Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185739 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2010 on: May 23, 2018, 05:06:59 pm »

The abomination hums a cheerful little tune to herself as she checks over the remains for any usable loot.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 23, 2018, 06:21:24 pm »

Quietly recover my pickaxe and go for the loot

"hmmm sword guy, are you okay?"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 06:32:24 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 23, 2018, 06:28:18 pm »

"It is nothing, trust me. Worry not on me, but what lies ahead.""

Pull my sword free, then go over the big skellington for loot.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:02:48 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: May 23, 2018, 07:21:49 pm »

"Oh my. I never knew they could get so big. Whatever could have made it grow like that?"
Read up on the giant bone phenomena.

P.S.
 I don't "think" my character is doing this deliberately. It just sort of sipped out, and then I just wasn't able to put it back. I am going to need to stop typing now, everything is coming up innuendo, I am blaming my keyboard.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: May 23, 2018, 07:33:09 pm »

*waggles eyebrows*

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: May 23, 2018, 07:42:49 pm »

"The orientals has some weird blue pills that make something close enough, hehe"

I am having a hard time to not read "giant boner phenomena" I didn't understood exactly what you said in your P.S. but I have a feeling that I am not the only one thinking about improper stuff
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: May 23, 2018, 08:05:46 pm »

"You two are being immature. I'll never look at giant skeletons the same way again..." *shudder*

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: May 23, 2018, 08:35:32 pm »

"No problem in being a jester, it actually make this whole situation a bit less scary. hmmm... I was getting words to congratulate our friend in doing that great job of blowing that giant head... But I fear that if I talk something else our friend the torchbearer will douse the torch and leave us here to screw ourselves hehehe, okay let's pray to the next creature don't make me repent my jokes"

I swear I will stop it now
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:42:04 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: May 24, 2018, 04:24:24 pm »

To the victor goes the spoils, as you hastily start digging through the pockets and armor of the recently (re)deceased. The antiquarian is hard at work looking through her book, so she doesn't join the looting. You find a few things. The leper find 100 gold pieces, a paltry sum in this place. The grave robber, true to the name, robs an interesting little trinket. A ring of sorts, clearly enchanted with something. He puts it in her pocket, for now. The time for jewelry comes later, or perhaps not.
The abomination, however, only finds a trap. As she looks through the dead spearman, she discovers that the shoulderpad was covered in razors! A dangerous choice for anybody that would still have flesh, but apparently these skeletons don't find that bothersome. The crude, rusty blade does more than cut, of course, and soon she feels a distinct burning sensation. Poison? A disease?
What the devil did that thing just do!?
+10 stress, added debuff: (?)

The antiquarian finds a collection of notes about the undead denizens here. Apparently, the military rank they held in life reflects their current power. Or, to be more precise, just how much sway they held over life and death. This spearman was notably tougher than than an average undead peon would have been, for instance. There is something to be said for how strong they were before their resurrection, of course, but the more lives they affected, the bigger of a personality they were, the more they were known, the stronger and bigger an undead becomes. Some exceptional cases would be the flagbearers. Their ability to rally the living is even more effective against the dead, causing them to rise with more effectiveness than even a pseudo-lich could manage.
Pray you don't meet one of those.

Well, that's that. You all continue moving, keen on getting to the end of this hallway. Who knows what might lurk in this darkness. The torchlight is already dimming, those there is plenty left. The ancient door was locked, but it did not withstand a solid kick from the leper, the rotting would gave way, leaving the lock behind as the door itself completely collapses. In the middle of the room is an iron maiden, a horrifying box undoubtably filled with spikes. At least, you assume so. The box is currently sealed, and when you get closer you hear rapid, panicked breathing...
Apart from that, however, there is a small chapel in the back, filled with all sorts of goodies. Whether or not they are safe is another question.

Torchlight is currently at level 3, out of 4.
The bounty hunter says nothing.

Stats
Personal stats:
Grave Robber
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: May 24, 2018, 04:45:03 pm »

"Bah, if there's a problem my other form can deal with it. I don't think there are many things that she can't handle."

