Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48898 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 2 discovers Coral
« Reply #210 on: May 17, 2016, 10:37:21 pm »

TDS: So, just to be clear, you're claiming to be The Completely Town-Beneficial Pro-Town Third Party.  Uh-huh.  Interesting.
Reasons for your actions, please.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2016, 06:15:34 am »

TDS: So, just to be clear, you're claiming to be The Completely Town-Beneficial Pro-Town Third Party.  Uh-huh.  Interesting.
Reasons for your actions, please.

I don't care who wins as long as someone does while there are few enough corrupted posts. However, there is currently one dead member of the scumteam, so they are obviously a lot weaker. Scum also appear to be the main people corrupting things while town do not.

If it was later in the game and if I had avoided claiming, it still would have been possible for me to side with the scumteam (messing up purified posts and changing corrupted posts after people die) but it's kind of impossible for me to do that now because it would be obvious. So yes, I've decided/been forced to be pro-town and my abilities appear to be more helpful to the town than the scum.

Night actions: Spiced up post 38, poured the flavor into the first seven quoted posts. I chose post 38 because there were lots of quoted posts in it and it was a likely scum target. I poured the post both to complete the spreading of color and to nullify corruption.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2016, 07:10:55 am »

Night actions: Spiced up post 38, poured the flavor into the first seven quoted posts. I chose post 38 because there were lots of quoted posts in it and it was a likely scum target. I poured the post both to complete the spreading of color and to nullify corruption.
N1 or N2?

Can you summarize your role flavor?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2016, 09:27:04 am »

The Vote Tally
TheDarkStar: BlackHeartKabal, Jack A T, Persus13

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2016, 12:55:31 pm »

Quick post while I'm writing something significant up:
Persus: Can you confirm for the record precisely whose actions altered your Post 32's colouration last night?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:55:51 am by Mephansteras »
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2016, 01:06:30 pm »

fillipk: Give details about your claim, please.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2016, 01:32:59 pm »

Heh.
What's Changed:
#28, 29, 32, 33, 34 no longer Tainted, now Coral-colour (orangeish, almost certainly tied to Firebrick).
#36 no longer Clear, now Coral-colour.
#38 no longer Firebrick-colour, now Normal
#180 (BHK) is now Corrupted

What, of Note, Didn't Change
#35 is still Corrupted
#116 (DA) is still Normal
Last night, TDS poured from 38 (normalizing it; removing the taint in 28, 29, 32, 33, and 34; and throwing his stuff in those posts and 36), DA purified 116, and I poured from it (turning it Normal again and purifying 28, 29, 32, 33, 34, turning them Coral).  We know who and what did every colour change last night except the corruption.

It's quite likely that we're dealing with only one more scum: it's a 9-person setup with a third party, and activity last night is consistent with only one hostile action.  Furthermore, we're dealing with scum that almost cannot nightkill: little firepower, and the town collectively has more healing power than there is damage being done by the scum.  Flabort was the more dangerous broad damage dealer, pretty clearly.

Unvote. I am doubtful that TDS is as benign as he says he is, but he's not the scum.

Claims:
*Deus Asmoth: Wellspring.  Basically confirmed, and has visibly acted separately from scum.
*Jack A T: Flowing River.  Close to confirmed, and has visibly acted separately from scum.
*TheDarkStar: The Third Party That Must Not Be Named.  Is the third party.

*BlackHeartKabal: Flowing River.  I back the reality of his claim (it's completely accurate to the role), but he has not visibly acted separately from scum yet.
*Persus13: Third Eye.  Cannot visibly act separately from scum, but with the number of Flowing Rivers and equivalents we have, we could sort out a test of the role.

*fillipk: Disciple of the Open Mind. No details.  Has not visibly acted separately from scum, it looks like.

*origamiscienceguy: Iron Will.  Non-detailed claim, for security? reasons.  Cannot visibly act separately from scum.

origamiscienceguy.  Is not confirmed and cannot be confirmed to not be the corrupter, is not even a safe role to test, did not help lynch flabort yesterday...there's nothing really standing against him being the corrupter.  Add his utter lack of value added to the daygame, and we've got our most likely scum, I think.

OSG: Your flavour, please, at least.  And your reads.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2016, 01:41:35 pm »

Here's my flavor. I'll do list later.

I am a Disciple of Iron Will. I am more resistant to corruption than most, and require # corrupted posts to be removed instead of 3.

(Censoring the true number since I don't want to give it away.)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2016, 04:11:07 pm »

N1 or N2?

