Twice Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, waiting on combatants
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Perplexicon Apocalypse: TV's best Perplexicon show! Turn 9: Empty Waitlist  (Read 26462 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon Apocalypse: TV's best Perplexicon show!
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2016, 03:00:51 am »

Cool.
One wheel short of a wagon

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2016, 03:35:22 am »

(( Wizard WWE  :D ))
That is the least efective curse I have seen. Yor treacherous powers fail you, as they do for all of your foul kin.
Don't give him another chance to speak, snap Thrakor neck
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:45:13 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2016, 06:01:54 am »

Run to the bottom stairs and hang there. Get behind Owain, who will hopefully murder that creepy guy if he tries to kill me again.

Say 4-word science separately.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2016, 07:20:38 am »

Hey Flabort, I noticed that the first word of page 2 is simply gold. Is that intentional? Like, did someone's science result in the word being translated? Or does you gold word mean something that isn't gold?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2016, 10:21:23 am »

Hey Flabort, I noticed that the first word of page 2 is simply gold. Is that intentional? Like, did someone's science result in the word being translated? Or does you gold word mean something that isn't gold?

It's intentional, apparently.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2016, 10:37:59 am »

So how many words can you say at once again? Not sure if I understand that mechanic...
One wheel short of a wagon

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2016, 11:12:11 am »

((This sounds like something that might result in a tough oponent further on. Non-Agression it is. I bet that I can squish more than you do.))
((Challenge accepted!))

Bash Thrakor's head against the floor. Hard.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2016, 12:41:26 pm »

So how many words can you say at once again? Not sure if I understand that mechanic...

Pool determines the max you can say. Yours is 3 so you can use three words at once max. Out of combat, you regain all of your pool each turn. In combat, it depends on your Regeneration stat. Immagine the pool like a stat that determines your max mana, and regeneration as mana regeneration. Each word costs one mana to say. So if you use all of your mana and your regeneration can't restore you to max, you will have less mana to use next turn.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2016, 01:12:56 pm »

Disappointed in the results of the last spell, Robert began to search the book for new ones. Trails of gibberish flashed before his eyes when suddenly, one word stuck out. It was in English...

gold

Was it really english though? Perhaps it had a different meaning in this book... Either way, there was only one way to know for sure.

Robert recites the word he saw in the book. Then assuming it materializes as any sort of physical object, pick it up and throw it at Thrackor's head.

((In case you can't tell, I'm saying the word gold. No need for PMs))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2016, 01:41:20 pm »

"My eyes! Why does it have to be my eyes!?"

More words. This time - a two word spell and a single word.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2016, 04:09:14 pm »

Making turn, no more changing actions. If this takes too long, I will also participate in a Mario Kart 8 tournament, so hoping I get this done sooner than the tourny starts.

Edit: Timezones. He said 5:00, it's in 20 minutes not 140 like I thought.

1/4 done.

Edit: Tourny is done, getting back to work. Did a couple people's turns between races.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:37:07 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2016, 06:11:24 pm »

Turn 2

Johnsmith will walk over to the southern part of the bottom floor and will say two different words, individually.
enter guard stance defend Ally's.
Run to the bottom stairs and hang there. Get behind Owain, who will hopefully murder that creepy guy if he tries to kill me again.

Say 4-word science separately.

(Owain Speed: 5)
(David speed: 3-1
(Johnsmith speed: 5+1)

The group of Owain, David, and Johnsmith is more or less unacosted as they head south, and Johnsmith says his words.
(Johnsmith Potential: 4+1)
A pale white cloud apears and takes the shape of a soup spoon, then dissipates.
(Johnsmith Potential: 4)
Johnsmith feels a tingling like a phantom limb or a connection to something in the air in front of him.

Owain takes up a gaurd position, but nobody attacks them.
And David says some science.
(David Potential: 6+2)
Nothing happens.
(David Potential: 1+2)
David has visions of a land of skulls and blood. There is a powerful figure there, but anything else is unclear.
(David Potential: 6+2)
Some pale white smoke appears, formless, and with a flash turns into a giant lump of twitching flesh. Gross!
(David Potential: 4+3)
David's right arm tingles.