Well? Hurry up and open that fanciful torture device! Not like the things were ever actually used in the past. Either here for intimidation value or whoever's was in charge was incompetent.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: May 24, 2018, 05:24:50 pm »

I do a quick scan through the book for undead that are either not hostile to the living or more hostile to other undead. Whatever is in there is trapped here, where the undead reign. What sense is there in binding an ally?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: May 24, 2018, 06:12:04 pm »

Hey book guy, does your books says something about enchanted stuff?

Check the chapel for traps, if none, get the goodies, if I find something wait for the abomination to open the iron maiden and try to use the trap in my favor and activate it on the creature or something like that if possible
Novice english wordsmith

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: May 24, 2018, 06:32:13 pm »

”...”

Position myself next to the Iron Maiden, ready to strike down whatever comes out if it is hostile.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: May 24, 2018, 06:57:03 pm »

Hey book guy, does your books says something about enchanted stuff?

"Mmrnmhrm"
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: May 25, 2018, 05:02:57 pm »

RAM
You look through the book, trying to find anything that might just be of interest to you, or could be dangerous to the undead. It's not often one would find a sarcophagus filled with something, but here we are. You discover a note on a type of undead you have heard of before, but not in this shape. A ghoul. Mostly, these creatures are fairly small, if vicious little zombies, but the ones here are closer to stretched out abominations, capable of bringing madness with a sound, and the ability to tear somebody apart. At least they are fragile, compared to their size. Unfortunately, also intelligent. They even keep trophies.
But there's nothing on any kind of danger to the undead.

While the antiquarian reads through the book, frantic for yet more information, the grave robber does what she's known for. The chapel soon proves to be filled to the brim with useful items! You find two bottles of holy water, a valuable looking chalice, two rubies and a fat sack of gold, and even a little dagger with some diamonds studded in the hilt. It looks like one of those holy crosses, albeit with the llonger part removed and repurposed for daggerings. The balance is utter shit, and it's weight removes the usefulness of it being a dagger in the first place, but it feels enchanted. Holy, in some way. Maybe somebody else could use it better than you? You have much better knives at your disposal...
If nothing else, it'll sell. You also note your pack is completely full with all these items. You'll have to share if you find anything else. Or let them carry YOUR treasure, from another perspective.
Checking for traps also reveals nothing.

You also found a couple of things about enchanted items. An enchantment could literally be anything. It could vary from granting enhanced reflexes, to causing the person to change gender, or it might bind to them and provide a curse. The curse of greed is a common one, causes money to turn to dust in the person's hand. Other ones are the curse of nonsense, causing the person to lose the ability to speak sensibly. Or some worse ones. In these regions, one should be careful. Still, cursed items are rare, and very few are incurable. It might be worth the risk.
Meanwhile, the abomination and leper stand ready to open and kill, respectively. With the time taken to prepare the strike, the leper can't possibly miss (guaranteed action.). Scoffing about the existance of an iron maiden, the abomination opens the door.
To everybody's surprise, a woman starts screaming not to kill her. Without any kind of reason to do so, she seems normal enough, the leper does not swing. Because you're not stupid, however, you also tell her to stay where she is.

The woman, dressed in a very fancy-looking dress doesn't move much. A little, though, to get away from the spikes of the iron maiden. They look rusty, they must have seen some use. When you ask how this happened, she claims not to know a thing.
One moment I was sipping some wine with an older gentleman, the next I find myself in that damned... casket! I don't know how long it's been.
The bountyhunter adds his two cents: Sometimes, people just end up here. Kidnapped, or even teleported somehow. We had people carried to here that come from the eastern lands, of all places... Never seen a noblewoman before, though. If she sticks with me, she'll be as safe as I am, as long as she doesn't move a single muscle against those creatures.
Please... I just want to go home. her makeup is running down her face as her tears soil the hard work. She's clearly terrified.
What do you do with this woman?

Stats
Personal stats:
Grave Robber

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:06:46 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 216