I added the firebrick color n1 and poured it n2.

Can you summarize your role flavor?

I don't like the taste of the current Mindscape and want it to taste better. Corruption tastes terrible. If the Mindscape does not have a good flavor, I lose.

My reads:

(TheDarkStar - third party)

Jack - Pretty much confirmed town from a combination of daygame and night actions and voting.
Persus13 - Led a lynch on the scum. Highly likely to be town.
fillipk - Not all that active, but almost his entire day 2 game was attacking flabort. Probably town, but it might have been an attempt to bus his ally that went too far.
OSG - claims a town role that can't really be proven. Part of D1 mislynch.
BHK - sheeped the vote for Persus yesterday, sheeped the vote on me today. Part of D1 mislynch.

BHK: I'd like to know your reads and night actions.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2016, 04:20:45 pm »

Reads:
Jack: Strong town. With BHK claiming non-action last night it means he's basically confirmed as a Flowing River.
BHK: Probably town based off role match with Jack and flabort not sharing a rolename with town players, so unless they're both scum neither of them are.
TDS: Has claimed third party. With the apparent lack of power the scumteam has displayed thusfar I'm having a hard time believing he's a benevolent as claimed.
OSG: I'm honestly not buying him being scum at the moment, for whatever reason.
Persus: Iffy. Jack or BHK can arrange a test of some kind at least to verify his claim.
fillipk: did vote for flabort yesterday, also wasn't online for the last three days of that phase. Possible distancing vote that went awry when the wagon formed.

fillipk: what does your role actually do, since the only spread effects seem to be the Flowing River effect and TDS's ability?

TDS: what's the reasoning behind your power taking on different colours depending on the corruption status of the power if your power also removes corruption?

Jack: all I can say for sure about 116 is that I successfully targeted it. Presumably the last scum or TDS (or both) used powers to interfere with the purification.

BHK:
5. Yes, I also voted for you because the "I'm super important to the town, don't be suspicious of me" schtick annoys me. Does that irritate you?

My opinion of you has gone from a competent player to a Roo-tier vig magnet from that single sentence, an explanation why should be unnecessary.
Yeah, I'm going to ask you to explain it anyway. Unless four separate reasons for your play being awful for a town player somehow are outweighed by the fact that the playstyle is also a pet peeve of mine. But do educate me on why you wanted to vig kill the basically confirmed town player.

Your pot and kettle metaphor? Everyone's a pot, then. The first thing that came to your mind with my last few posts was the line of thought asking if you should ask me my role (It, and this entire related subject has gotten way larger than I thought, by the way). But you didn't. What reason would you have to not question my role (which has been a major part of my defensive case), unless you didn't want to-
Wait for it.
Draw attention to yourself?
Your mind reading powers are incredible, especially considering that as far as I was concerned, your role was and is utterly irrelevant. My issue was with your behaviour and how you were clearly a lot more concerned with your own survival than with actually doing anything useful for the town. So, nice strawman I guess?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2016, 04:24:56 pm »

Sure, all effects to my posts are more severe by one step, still reading will post tonight
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2016, 04:31:17 pm »

Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2016, 04:34:29 pm »

Deus: Not a bad set, but with fillipk's claim, I'd replace one of the posts with one of his.  Testing purposes.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2016, 04:36:50 pm »

Jack: all I can say for sure about 116 is that I successfully targeted it. Presumably the last scum or TDS (or both) used powers to interfere with the purification.
Deus: We figured out what happened already.  Meph sent me a clarificatory PM saying my power returns the target post to Normal.

I am a Disciple of Iron Will. I am more resistant to corruption than most, and require # corrupted posts to be removed instead of 3.
OSG: Format-accurate for town (though scum format may be quite similar), but very bland.  Hm.  I look forward to your read list.

fillipk: And your flavour?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2016, 04:47:46 pm »

BHK:
5. Yes, I also voted for you because the "I'm super important to the town, don't be suspicious of me" schtick annoys me. Does that irritate you?

My opinion of you has gone from a competent player to a Roo-tier vig magnet from that single sentence, an explanation why should be unnecessary.
Yeah, I'm going to ask you to explain it anyway. Unless four separate reasons for your play being awful for a town player somehow are outweighed by the fact that the playstyle is also a pet peeve of mine. But do educate me on why you wanted to vig kill the basically confirmed town player.
Because you irritate me. That's all the justification I need. And unless someone other than you would like to come forward with tips to my playstyle, then I'm going to what I think is just, and keep it up to spite you. If not for this being a mafia game, I'd start ignoring your posts too.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29