Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185719 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2055 on: May 30, 2018, 03:56:42 pm »

"At last! A worthy foe!"

De-stun I guess? If I can take an action, hack at the giant skeleton again. I'll hit sooner or later.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: May 30, 2018, 06:52:22 pm »

The Abomination growls "These things are annoying me... noble-woman, please close your eyes for me."

Ia Ia! See how mister claws likes some of his own medicine.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: May 30, 2018, 08:20:12 pm »

"Pardon my reach...ohfuckIambleeding and... ARGH FUCK CLASS, TAKE A PICK TO THE FACE"

okay, next turn i will cure myself

Attack the grappling zombie, preferably some way I can free the antiquarian
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: May 30, 2018, 09:59:50 pm »

Ahem "gluaarguaagh"
Insert Kukri Y into face zed, rotate until an audible "click" is heard, then remove and reapply as necessary.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: May 31, 2018, 03:25:05 pm »

Egan_BW
Finding enough kindness in you to at least tell the noblewoman to avert her eyes, you decide to cut loose. The noblewoman was already closing her eyes and doing her best not to scream, mind you.  Your chains go taut, your arms grow out, and you make a generally uncivilised noise resembling a dog trying to say "die". You're barely even done transforming before you jump forward on all fours and try to slash the creature's belly open. Sadly, despite the breakneck speed, the ghoul is still faster. It dodges, if barely, and goes low. (roll=2) It almost mimics your posture, putting it's long, malformed claws on the floor to better balance itself. Is it mocking you? Getting tired? Who the hell knows?

omada
Clutching your wound for a second, you notice the antiquarian screaming in fear and pain. The freshly risen zombie, despite the fact that its guts are lying on the floor, managed to pin down the antiquarian. Considering that there's a lot of blood coming from the antiquarian, you're assuming it managed to get a good bite in, as well. Disregarding looking classy and fine, you decide that its probably better to be practical than to beautiful. You unclasp your pickaxe, and loop the iron around the zombie's neck. You pull the creature off with a powerful heave of strength, and throw it over your shoulder. Whether by accident or design, you manage to make the creature land head-first. Said head instantly explodes, as well, releasing a putrid mass of brain and blood. The smell is almost unbearable, but at least the creature is dead. That just leaves the ghoul... (Guaranteed action: freeing the antiquarian. Attack roll=4)

RAM
With the fortunate rescue from the graverobber, you are freed from that rotting menace. You don't have to fix the problem yourself, anymore, but...

The ghoul, on all fours, makes its move. With an almost unnatural speed, it unhooks one of the skulls it has on its necklace and throw it at the abomination at breakneck speed! Fortunately, the creature aims far too high, sending the skull clattering harmlessly against the ceiling, and leaving it unbalanced enough to be open to a counter-attack. Your claws enter the flesh, and even tear open a piece of its belly, but the wound isn't deep enough to faze the undead, for now. (Bleed applied! Will take damage in two turns.)
The antiquarian, taking advantage from being freed and having a distracted opponent, tries to hit the creature from behind. She hits, but her blade bounces off as she accidentally strikes the skull necklace. It cracked the old skull, if nothing else, but the ghoul doesn't even notice. (roll=2)

DolosusDoleus
Managing to pull yourself up, and putting your arm back in order, you attempt a blind swing at the creature. It doesn't even notice as your blade strikes the floor, leaving a crack. If only you could hit things... (roll=2)

Stats

Grave Robber
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items

Boy that was a round fulla nothing. Hey, at least you killed the fodder enemy!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:44:16 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: May 31, 2018, 03:29:58 pm »

"DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Lower the horns and gore the ghoul! Try to pin it to the wall.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: May 31, 2018, 03:44:35 pm »

Go low and stab ghoul from beneath.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: May 31, 2018, 04:04:56 pm »

Murder. The. Ghoul.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: May 31, 2018, 04:18:18 pm »

Guaranteed action: Take care of my bleeding before It ruins my clothes
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 01, 2018, 09:05:01 am »

