Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48727 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2016, 10:30:04 pm »

So what information did you gain from his response? Do you think it will be likely that that information will impact a decision you make later in the game?
I told you the info I gained from his response and it will affect my decisions, I believe I noted what I would do if Jack was scum and if he was town so I don't get why you are asking me these questions.

I'm not sure. Scum can probably die from their own corruption, but I'll post more theories when I get to the PC.

That mention of extra post statuses scares me. Considering how the game works and if corruption works the way I think, that's a pretty sexy setup for some sort of status based SK/Arsonist equivalent.
It was in the flavor, they are immune to their own corruption.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:42:52 am by Mephansteras »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2016, 10:02:02 pm »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2016, 12:50:37 pm »

The Vote Tally
fillipk: origamiscienceguy
Jack A T: fillipk
O.Wilde: BlackHeartKabal, flabort
origamiscienceguy: Deus Asmoth

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Today (about 5 hours). There are no more extensions remaining this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2016, 04:28:13 pm »

Okay I don't think we should lynch O.wilde, and I want to know why you guys do think that.

Right now I want to lynch, honestly I don't know nothing has really popped out at me as being scum, I just want people to post more
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2016, 04:31:45 pm »

So we're pretty much done discussing for today? We're happy lynching O. Wilde on the chance that he's a third party?
I am, personally, but I'd rather find scum.

flabort:
Persus When you ask your RQS questions, I want an answer from you for each of those questions.
Can you clarify this question? I already asked what few RVS questions I was going to ask.

Maybe you're corrupted, Jack. How do I know you aren't a mafia Disciple of the Open Mind, or a Disciple of the Flowing River, building up quotes to ignite everyone with your friends like some cobbled together patchwork arsonist?

Maybe you're a town Disciple of Iron Will, or a Disciple of the Polished Stone, building up quotes to bait the corrupters?
Those are possible town roles... what are you saying? This accusation makes no sense,
Town in Meph games can mean the collective group playing the game, not necessarily a particular alignment. The OP specifically refers to the alignment as Town-Aligned. The OP list of town roles is similar to Meph's Supernatural setups where its possible for both scum and town alignments to be roles listed in the OP. I'm assuming this game will be similar where its possible that the scum have at least one unique role among them, while the rest are scum versions of town roles.
For each RVS question you've asked, what is your own answer to those questions?

Ah. So a scum player could have a town role, based on precedent with this Mod. I guess that's possible.

r should absolutely never be handed out.

So you don't think RVS questions can yield useful analysis very often, is that right? I don't exactly agree with that, although I don't know what Paucity means. I do agree that the answers I've gotten so far (for any question, period) won't be very useful in finding fake-claims, but in theory the questions should have gotten some helpful answers.
flabort: There being a paucity of something: there's very little/too little of it.
What exactly would have been a helpful answer and why would asking someone to guess roles based on their public descriptions generate that?
I don't see it as unlikely.
Is this significantly more likely than the baseline likelihood?
I'm not sure. Something other than the answer(s) I got? Well, not entirely off of public descriptions, they have their own descriptions to work off of too.

Yes.

PPE:
Okay I don't think we should lynch O.wilde, and I want to know why you guys do think that.

Right now I want to lynch, honestly I don't know nothing has really popped out at me as being scum, I just want people to post more
A lynch is better than no lynch, at least for analysis if not anything else, so I'm not going to no-lynch. But if you think we should lynch someone else, what's a suggestion for the lynch and why?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2016, 06:15:09 pm »

The whole reason I haven't gone for someone else is it would tie the vote and make me look like scum because I have no proof that is better then the reasons we are lynching O.Wilde for.  I'm okay with his lynch even if it is for a bad reason because a lynch is better then no-lynch.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2016, 06:27:21 pm »

I don't think O'wilde or Fillipk are scum. I suppose I'll
Unvote

I don't have any better candidate than O'wilde, though, so I won't really try to stop it.

O'wilde, get in here and play a bit will you? It could save your neck.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2016, 07:29:34 pm »

The Vote Tally
Jack A T: fillipk
O.Wilde: BlackHeartKabal, flabort
origamiscienceguy: Deus Asmoth

A decision, of a sort, has been reached. Given no better alternatives, you decide to bar O.Wilde from the Mindscape. He sighs at your behavior, but leaves without resisting.

