Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 79962 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #255 on: January 08, 2017, 07:11:22 pm »

"You talking to me? Because I'm already doing that. After making our odds better."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 08, 2017, 07:12:24 pm »

(A floating eye follow the group

A.K.A: PTW)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 08, 2017, 08:31:38 pm »

"You talking to me? Because I'm already doing that. After making our odds better."

"Just making sure.  That got a bit rough back there."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2017, 02:38:54 pm »

((While I may be being completely useless and annoying other players and the GM, I'm actually having a ton of fun while doing it.  I don't need a long term plan when being completely reactionary is this enjoyable!))

Now that the shooting and screaming has died down, take a look outside my tree.  Then try and sneak close enough to steal one of the (armored) bodies, preferably without being seen.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)
((I'm not annoyed so much as I am literally just running out of ways to say "And then the man hid behind a tree". ))

[20]
You crawl out of behind  your tree and slither over to the nearest corpse, which happens to be the one that Bill killed with his first attack. You ease your way up to it and grab it by the shoulders. You're about to start dragging it back towards your hidey hole when the body jerks and lets out a sort of gurgling noise. The actual jerk and noise are quite small and quiet; the sort of thing that would go completely unnoticed by the others as they talk among themselves or run off in search of more things to shoot. What they do notice, however, is your reaction to the spasm. Because you, for lack of any better description, lose your fucking shit. I mean you go off like a startled cat with a megaphone. You jump several feet in the air, you scream incoherently, you run in terrified circles, you beat on the corpse with balled up fists while weeping, you cower and whimper and generally make a complete idiot of yourself in the most public and obvious way possible.

"AHA! Marcus has scared off the wizard! TOO SCARED, COWARDS?"

"You daft idiot! They would have shot you clear as day, what were you thinking?!"

"Ah! Er! Apologies! Marcus will try to be more careful."

"Hmfh."

"... Also! That bandit has some armor and a sword! Marcus needs his head, and perhaps you are a bit... underdressed?"

"Ew, no! He's probably never even heard of a bath."

"Alanna."

"...fine."

Scavenging ALL the bandits! Along with heads! If no shields, perhaps I can fashion a crude wood one out of the trap cart's remains.

Remember your sheets. And that you took an ax to the side so you've lost your HP and a bit of strength. If you wanna keep and use that ax, add it to the sheet as well.

[10]
You walk over to the wreckage and start gathering up the largest unbroken pieces of wood you can find. You search through them until you find a fairly large piece made by a wooden crossbar and several planks of wood. That found you go over to one of the corpses and steal its belt, threading it through the thin space between the crossbar and the planks and then forming a loop to strap to your forearm. The shield is far from what you could call professionally made and it clearly won't stop anywhere near as much damage as a nice, well constructed metal shield, but it should stop or at least hinder one good blow.

((this shield has 5 hp))

That done you start looting all the bodies. You gather up the goods one by one, dumping one corpse's loot in the path before moving on to the next. By the time you've finished the path contains the following.

4 suits of flimsy armor, one set was destroyed by the attack that killed the man.
3 bolt action rifles (d8)
2 clips of 6 rounds for the rifles.
1 bottle of flame syrup
3 small vials of vision fluid
1 bag of teeth
and a handful of metal acorns.

There's no way you could carry all of this on your own.

"Have your creature try to follow the wizard.  Lets all rest for a bit, and then continue on after."

Rest and regain HP
Ugh, this is a fucking mess this is. You dump the body onto the ground as Marcus comes to search through it and lay down against the nearest tree. You put your hand over the gash in your shoulder and groan as fresh pain radiates out through your chest and arm. You look down and realize you still have an iron nail embedded in your leg. This is great. This is perfect.  You lay your head against the tree and close your eyes.

Summon Tarantula. Send snakescorpion and Tarantula to chase and attack the wizard.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

You open up the grimoire and remove the last folded bundle of paper. You lay it out across the path and fit the key into place. As the final summon coalesces, the key grows warm in your hand and then begins to rapidly rust. It darkens and crumbles as you watch, collapsing into dust, as does the empty grimoire book itself. The creature that forms is a bit more ordinary than the ones that come before it; no odd amalgam of flesh or strange living material, just a tarantula that is normal in every respect except for its size. It looms large, with scuttling excitedly on legs as thick around as your own, fangs like pickax blades quivering on mandibles as big as your head. In your mind you feel it like a coiled spring; so much speed and force, so much pent up desire to strike, held tightly coiled and waiting.

"Dammit! They're getting away!"