Egan_BW
You manage to find some clarity in the raging torrent that is you beast form. Just enough mental strength to strangle something human through your twisted throat. Language. A beautiful thing, the clearest sign of sentience and intelligence.
Such a shame you wasted it on a scream of rage.
Of course, you don't particularly care about that. What you do care about is goring that undead monster until it turns into a plain old dead monster. You charge forward at full speed, and even manage to hit the ghoul. Sadly, you only managed to hit the creature's arm. The ghoul extended it, trying to catch your head with its palm, but it underestimated how much speed and power you were going to put in it. The wrist of the ghoul snaps back, and it yelps in pain. You'd be pretty pleased at the development, if it wasn't for the fact that you can't stop your speed enough to not hit the wall. Your head-based attack has some dangers... (roll=3)

RAM
Galvanized by the power of adrenaline and minor frustration at the ineffectiveness of your attack, you make use of the distraction to slide under the creature's legs and slam your kukri through the creature's ribcage! You were off by a little bit. You tear open the stomach, as well, causing some of the putrid guts to fall out like a torn open sack of potatoes. The green-yellow organs are riddled with maggots and actual, fullgrown flies. Sliding under this thing may not have been wise, considering you are now covered in these things. You missed the undead being's heart, as well, but at least you hurt it. (roll=5-1=4)
The smell is enough to make you vomit. You crawl away a little to do it where there isn't a rabid ghoul hoping to tear you to shreds.

DolosusDoleus
You are officially done with this thing's shit. With a running start, you leap into the air with more agility than you thought possible from your diseased, weary bones,  and put your full weight behind the next blow. Your blade is blunt, and cracked, but heavy. When you intend to kill, heavy counts for more. The ghoul's skull caves in entirely, sending blood and pus flying all around it. Your blow does not stop, and as the weight of it keeps on going, more and more of the ghoul splatters outwards. The bones splinter, and fly off into the rest of the body, causing more and more ruptures and bleedings. Your blade is not stopped at any point, and you bisect the creature vertically. Nearly everybody is covered in guts, with the exception of the noblewoman, who hid behind the bounty hunter, and the grave robber, who dodged as nimbly as she ever could.
The smell is beyond anything you had feared. The noblewoman proceeds to hurl up some slime, proving that she, indeed, didn't eat in a while.
You note yourself that you seriously pulled something with that stunt... You're going to be a lot slower for a bit. (SLOWED: You will always move last in combat for one battle) (roll=6)

omada
After applying the most focus you've ever done in your life to dodge the putrid rain fromt he ghoul, you decide to do something about your wound. You lift your shirt, and apply your old remedy against infection quite liberally. You end up giving the rest of the party a bit of show, but they have more pressing things to worry about, such as desperately trying to get the chunks of ghoul off themselves. With the infection taken care of, you open your pack and take out some adhesive bandages. You've got tons of these, and they were enchanted to cause nigh-instant clotting. It was the best thing you found when you robbed that witch doctor tomb that one time. Best part is, they're re-usable.
A wave of relief flows over you are you are happy to note that the only lasting damage from that is a tiny trickle of blood and a tear in your clothing. Both things you can fix in as little as two minutes.

Victory achieved!

The ghoul has no notable loot on it. It was practically naked, after all, where would it hide it? Not to mention, the smell of this thing is surely going to attract other monsters...
You COULD search the zombie, but is worth the risk?

Stats

Grave Robber

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items

Egan_BW
Unless specifically stated otherwise, I will assume you untransform yourself after a battle. Currently you're in a state where both are possible, choose what you would like to apply.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:06:46 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: June 01, 2018, 11:21:18 am »

”We should keep moving. Nothing to be had here.”