After he is gone, the elder's mind whispers into yours. "The echos are changed, but not for the better. He was not corrupt, no. And, unless I am mistaken, he was a Disciple of the Mindscape. He could have been useful. Pity."

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2016, 12:41:53 pm »

Ripples of change throughout the Mindscape. Ideas changed. Signs of corruption, and purity. And...something else?

You have much to discuss this day.

Day 2 has started. It will go until ~4pm Pacific Friday.
Come play Mafia with us!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2016, 03:57:03 pm »

I don't pay attention to this game for a bit and we lynch someone over some numbers? Seriously?

BlackheartKabal: why did you vote O. Wilde? Why were you willing to lynch him?

Quotes of posts are not affected apparently.

N1 Post Changes:
#28-29 by Jack A T are Tainted
#32 by Persus13 is Tainted
#33 by OSG is Tainted
#34 by Jack A T is Tainted
#35 by BhK is Corrupted
#36 by DA is Clear
#38 by flabort is some form of red shading

Of these its interesting to note the tainted posts are consecutive and all affected psots are from the beginning of the game. Does anyone know why post 38 is red?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2016, 04:03:59 pm »

I don't pay attention to this game for a bit and we lynch someone over some numbers? Seriously?

BlackheartKabal: why did you vote O. Wilde? Why were you willing to lynch him?

If he didn't want to get lynched, he shouldn't have taken an arbitrary action that could have been considered suspicious in a setup where all the roles aren't known. He also didn't explain as such. Add in his lack of activity, it's a good D1 lynch, the only bad thing being that he's town. It also appears that i'm not a doublevoter, so it's not purely my fault that O. Wilde got lynched. Are you that fond of flabort that you're overlooking his vote, or are you just tunneled on me?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2016, 04:07:55 pm »

Persus,why do you say that quotes of posts aren't affected when all the tainted posts contain a quote of Jack's first tainted post?

Spoiler: Example: (click to show/hide)

The only one that doesn't have a quote referencing that first post it this one:
EBWOP: That purple was meant to be blue.

Interestingly, the (presumably third party related) change to flabort's post hasn't spread despite being quoted.

Meph: do EBWOP's count as the same post for the purposes of corruption/purification?

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:05:38 pm by Mephansteras »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2016, 04:10:38 pm »

Meph: do EBWOP's count as the same post for the purposes of corruption/purification?

They do not.
Come play Mafia with us!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2016, 04:26:00 pm »

If he didn't want to get lynched, he shouldn't have taken an arbitrary action that could have been considered suspicious in a setup where all the roles aren't known. He also didn't explain as such. Add in his lack of activity, it's a good D1 lynch, the only bad thing being that he's town. It also appears that i'm not a doublevoter, so it's not purely my fault that O. Wilde got lynched. Are you that fond of flabort that you're overlooking his vote, or are you just tunneled on me?
I'm assuming by the fact that he was playing the game, he didn't want to get lynched. He explained his action as him messing around in RVS to provoke a reaction. Why is that a bad idea? Especially since while we are in a closed setup, what we do know involves post colors, not random numbers in posts. Why should the D1 lynch be of someone lacking activity? How does that help us? Finally, why are you trying to deflect me onto flabort instead of yourself? Do you think I didn't notice he was on the lynch? And why are you twisting my focusing on you into either buddying with flabort or tunneling you?

Persus, why do you say that quotes of posts aren't affected when all the tainted posts contain a quote of Jack's first tainted post?
Because I saw that quotes weren't green in the green posts. I didn't look into it enough to notice what you had. However, does this carry over for BHK's corrupted post? Why is filipk's post 47 not corrupted since that also contains a quote from Jack? What about flabort's red post? It quotes Jack too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2016, 04:38:48 pm »

If I was to guess, I'd say that it's operating under a similar premise as the other game Meph ran that featured post corruption, where there was a chance of posts being corrupted if they were quoting certain players, but in this case it's posts targeted by corrupting powers rather than being tied to certain players.

This does mean that there were at least three corrupting powers used last night though; Jack's first post, Jack's edit and BHK's post. The implication being that scum can either target multiple posts or have more than one action at night (assuming that the opening flavour is accurate).
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29