Twice Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, waiting on combatants
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Perplexicon Apocalypse: TV's best Perplexicon show! Turn 9: Empty Waitlist  (Read 26471 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon Apocalypse: TV's best Perplexicon show!
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2016, 08:53:28 am »

"why did you join? "
"Magic! Treasure! And, most of all, fun! And hopefully I'll be able to kill some bad guys too!"
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2016, 08:57:04 am »

Owain frowns brow furrowing and in a actually angry tone.
"I joined so I could save an entire world and billions of people from dying horrific deaths!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2016, 08:58:47 am »

Owain frowns brow furrowing and in a actually angry tone.
"I joined so I could save an entire world and billions of people from dying horrific deaths!"
"That's certainly a much better reason. I presume you intend to take the 100 souls and use the incredible power from that to save your world?"
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2016, 09:01:47 am »

"yeah that's the gist of it though I will have some friends to help me I mean we succeeded in the alternative timeline now I just need to fix the one I'm from because if we can save one we can save our tottaled one but I'll kinda need this power since I'm going to be facing a fell dragon God."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2016, 09:37:57 am »

"yeah that's the gist of it though I will have some friends to help me I mean we succeeded in the alternative timeline now I just need to fix the one I'm from because if we can save one we can save our tottaled one but I'll kinda need this power since I'm going to be facing a fell dragon God."
"Heh. Well, I wish you good luck. But that doesn't mean I'm going to just let you kill me- I'm selfish like that."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2016, 09:40:04 am »

"I think I'll just punch you and stop since in my world I've never been able to stop a attack when it's started so I guess I'll punch you and we'll team up?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2016, 09:42:42 am »

"I think I'll just punch you and stop since in my world I've never been able to stop a attack when it's started so I guess I'll punch you and we'll team up?"
"Maybe. We'll see. If your punch doesn't kill me, and my spell doesn't kill you, then sure, we can team up."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2016, 09:44:24 am »

"Shouldn't be a problem I'm pretty tough I've fought a lot and am technically a swordmaster I've killed a lot of enemies. "

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2016, 10:05:57 am »

Ignore everyone and go up the closest set of stairs. Say three separate words that I'm going to PM shortly.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2016, 10:28:38 am »

"Maybe. We'll see. If your punch doesn't kill me, and my spell doesn't kill you, then sure, we can team up."

"That's, um, an interesting perspective."

"Assuming I'm still teamed with Owain, I guess we could be an, er- possibly-trio?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2016, 01:29:06 pm »

"That's, um, an interesting perspective."

"Assuming I'm still teamed with Owain, I guess we could be an, er- possibly-trio?"

"Yeah sure! How about we introduce ourselves! I'm Johnsmith! Pleased to meet you!"

((Wow. I think this game is the first time I've played a happy-go-lucky or otherwise "jolly" character. And wow, that's all I have to say.))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2016, 03:48:19 pm »

Charge Thrakor whilst he's distracted and smash him to the ground.
(DreamerGhost - fancy teaming up on the squishy wizards before they find enough words to make us obsolete? A Non-Agression agreement, at least?)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2016, 03:52:01 pm »

(DreamerGhost - fancy teaming up on the squishy wizards before they find enough words to make us obsolete? A Non-Agression agreement, at least?)

((This sounds like something that might result in a tough oponent further on. Non-Agression it is. I bet that I can squish more than you do.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2016, 05:25:39 pm »

Making turn, time to change actions over.

Fixed, I think.
OK, you removed the negatives, but now you still have too many points.
It's 5 positive and 0 negative, OR 6 positive and 1 negative; you currently have 8 positive and 1 negative.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2016, 07:08:04 pm »

Turn 1
Say two random words from p1 at red @.
Point dramatically into the centre of the room and say the 3 words

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then hustle up to the Northwest stairs.
(John Dee speed: 2+1)
(Fred Jones speed: 4+1)

(Fred Potential: 6+1)
Purple smoke spurts from Fred's fingertips, and start to draw a shape in the air over the portal. First it splits into two parrellel lines, then flows forwards into a long path, with some twists and turns; the lines seem to keep equal distance from eachother the whole ways. After the lines circle through the whole room, tentacle shapes arise from the two lines, grasping at eachother to create cross-bars like a railway. Except that each slat of tentacles blinks menacingly at everyone, before the smoke disapates.

(John Potential: 3+2)
Some pale white smoke appears in front of John, spliting into two blobs that take on somewhat hand-like shapes; no, not hands, gloves, they look hollow, and torn into shreds. The smoke dissipates after a moment.

