Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 45059 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Season 1 Qualification: Heidelberg University vs. Sydney School of Mechanized Warfare

Hello and Welcome back to the new Season of Tankery! I am Lara Lombardy your commentator and with me is Major Friedrich von Richter giving us input as a professional.

Hello.

This Season will prove to be very exciting we see a lot of new faces on the field. The Opening Match will be fought by the German Heidelberg University against the Australians from the Sydney School of Mechanized Warfare. Friedrich i wasn't even aware that the Australians had a school of Mechanized Warfare?

Indeed they do, and they certainly should not be underestimated. While Australia isn't exactly known for producing its own models they have brought a variety of tanks to the field today. But yes  while the SSMW isn't well known to outsiders, among experts it ranks among the top school in tankery, right between India and Somalia!

Wait...what? Somal-

Spoiler:  The Map (click to show/hide)

What we are seeing here today is Desert and Steppe Terrain in the Singling Arena in Central China.

Watch out for the Heat folks!

Indeed Lara. Driving at constant High Speeds may cause engine failures but some tanks are especially ill-suited for such pursuits and should drive very carefully. Additionally the town itself will prove for hard fighting as tanks need to get close and personal to be able to hit and see each other.

What about the Hills to the right?

Well Lara usually Hills provide better sight and greater range but this time they won't be of much help seeing as a tank driving through the town could safely hide behind buildings to avoid shells.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

So... How are we doing it?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Tankery 2, lets bring this madness back! 5 Schools participating
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2016, 02:26:32 pm »

Will finish later
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Kashyyk: you send me orders via pm which i will resolve and then post the turn update here. Unless you and Taricus want to do the Match over IRC then we can do that there.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Okay. I'm up for IRC if Taricus is, but i'll send you some orders shortly anyway.

Could we get a map key off of you as well?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

NOTE: I can't find the Tiger or the Stuart on the tank list. Intended?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Tankery 2, lets bring this madness back! 2 Schools participating
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2016, 04:31:35 pm »

Are we limited to one specific side's tanks (As in, Allies or Axis) or can we mix and match?

EDIT: Nevermind, just looked at Stirks sheet and saw we can. Different question: Shouldn't there be more American tanks? I'm sure there was more than just the Sherman.

Available are only Tanks from World War II because otherwise we end up with a gazillion of them. Initially you will have relatively (RELATIVELY) few options to choose from...thats still around twenty tanks or so. As the Game progresses more and more tanks become available for exceedingly prohibitive costs.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

((Whoops Ghaz. I thought skills were meant to be given priorities like that, or something. I will gladly take awesome random crew.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm cool with IRC. Just name a time and place.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Hmm. My money is on Heidelberg for this one. The Stridsvagns seem to be out armored and out gunned here, and will lose quickly in a head-on fight at any range, same thing for the Crusader. Heidelberg's tanks should easily be capable of pulling victory if they manage to fight head-on.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

The Crusader is also noted to do poorly in desert areas, so the Sydney school is effectively a tank down.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

The Crusader is also noted to do poorly in desert areas, so the Sydney school is effectively a tank down.

Hmm, I don't think it is a "One Tank Down" issue, after all the Crusader was deployed in Africa, but it does leave that vehicle at a disadvantage. If anything, I would say this overall map is a wash with no real favor to one side. The open areas (and desert) generally favor Heidelberg, who can pierce most enemy armor at even max range with most of their tanks. The town, however, gives Sydney a chance to get close to and potentially outmaneuver their enemies, hitting in the sides/back where their guns can pierce.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though there's the fact that two of heidelberg's tanks have ineffective gunners, where all mine have atleast moderately effective gunners (Except for the crusader). That, and it's only going to be an easy win if they get the chance to fight at long range. I get in close, and they're going to have a hell of a time.

Good thing that town is there ;)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I shouldhave kept some of my school budget to gamble with.

On another note, not that it will be useful, but can the BT-8 do the wheel conversion thing?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Will IFVs ever be a thing?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45