Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 79901 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2017, 04:43:36 pm »

((Sorry, thought I already posted a thing.))

Ride snakescorpion. Have Tarantula in front. Go double check the path that the bandits fled down, and use the senses of the summons to try to detect where the bandit leader went/is.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2017, 07:57:46 pm »

Alright. This time try to more carefully track the wizard. Also grab whatever loot hasn't already been gotten; at least I can sell it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You scoop up the two leftover sets of crude armor and stow them away in your bag. They take up a pretty good amount of space, even folded, due to the awkward chunks of metal throughout the fabric. None of these damn plates are even, they're all just big hunks of shrapnel crudely sewn in place. You wonder if you could sell them at all.

Tracking roll: [5]

The team follows behind Gordon as he carefully retraces his steps. The metal ground holds no footprints, no signs of disturbance of any kind. The path itself is only barely visible due to the passage of countless thousands of feet and wheels, a sort of worn and scratched up strip snaking between the trees. Tracking a pair of humans in this sort of hard and unchanging environment is difficult, especially since neither of them are injured. A nice trail of blood would make this child's play, but as it is Gordon is reliant mostly on guesswork and the assistance of the summoned beasts. After about 30 minutes of slowly making their way through the woods, being careful to keep their eyes open for traps, they find something: A tree with two cut marks in it.  Gordon runs up to the tree and slaps the two marks.

"Just like old splathead said! That must mean their camp is nearby. You think they ran back to it? "

Bill closes his eyes.

Use the force...Bill [8]

He reaches out with the senses of his monsters, focusing off into the forest. It's faint and quite distant, but he thinks he can make out both heat and movement to the right.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2017, 10:06:23 pm »

Be vewy  vewy quiet; I'm hunting wizzerds.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 02:11:22 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2017, 03:17:17 am »

Follow the instructions from the tracker who has spotted them

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2017, 10:30:04 pm »

Still stalking behind the team, rifle in hand.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2017, 10:48:05 pm »

Keep Tarantula in front and keep tracking that heat and movement, head that direction. Keep an eye out for traps.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2017, 10:52:25 pm »

Marcus stays mostly in frontish of everyone else, ready to defend the others.

Alanna stays near the rear, rifle ready.

It's time to hunt a wizard!

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2017, 01:14:30 pm »

Here's a question, because it changes how things go, are you guys tracking stealthily and trying to sneak up on the wizard or just trying to run right up on the guy and bumrush him?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 15, 2017, 02:09:13 pm »

I'm going to move as fast as possible until I think I'm near, and then sneak the remaining distance. If the rest of the party is going to bumrush, then split from them, and try to do the same thing as I tried the last fight, running into the fight from stealth and blasting him.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 15, 2017, 02:39:40 pm »

Sneaking.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 15, 2017, 03:59:23 pm »

We seem to have time, so I'm thinking sneaking, as it already took us several turns to catch up due to the need for rest and them getting away for a couple turns.  Sneaking, although my instincts are tingling about not doing the same thing twice, and we were all sneaky earlier.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:02:06 pm by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #282 on: January 15, 2017, 10:49:50 pm »

((So egan's thing here is to basically run towards them and then when he thinks he's nearby, to slow down. That sounds like a mind roll to me.  And because everyone is following him, I'm gonna assume they do the same thing, chasing him and slowing when he does. Hope he doesn't fuck up! Except of course for Sy. He'll stay 100 feet back at least.))

I'm going to move as fast as possible until I think I'm near, and then sneak the remaining distance. If the rest of the party is going to bumrush, then split from them, and try to do the same thing as I tried the last fight, running into the fight from stealth and blasting him.
Knowing when to hold'em, when to fold'em, and when to stop running like an idiot roll [15]
Uh oh. Well he's boned. But maybe Bill with his animal senses can hold off the rest?
Literal spider sense roll [8]
Man, Bill and his big brain is saving everyone these days. Well, almost everyone.

Gordon leads the group at a jog, shotgun cradled under one arm as he scans the trees and ground. The rest of the group follows behind, most keeping close but Alanna hangs a good 20 back, and Sy follows along as far back as physically possible. The tracking is remarkably easy; there are marks not only on the first tree but on several others along the way. It's a simple matter of moving from one mark to the other, in what is more or less a straight line. Gordon gets caught up in the excitement of it, running from one mark to the next with ever increasing glee. He slaps one with his free hand and runs forward in search of the next. The rest of the team is following close behind when Bill's spider suddenly stops and rears back, physically blocking them from continuing.  Gordon runs ahead, around the base of a particularly large tree, and finds himself at the edge of a clearing.   This clearing is small, really just the space between a few trees, maybe a hundred feet across. In it are a few tents made out of sheets of metal and stacked stones, not much more than crude shields against the more violent sorts of weather. There are stacked boxes scattered around as well, some broken open with their contents visible, others still closed; no doubt the stolen cargo from the caravans. Over by one stack of boxes, loading food into a sack, is the wizard and his last remaining gunman. 

"Oops."

[2][15]

The gunman drops his sack of food and takes a snap shot at Gordon, barely taking time to aim. The shot just barely clips Gordon, blowing a clean hole through his shirt and cutting shallowly into the skin around his ribs. The wizard pulls one of the bottles off his bandolier and hurls it towards Gordon, but it falls short and bursts into a wall of flame a few feet in front of him.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 15, 2017, 10:58:11 pm »

Keep an eye on the bandits with my summon senses. Circle around behind them and sneak attack the leader with both my summons and my sword

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2017, 11:03:24 pm »

((GIVEN THAT I'M IN CHARGE OF MY OWN CHARACTER SHEET, YOU MIGHT WANT TO SPECIFY HOW MUCH DAMAGE THAT JUST DID, LEST I DECIDE THAT IT WAS SIMPLY A VERY DRAMATIC MISS AND I'M TOTALLY UNHARMED.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53