"We've got exciting things taking place right off the bat, folks! Neither caster has found an offensive spell yet, but you've got to admit that was a spectacular display! I'd definitely fear a train that rode on rails like THAT!"
Johnsmith says two(definitely PM'd) words, as a phrase, while pointing and looking at Owain, then runs to the north section of the spawn room. Maybe up the stairs if he has time.
attack the generic mook with my heroic hands. (( johnsmith))he's clearly evil!
(Owain Dark speed: 6)
(Johnsmith Speed: 1+1)

(Owain Strength: 6+2)
(Johnsmith dodge: 4+1)
Owain throws a mighty punch at Johnsmith, but Johnsmith steps back... far enough for the punch to turn into a mighty slap across the face, sending Johnsmith staggering.
(Stunned! -2 to dodge for 1 turn)

(Johnsmith Potential: 6+1)
A pale white smoke appears and shifts about formlessly for a bit, then with a soft flash of light turns into a pile of a yellowish material; it hits the floor with a *clang*, and breaks in half, sending flecks of material up into the air. It looks pourous like styrofoam, but the way it shimmers is more reminisent of gold. There is quite a bunch of it, too.

"The first genuine attack of the season, looks like it almost fell short, ladies and gents. Owain was able to adjust enough to still hit his opponent, but it didn't have his desired effect! It was enough that I don't think Johnsmith will be avoiding that again."

Do 4-word (separately) science. Or, if someone attacks me, 2-word guess indicating/facing their direction as best I can. Edge towards Owain.

Grin at David and say two words

"Yboleth DEMANDS A SACRIFICE!!!"

(David Speed: 6-1)
(Robert speed: 6)

(Robert Potential: 3+2)
Robert summons some pale white smoke, which forms a shape of a shirt; the shape then distorts, and expands into more of a rounded jacket, before disipating.

This doesn't seem terribly threatening to David, who does his science.
(David potential: 5+3)
Pale white smoke appears, and with a soft flash turns into a roughly blocky lump of styrofoam.
(David potential: 3+3)
Some more pale white smoke appears, flashes, and turns into a small gold ingot.
(David potential: 3+2)
The smoke that appears is more of a blue color, and crackles with energy, before turning into a small plate of glowing blue metal. lines of green energy form strange circutry on it's surface.
(David potential: 6+2)
(David Will: 6+2)
Rather than summoning smoke, something else happens when David says his last word. His eyelids close upwards, and underneath those lids some strange new eyelids open, revealing freaky purple eyes. Traces of purple energy run from his eyes across his body, and his body starts moving of it's own accord. His breath quickens, and he starts to fight against it, and manages to blink. When his eyes open again, they are his own eyes.

"Whoah! That was a close one for David! Possession is not an easy thing to fight off, especially an uncontrolled possession like that. We've got him back, though."
Look and point at the wall that dude attacking me and say Word and then Word.
Grab Thrakor's head an introduce it to the floor. Repeatedly.
(Thrakor speed: 2+1)
(Khaziraad speed: 4+1)
(Corky Moran speed: 3+1)

(Khaziraad Strength: 1+3)
(Thrakor Dodge: 2)
(Thrakor Strength: 3-1)
Thrakor compeletely fails to get out of the way of Khaziraad's charge, and though he struggles to be slammed into the ground, he is pushed over and his head bounces off the stone floor a couple times.
(Badly Stunned! -2 to Dodge for 2 turns!)

(Corky Strength: 1+2)
(Thrakor Dodge: 3-1-2)
Corky then does a drop-slam and pushes his elbow into Thrakor's gut, causing him to upchuck his last meal through Khaziraad's fingers.
(Sick! -1 to all actions for 1 turn!)

Thrakor manages to point at Khaziraad, and say a couple words.
(Thrakor Potential: 4-1)
(Khaziraad will: 2)
Khazirad's features soften, becoming younger. His hair becomes bouncy and soft, even "cute" if the term could be applied, and very fluffy.
(Thrakor Potential: 3-1)
Some pale white smoke appears, and takes a kinda tallish branched squarish shape before dissipating. It wasn't terribly clear what it was supposed to be. Perhaps if Thrakor weren't choking on vomit when he said the word, it would have been properly clear.

"A brutal team-up by two contestants, can our wizard survive long enough to fight them off, or is he out of luck?!"
Ignore everyone and go up the closest set of stairs. Say three separate words that I'm going to PM shortly.
(Steve speed: 6+1)

Steve ascends into Jungle room. A nearby parrot squeaks at him, and he can only barely see where the stairs in the opposite corner are past the brambles and vines.

He says his words.

(Steve Potential: 2+1)
It's hard to tell in this particular room, but a few new sprouts spring out of the dirt nearby.
(Steve Potential: 3+1)
Steve feels something in the air above him.
(Steve potential: 6+1)
Steve's hands glow very brightly. So bright, in fact, that he is momentarily blinded.
(Stunned! -2 to dodge for 1 turn)

"Sorry viewers, we're experiencing some technical difficulties with our cameras. Overload, you see."
The Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Statuses
Spoiler: Hawk132. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: heydude6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DreamerGhost (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:11:52 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18