Assuming that none of the party is currently downed, Chase after the wizard so I can kill him and take his delicious wizard juice. If people are still dying for some reason, help them instead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Hmm. My observation probably saved a couple lives, but at the cost of wasting my chance at a quick wizassination. Ho well. Thus goes the pursuit of truth.))

[20]

Gordon and the two magical beasts charge through the forest for several minutes, running at a dead sprint, but eventually they slow and then stop. There's no sign of the wizard or his man, no sign of anything really. Did they pass them? Or just not run fast enough and lose them? No...they definitely ran fast enough...they must have broken off the path and ran off into the woods somewhere. But where?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2017, 03:05:57 pm »

Funny story, I added the axe to the pre-retcon sheet.

"Alanna! How are you with guns?"

"... I've never even held-"

"Excellent! Take this rifle and the bullets! Also this set of armor and these potions!"

"... What do the potions do?"

"I DON'T KNOW! Marcus is sure you will fiind out! You are smart!"

"... these are hallucinogens."

"On second thought, maybe not the best thing for you."

Equip Alanna with a set of armor, also give her 1 rifle and both clips. I will take the flame syrup, the three potions and the... acorns?

"Also, Marcus is... woozy. Let me rest for a moment."

"Let me take a look, you big oaf."

"Oi! Marcus resembles that remark!"

Marcus also takes a rest. Alanna attempts first aid again.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 09, 2017, 03:15:11 pm »

(So I've regained the HP, I take it?  Is there anything else that can be done about my lost strength?
It's also totally appropriate that Beethro Budkin would have one hit point.)

"Hey, don't bogart all the potions, there's three of them."  "Same for the ammo, dammit, we shouldn't need it, but we're still fighting."

After recovering, look through the gear and take a rifle and one vial of vision fluid.  Examine the vision fluid and the bag of teeth.  Do I know what they're about?  Try to keep an eye out, I might have heard something.  Also, try to save the second clip of ammo for Beirus, even if Marcus wants to take it.

Lastly, make sure Egan's character's rested before the end of the turn.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 03:22:53 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 09, 2017, 03:51:28 pm »

"AAAHHHHHHHH!   DIEDIEDIEDIDIEDIEWHYAREN'TYOUDEAD!?!"

syv continues to wail and scream while beating the corpse's head in with his tire iron, and then collapses into a sobbing ball for about a minute.  Eventually, his sobs quiet down, and he looks around in wonder, amazed that he somehow didn't get killed.  Even better, apparently nobody noticed him!

I'll just grab whatever junk is on my corpse, or if it was looted while I was crying, stealthily sneak over to the loot pile and take some armor.  Also, a rifle.  Then retreat back to the safe non-explosive tree to put the armor on.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 09, 2017, 08:03:27 pm »

"This is going nowhere."

Return to the party and- just kinda fall over and rest, I guess. Play some music.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 09, 2017, 09:06:02 pm »

Have the summons return. Rest and recover HP
 If I can do so while resting, have the summons use their senses to try and detect the bandits, or at least act as a warning system if they circle back.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2017, 11:59:32 am »

Funny story, I added the axe to the pre-retcon sheet.

"Alanna! How are you with guns?"

"... I've never even held-"

"Excellent! Take this rifle and the bullets! Also this set of armor and these potions!"

"... What do the potions do?"

"I DON'T KNOW! Marcus is sure you will fiind out! You are smart!"

"... these are hallucinogens."

"On second thought, maybe not the best thing for you."

Equip Alanna with a set of armor, also give her 1 rifle and both clips. I will take the flame syrup, the three potions and the... acorns?

"Also, Marcus is... woozy. Let me rest for a moment."

"Let me take a look, you big oaf."

"Oi! Marcus resembles that remark!"

Marcus also takes a rest. Alanna attempts first aid again.

Marcus carefully equips Alanna, loading her up with armor, weapons and ammo before filling his own pockets with a few random objects. He makes sure not to put the acorns in the same pocket as the flame syrup. Accidently fracturing that bottle would be...unfortunate. Once the loot is distributed to his liking, he sits down on the side of the path and breathes deep. Good work has been done here today; all the dead bodies proves it. Even if that wizard sneaks away, his gang has been completely ruined and the mission to make the trade path safe was successful. Marcus rubs his head where his eyebrows used to be.  Of course, getting some money by bringing in the wizard's head would be preferable. You can't feed Alannas on good deeds.

Oh and you can't do first aid to heal strength damage. That requires a full rest or using up a first aid kit.

(So I've regained the HP, I take it?  Is there anything else that can be done about my lost strength?
It's also totally appropriate that Beethro Budkin would have one hit point.)

"Hey, don't bogart all the potions, there's three of them."  "Same for the ammo, dammit, we shouldn't need it, but we're still fighting."