"Pack mentality, folks. It could save your life! As long as there's a threat to it in the first place."

Three words, aimed at the same target as last turn.
Point at crotch of blue who is standing near and just attacked me. Say PM'd (3) words.
(John Dee speed: 6+1)
(Fred Johnes speed: 2+1)

(John Dee potential: 5+2)
(Fred Jones Dodge: 6)
John points, and a cloud appears, ignites into fire, and takes the shape of a soaring pixilated bird! The voxel pheonix soars towards Fred, who throws himself onto the ground, avoiding being burned.
But the bird swoops around and tries to attack again!
(Voxel Pheonix Aim: 4)
(Fred Jones Dodge: 4-1)
(Fred endurance: 1-1)
The bird clips Fred's arm, burning it very badly, and consuming the bird's wing, causing it to fall over and flop on the ground, where it chirps indignately.
(Burned: -2 to actions involving harmed limb)

(Fred Jones Potential: 6+1)
Some pale white smoke appears, splits in two, and expands a bit into two five-fingered forms. They look like very detailed hobo gloves that have been torn and patched a few times, and have the addition of metal writing quills on the finger tip; the kind you need to dip in ink. Even these seem bent and dented and broken. The smoke disipates without manifesting anything.

"We've got a summon! Fire isn't a very good material to make a summon out of, because it's quite fragile, but you can see just how badly the contestant was hurt there!"

More words. This time - a two word spell and a single word.
(Steve Speed: 5+1)

(Steve potential: 5+1)
Some of the vines above Steve's head start luminessing in response to his spell. They don't stop.
(Steve Potential: 6+1)
Steve's left hand goes kinda numb.

"Are the cameras in this room working yet? Seems like they aren't."

Run.  Run straight up.  Don't stop for anything; just go up until there is no more up.
Bash Thrakor's head against the floor. Hard.
Robert recites the word he saw in the book. Then assuming it materializes as any sort of physical object, pick it up and throw it at Thrackor's head.
Don't give him another chance to speak, snap Thrakor neck
(Thrakor Speed: 6+1-1)
(Corky Moran speed: 6+1)
(Robert Speed: 2)
(Khaziraad speed: 4+1)

(Corky strength: 2+2)
(Thrakor Dodge: 1-1-3)
(Thrakor Endurance: 2-1)
Corky manages to smash Thrakor's head without any resistance. The head bursts open, spilling stuff all over.
A glowing wisp of energy flows from Thrakor's chest to Corky's chest.

"FATALITY! The wizard didn't even get to escape. Perhaps we'll see him again soon though?"

Seeing as Thrakor's head is already bashed in, Khaziraad doesn't get the chance to snap his neck.

(Robert Potential: 5+2)
(Robert Dodge: 4)
(Robert Endurance: 5-1)
Robert summons a large pale white cloud, which with a small flash turns into a pile of gold ingots which rain down on top of him.
He manages to dodge most of them, but one gets his (roll: 1) head, though it only tears off his ear.

He doesn't throw anything at Thrakor, though, because it's already a corpse.

"The interesting thing about that word, is it's exactly what it claims to be. Our producers actually made use of this spell to fund *static* and this show! Remember, Perplexicon Apocalypse is brought to you by our sponsor, the word 'Gold'!"

Thrakor is dead
A spot in the waitlist is reserved for Toaster.
Tophat, you gain a stat point.
Dr. Daniel Wilde spawns in the left part of the portal room.

The Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hawk132. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: heydude6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DreamerGhost (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:13:02 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon Apocalypse: TV's best Perplexicon show! Turn 2: WWE Wizards
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2016, 06:30:31 pm »

Three words, same target.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2016, 06:37:40 pm »

"Should we go upstairs? It's getting hostile down here, courtesy of the Inquisition or whatever those guys are..."

If Whisperling(David) and ATH(Owain) agree with this, Johnsmith will head up the nearest stairs. In either case(going upstairs or not), he will afterwards say a PM'd two word phrase.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2016, 06:42:14 pm »

Owain nods.
Follow johnsmith!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18