Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 79945 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2017, 12:08:57 am »

Wait, so, did I die? Edit: not yet. :end edit

ALANNA NOOOOO

MARCUS WILL SAVE ALANNA. I WILL NOT FAIL AGAIN.

Alanna: Stop drop and roll?

Edit: I actually can't do any action at all this turn?? :end edit.

I will admit, I really did not at all remember any part of the rulesets this uses. I also was not motivated enough to download the pdf again. Why you gotta make things so complicated, man?

Edit post redownload of pdf: The shit? heavy armor doesn't let me move and attack? Why did I get that?? :end edit.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

Edit the billionth: This system seems really harsh. I think I've expressed my opinions on death in RTD's before. Random chance kicking me out of fun games is really shitty, you know?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:28:09 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 08, 2017, 12:17:49 am »

((PW, is summoning the tarantula something I can use my action for?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 08, 2017, 01:54:18 am »

Hey, should enemies be getting a morale check around now? I'm not sure how many of them there are, but I think we killed about half by now.

Fucking sprint up to the leader and unload two barrels of sweet love into his chest. Then keep running, away from the remaining rifleman. Trying to break line of sight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:15:08 am by Egan_BW »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #243 on: January 08, 2017, 02:01:20 am »

Wait, so, did I die? Edit: not yet. :end edit

ALANNA NOOOOO

MARCUS WILL SAVE ALANNA. I WILL NOT FAIL AGAIN.

Alanna: Stop drop and roll?

Edit: I actually can't do any action at all this turn?? :end edit.

I will admit, I really did not at all remember any part of the rulesets this uses. I also was not motivated enough to download the pdf again. Why you gotta make things so complicated, man?

Edit post redownload of pdf: The shit? heavy armor doesn't let me move and attack? Why did I get that?? :end edit.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

Edit the billionth: This system seems really harsh. I think I've expressed my opinions on death in RTD's before. Random chance kicking me out of fun games is really shitty, you know?
Hey man, I asked you if you wanted to put on heavy armor and it was stated before that heavy armor makes moving and attacking on the same turn impossible.

And yes, this system is very harsh but literally every RTD is based on random chance and there were several things you could have done to prevent this. Biggest one being actually reading the rules (come on, its like 5 pages or something and most of that is roll charts) and not charging blindly into bullets. 

The second biggest being a coordinated attack that didn't involve literally 40% of your fighting power sitting around doing nothing during that crucial first attack. If not for Bill and his summons this would have gone far far worse.   As it is the rest of the team can probably down the wizard and gunner this next turn if they don't get shit rolls or spend another turn doing nothing. And assuming someone drags alanna and Bill out of the fire in the next turn or two, they'll live and so will you.

((PW, is summoning the tarantula something I can use my action for?))
Yeah, that seems reasonable, but it will be your whole turn since it takes a bit.  The Tarantula can act on that turn though.

Hey, should enemies be getting a morale check around now? I'm not sure how many of them there are, but I think we killed about half by now.

Fucking sprint up to the leader and unload two barrels of sweet love into his chest. Then keep running, away from the remaining rifleman. Trying to break line of sight.

You're right, I'll do that now.

[15]
Uh oh!

Well, that morale roll failed which means these guys should have broke and ran instead of fighting back. Lets give them dex rolls to see if they make it away.
[4][6]

Yep, they both do.

Turn edit incoming

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #244 on: January 08, 2017, 02:09:01 am »

So there we are, all the badness at the end there is undone and the bandits have high tailed it into the woods. Thank you to Egan for pointing that out. I actually thought about it during the turn but I got interupted mid turn making and just forgot when I got back.

Please be careful in the future.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 08, 2017, 02:19:19 am »

"Dammit! They're getting away!"

Assuming that none of the party is currently downed, Chase after the wizard so I can kill him and take his delicious wizard juice. If people are still dying for some reason, help them instead.

((Hmm. My observation probably saved a couple lives, but at the cost of wasting my chance at a quick wizassination. Ho well. Thus goes the pursuit of truth.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2017, 02:32:33 am »

Assuming that none of the party is currently downed

I'm bleeding out and my daughter is on fire.

Hey man, I asked you if you wanted to put on heavy armor and it was stated before that heavy armor makes moving and attacking on the same turn impossible.

And yes, this system is very harsh but literally every RTD is based on random chance and there were several things you could have done to prevent this. Biggest one being actually reading the rules (come on, its like 5 pages or something and most of that is roll charts) and not charging blindly into bullets. 

The second biggest being a coordinated attack that didn't involve literally 40% of your fighting power sitting around doing nothing during that crucial first attack. If not for Bill and his summons this would have gone far far worse.   As it is the rest of the team can probably down the wizard and gunner this next turn if they don't get shit rolls or spend another turn doing nothing. And assuming someone drags alanna and Bill out of the fire in the next turn or two, they'll live and so will you.

I apologize for my whinyness. When things turn bad I get bitter really fast. And as far as co-ordinating the others goes, in my past experiences (Perplexicon) it's rather like herding cats. Vaguely plausible but practically very troublesome.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:37:21 am by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2017, 02:38:54 am »

Assuming that none of the party is currently downed

I'm bleeding out and my daughter is on fire.
Nah, check the turn. Egan reminded me of a roll I forgot to make for enemy morale and it resulted in the enemy running away rather than attacking. So while there are still some injuries around, the rather terrible end of that turn got retconned.

And thats fine, I understand. This system is pretty harsh and simple so death can come from a single mistake. In the future, keep in mind that by doing things like taking cover or otherwise acting in a way that gives you an advantage, you can hit harder and/or be hit less hard. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:40:42 am by piecewise »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2017, 02:41:21 am »

Summon Tarantula. Send snakescorpion and Tarantula to chase and attack the wizard.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:54:19 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2017, 02:50:07 am »

"AHA! Marcus has scared off the wizard! TOO SCARED, COWARDS?"

"You daft idiot! They would have shot you clear as day, what were you thinking?!"

"Ah! Er! Apologies! Marcus will try to be more careful."

"Hmfh."

"... Also! That bandit has some armor and a sword! Marcus needs his head, and perhaps you are a bit... underdressed?"

"Ew, no! He's probably never even heard of a bath."

"Alanna."

"...fine."

Scavenging ALL the bandits! Along with heads! If no shields, perhaps I can fashion a crude wood one out of the trap cart's remains.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2017, 03:02:36 am »

"The goal was to get the wizard, the wizard is running away, we need to keep after and kill the wizard."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 10:56:37 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 08, 2017, 12:07:50 pm »

((While I may be being completely useless and annoying other players and the GM, I'm actually having a ton of fun while doing it.  I don't need a long term plan when being completely reactionary is this enjoyable!))

Now that the shooting and screaming has died down, take a look outside my tree.  Then try and sneak close enough to steal one of the (armored) bodies, preferably without being seen.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2017, 01:31:22 pm »

((While I may be being completely useless and annoying other players and the GM, I'm actually having a ton of fun while doing it.  I don't need a long term plan when being completely reactionary is this enjoyable!))

((I'm thinking that if we pull it off, Beethro wants to cut you out of the payment))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 08, 2017, 05:10:24 pm »

"Have your creature try to follow the wizard.  Lets all rest for a bit, and then continue on after."

Rest and regain HP
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53