After recovering, look through the gear and take a rifle and one vial of vision fluid.  Examine the vision fluid and the bag of teeth.  Do I know what they're about?  Try to keep an eye out, I might have heard something.  Also, try to save the second clip of ammo for Beirus, even if Marcus wants to take it.

Lastly, make sure Egan's character's rested before the end of the turn.

You grab one of the remaining rifles and after some fussing to figure out how the clip system and all the little hidden parts work, you find that it has 4 rounds left. Good enough. You sling it on your back and then pick up the bag of teeth. They're human teeth, thats for sure, some still have a bit of crusty dried blood on them.

Beethro's experiences have aquainted him with many odd things roll [7]

You're pretty sure that these have no special power, beyond being mildly disgusting. Probably just the trophies gathered by one of these now dead jerks. The vision fluid, for you recognize it as such, is a hallucinogen and probably just taken for fun by these boys. But it has its uses otherwise; namely for when you need to render a man insensible.

You yell at Marcus to give you an ammo clip and he tells you that Alannas need ammo. He brings up the fact that Alanna killed 1/3rd of the previous attacking force, all while unarmored and weilding a knife. And that she hasn't even been injured.  "Clearly Alanna is glorious warrior who should be showered with gifts."

"AAAHHHHHHHH!   DIEDIEDIEDIDIEDIEWHYAREN'TYOUDEAD!?!"

syv continues to wail and scream while beating the corpse's head in with his tire iron, and then collapses into a sobbing ball for about a minute.  Eventually, his sobs quiet down, and he looks around in wonder, amazed that he somehow didn't get killed.  Even better, apparently nobody noticed him!

I'll just grab whatever junk is on my corpse, or if it was looted while I was crying, stealthily sneak over to the loot pile and take some armor.  Also, a rifle.  Then retreat back to the safe non-explosive tree to put the armor on.

After you manage to compose yourself, you slink over to the pile of loot in the center of the path and very quietly drag off a set of flimsy armor and the last rifle. Once safely behind a tree You put the armored clothing on over your current clothing, despite the horrible still wet blood that it is practically soaked in. Protection is better than being clean or comfortable.  Once you have it on and have restrained your gag reflex, you careful examine the rifle. There are 6 rounds left in this one; a full load!  You hug it.   

Happiness is a long range weapon with which to stop people from touching you.

"This is going nowhere."

Return to the party and- just kinda fall over and rest, I guess. Play some music.

You ride the Tarantula back down the path and flop down onto the worn metal as soon as you reach the rest of the group. You dig through your pack and set the music box on the ground beside you after giving it a good winding up. Soft chiming music fills the still air around you, lulling you into a half sleep.

Have the summons return. Rest and recover HP
 If I can do so while resting, have the summons use their senses to try and detect the bandits, or at least act as a warning system if they circle back.

You sit down with your back against a tree and your summons join you, curling up next to you. You close your eyes and feel with the creature's senses; you don't try as hard as possible, you just sort of keep one mental eye on what they feel.Just in case the wizard and his gunman return. But they don't, and theres no sign of any aggressors around here, so you just focus on resting. You stay somewhere between asleep and awake.

Alright, everyone's HP is back to full, but your strength remains wherever it is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2017, 12:26:22 pm »

Alright. This time try to more carefully track the wizard. Also grab whatever loot hasn't already been gotten; at least I can sell it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2017, 01:24:20 pm »

"You also blew everyone up, and as such, shouldn't make decisions."

"Let's move out.  They came up to us from roughly that way, right?"

Head out behind the summons, and begin a search pattern for the wizard.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2017, 03:43:48 pm »

"I don't think I'll be needing two full clips anyway."

"Pfah. Marcus would bet otherwise. You will be great!"

"Give him a vial of drug trip too, dad."

"Why??"

"Because you'll be too busy whacking people on the head to throw bottles."

"This is true. very well."

Transfer a clip and a vial of Gaseous LSD to Beethro. Then, aid in the searching efforts!

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2017, 06:43:46 pm »

syv sighs in relief, finally feeling the warm sense of damp safety seep through his armor.  He huddles for several minutes, slightly buried underneath his tree and hugging his new rifle into his armor.  Eventually, however, a sound makes its way to his ears: a music box.  His eyes open wide and he carefully scurries out of his hole, heading towards the sound.

Sneak over near Gordon, staying silent.  Presumably he stops playing the music box while searching, but I'll follow him anyway.  While making sure to carefully choose the trees I use for cover, avoiding the more obviously explosive ones.  I've only disproved one tree's inherent volatility, after all.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2017, 11:31:26 am »

Bill seems to have fallen asleep.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 53