Keep moving onwards.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: June 01, 2018, 02:02:57 pm »

"Let's keep going, here guys, I bought this before coming, we deserve a drink after this, Book guy, YOU look that you will need one of these right now"

Vote to Keep going, apply "swig of the good stuff" on me and whoever desires

HMMM, my magical ring wasn't identified, I don't know if there is a purpose for that or it was just forgotten
Novice english wordsmith

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: June 01, 2018, 03:37:11 pm »

The Abomination does not transform, as the beast still senses danger. The smell of these guts also lends itself to a bestial aspect.

Dash ahead of the party, seeking to find a point where I can ambush monsters attracted by the stench.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: June 01, 2018, 05:37:55 pm »

I'll read up on ghoul bits, but only after scrubbing my hands thoroughly.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: June 02, 2018, 05:11:12 pm »

Ring of the unholy.
Turns the body of the bearer unholy. All things that affect the undead negatively are applied to the body of the wearer. No benefits are granted.

Some priests are spiteful indeed, but there are few that reach the point they would punish unwary grave robbers or desperate adventurers with a fate worse than death. There is something to be said about holy men that carry cursed artefacts, but that is clearly beyond you. Wearing the ring would be a permanent ordeal, unless one would find a paladin or found a desire to enter a church taking precedence over keeping a finger.

Hm. Seems like it was a good idea to not wear that thing, clearly. Makes one wonder what other cursed stuff is around... Well, the ring should be able to prove what is and isn't safe. But, that concludes "things that are of enough interest that you might want to remain in a room with ghoul chunks". The party gets ready to move on, except...

Egan_BW
Whether by insanity, or plain old bloodlust, you dash ahead of the party, looking for something to kill. The darkness is choking, and it covers you entirely as you go away from the torch. Alone with nothing but the shadows to keep you company, you are growing increasingly afraid, especially in your beast form. (Stress +15)
To make matters worse, your sense of smell is all that can protect you in this overwhelming darkness. The foul, sweet stench of rotting corpses is overpowering, until you smell something new. Something...
Every single hair on your body stands upright, your legs seem to fail, and your nose hurts as you realize that scent. It's wrong. Nothing should EVER smell like that, what manner of unearthly beast is...
You hear the crackling of something that could only be described as physical hatred from straight ahead. You see a glow as dark electricity begins to form under the origin of the scent that nearly knocked you down. What...
What HORROR is THAT!? (stress +20).
A walking mountain of flesh and sinew, with claws the size of an arm, teeth that could grind bone and metal with the ease as on would drink water. Three horrid mouths to hold those horrid little grinding, moving things. The magical flow beneath it finishes charging, and a lightning bolt hits you straight in the chest!
You are sent flying, your whole body feels injured. The wounds are spread out, your very soul feels weakened, as if it was shaken loose! What was that!? (+1 wound!)

Fortunately for the abomination, the party finally manages to catch up to her. The mere sight of that monster is a draining experience, the noblewoman's screaming only adding to the horrible SOUND that creature keeps making with its moving, gnashing and grinding TEETH. The stare of that creature remind everyone of their true purpose, to be feasted upon by creatures greater than them in body, mind and soul. (The antiquarian, leper and grave robber gain +20 stress!)
IT'S A DAMNED HORROR! The bounty hunter screams, actually sounding scared despite his stoicism. This is really, really bad!
The grave robber is glad she has a little fire in her belly for this one... (-15 stress)

The monster is the first to move, deceptively fast it steps forward and slams its claws downward against the biggest target. Against the odds, however, the leper manages to hop back, JUST out of range of the claws. He can feel the power in the move from the airflow alone, but that thing isn't the only one with strength! With a mighty heave of effort, pulled muscle or no, he swings the sword upwards across the chest and over one of the three heads of the creature. The left head is split in half, and falls off entirely. Despite this great blow...
It doesn't look nearly as fazed as it should. And you think you might have strained yourself a bit more. It'll take even longer for that slowdown to go away...
(Attack roll= 1, counter roll=6)

Stats

Grave Robber

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items

WHY WOULD YOU GO OFF ALONE IN A PLACE LIKE THIS!?
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 216