in half if she were to betray them. The woman in the chains is quick to defend her, at least. A bit more terse than that nice lady, yes, but most of these people don't exactly look like proud knights. Closer to mercenaries.
I understand, good sers. I will stay in the back and... not get in your way. She awkwardly scratches her arm a bit, not sure if she should move to the bounty hunter or not as the two figures argue. The grave robber is asking a question to the bounty hunter, too, so she just stands right in front of that horrible torture device. How long did she spend in there? Hours? Days?
She does feel awful thirsty. But if they can just get out of here, she'll be fine. It's nothing she can't handle, she was brought up to be graceful under pressure.
Suddenly, some eastern woman covered in trinkets, to the point that she sounds like a sack of bells as she walks, start accosting her with questions and starts touching her somewhat inappropriately. Two fingers against her neck were the first thing, her hand stopping her from pulling away. She has oddly warm hands, must be all the layers she's wearing.
Pulse normal... please sigh? she says, keeping her face in front of her. She takes a deep breath as she does so, a little too confused to ask what she is even doing. Fortunately, she seems to explain herself. It's a medical check-up, essentially. Then she cuts off a lock of hair and throws it into the torch of the bounty hunter, who stands there stoically. The strong smell of burnt hair comes along, and then a mirror is plopped in her face.
She looks GHASTLY, her make-up is all undone and she looks tired. She seems pleased, though. Then she checks her ears, tells her to lie about something...
Finally, she takes a bottle out of the pack, and covers a brush in a bit of holy water, of all things. She rubs it on her hands, and when it doesn't do anything she seems satisfied.
That'll do. You seem normal in every which way. If you feel anything strange, or as if you have to act on something: TELL US. There's no telling what this place might do to you.
That's ominous

With that out of the way, the woman attaches herself to the bounty hunter, who quickly clasps her hand to keep her close. Gruff as he is, he's instantly invested in her well-being.
There is only one way forward. Things seem looted enough, the antiquarian content to continue looking for undead related to torture implements. She doesn't find anything of the sort, but she does find a few notes on something called a bonethief. A creature than enters a human body and controls it completely an utterly, leaving the mind of the victim in the back, looking at the horror it inflicts. Fortunately, they are very easy to spot. They are pale, have stiff movement, and have an almost impossible to hide hatred of anything that is not part of their "alignment".
No added information on that alignment business...
The woman isn't infested by a bonethief, that's clear enough. The running make-up revealed some very rosy cheeks through the powdering, not to mention she mentions too much of her past. Still, those things learn, and soon enough...
They might be in the hamlet already, biding their time

There is only one door here, other than the one you came through. The bounty hunter explains that leaving out THAT door causes this part of the dungeon to lock up, and it turns the area into a real breeding ground as it doesn't let in anything else. Not to mention, there are consequences to admitting defeat...
He also explains that all loot is to be gives to the general treasury, and that the mercenaries are given "allowances". The more and better they do, the more they can take. The basic payout per expedition is around a thousand, and if the heir decides you need some time off, you get some extra gold as well. Easy enough...
The hallway is quiet. Eerily so. You swaer you heard something slam against a cage of sorts, but there was nothing around...
The torch is growing a little dim. You should choose whether or not you'll light it, and if you'll take advantage of the silence to take a good look around the room.

Stats

Grave Robber
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items

Note that a full pack may attract... unwanted attention.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 26, 2018, 05:20:49 pm »

Best to light a new torch. Last time it let us ambush and destroy a group of skeletons before they could even strike. And I do not think our little party could handle being ambushed in turn, just yet...

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 26, 2018, 06:52:57 pm »

((Is it okay if my character has had experience with The Collector? It would certainly explain why I have Dismas's Head in a sack.))

Light the torch. Attempt to locate the source of the sound. If it is coming from one of the doors, stand behind said door and prepare to strike.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 07:51:00 pm by DolosusDoleus »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 26, 2018, 07:36:57 pm »

"SHHHH"

try to recognize where the sound came and if there is something hidden where we are before proceding
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: May 26, 2018, 10:05:23 pm »

*searches for loot*
This is obviously the trap loot, time for a pratfall!
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 27, 2018, 02:22:06 pm »

You all agree to light the torch up a little more, and spend one of the bundles for it. It's still not quite as bright as the start of the dungeon, but things cannot be called dim anymore. Of course, the decision to look for the mysterious sound now takes centre stage. The sound of a cage rattling is not something to be overlooked, to say the least, especially if one already knows of the horror well-known for it. The hallway is mercifully rather bare, and there doesn't seem to be anything of particular note. No creatures skulking in the darkness, or much of anything. An empty dresser, the nearly crumbles into dust when hit with a solid boot. You all even avoid the typical mistake of not looking up. There seems to be an old chandelier above you all, rusted and empty of any candles. This must be an ancient part of the mansion indeed. Or perhaps entrophy is just... faster, here.
After a bit more searching, you find nothing. The eerie still of the hallway leaves your nerves even more frayed, especially as the noblewoman steadily grows more terrified, looking around every which way, hoping to spot what might just try to kill her.
(+5 stress for the whole party. Don't put yourself on edge too much!)

The antiquarian, however, finally decides to close the book at long last and does what she does best. Looking around for anything that might be of use, regardless of the apparently emptiness of the hallway, proves to be a wise choice. At first, she finds nothing, until she suddenly notices a conspicuous lack of dust around one particular stone in the brickwork. Only the practised eyes of a true treasure hunter could have spotted this! (Antiquarian looting reroll successful)
A quick push, and a wall quickly opens up. Inside this old, mysterious room, you find an ancient casket, unopened for years. There is a keyhole on the side...
You can try opening it, but who knows what you'll find...

Stats

Grave Robber

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 27, 2018, 07:39:27 pm »

"Hm. Open it up, let's see what's inside."

Use the skeleton key on the ancient casket.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 216