Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295619 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #480 on: February 21, 2016, 10:25:32 am »

ENJOY YOUR STAY AT HELLMOUTH VILLAGE, HUGE WAVE OF FEAR IS ON THE HOUSE

Dahak screams as he run away as fast as his bony legs allow him.

Ack! What the hell was that? Visions of old men, strange flying demony things going around mind controlling everyone in the most rude manner possible, interrupted leitmotiv, respawning corruptors and human monster hunting parties all at the same time!

Dahak then realizes, as he runs away, that he's in rather fragile situation. Physically weakened and with his magic exhausted, he need to find a way to ~rest~. "How do skeletons even rest?" he ponders.

Then a drifiting though hits him like a flying cow caught in a hurricane. The graveyard! He rose up from it initially and didn't even investigate it, not only does it probably have some clues about himself, but it also probably more then a few tombs to hide and maybe rest in. Considering his earlier aquaintances, whatever survives from that tussle will probably come after him after being hit in the face with the scariest creepypasta ever.

Run back to the graveyard you initially rose up from and try to investigate it for clues and a place to hide and rest in. Try to be stealthy about it, if at all possible. Recruit the help of loli vampires you happen to run into.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 21, 2016, 10:28:39 am »

Follow the roar.

((Plot ho!))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 21, 2016, 11:09:14 am »

clothesline both the knight and the new guy
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 21, 2016, 12:09:11 pm »

"Kardassus, you fool. I was not worthy of such a sacrifice... I'll take my vengeance on those who took away the first comrade I made after wandering that castle for hundreds of years. I will devour their worthless souls."

Back to that village. Keep myself out of sight and try to ambush the priest, if he's still there. Rip his soul away from his body. Make it painful.
((Ah, I wasn't clear enough ! I meant that Ferratus had been purged from the Corruptive presence when he died. He would be back to his former self, while still wearing the Corrupted Armor. But that's just my personal preference ! If you prefer keeping him corrupted and hungry for power, no problem ! :) ))

Follow the roar.

((Plot ho!))
((Yes !))

By the way TempAcc, do you have a particular idea for Dahak backstory or should I create one on the fly ?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:10:47 pm by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 21, 2016, 12:13:32 pm »

"Kardassus, you fool. I was not worthy of such a sacrifice... I'll take my vengeance on those who took away the first comrade I made after wandering that castle for hundreds of years. I will devour their worthless souls."

Back to that village. Keep myself out of sight and try to ambush the priest, if he's still there. Rip his soul away from his body. Make it painful.
((Ah, I wasn't clear enough ! I meant that Ferratus had been purged from the Corruptive presence when he died. He would be back to his former self, while still wearing the Corrupted Armor. But that's just my personal preference ! If you prefer keeping him corrupted and hungry for power, no problem ! :) ))
((I wouldn't say that he's corrupted and hungry for power. While his soul has been 'cleaned', the armor is still corrupted which means that it still has a small influence on how he acts (and makes his voice creepier when angered or when he feels like intimidating someone). Right now he's just really pissed off. He's not back in the 'kill everything' state he had after transforming.))
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:16:41 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 21, 2016, 12:14:18 pm »

I wouldn't say that he's corrupted and hungry for power. While is soul has been 'cleaned', the armor is still corrupted which means that it still has a small influence on how he acts. Right now he's just really pissed off. He's not back in the 'kill everything' state he had after transforming.
Perfect then !

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 21, 2016, 01:28:13 pm »

By the way TempAcc, do you have a particular idea for Dahak backstory or should I create one on the fly ?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 21, 2016, 01:36:12 pm »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 21, 2016, 01:45:20 pm »

... FLY AWAY!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 21, 2016, 11:01:16 pm »

Turn 27

The sun is setting. The beautiful amber of the sun combines with the azure of the sky to create a beautiful scenery.
This is twilight, night will come soon.

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
"This... This is unforgivable! Absolutely unforgivable!"

Human-hack & acid Corruptor into oblivion, kill humans and follow Dahak. Vengeance calls!

[5] You manage to break out of the fear, filled with rage. Somehow, you think you understand how the Demoness felt when you managed to taunt her. This feeling of surprise coming from an opponent you underestimated...

You just don't understand why did she let you live. If you were in her place, you would have ripped off the head of this foul.

The fear gone, you fly at the Corruptor and claw it in the body. A whole mass of ectoplasmic matter is ripped off, and the entity seems to weaken greatly. It won't be long before it dies.

Human rolls :
Resist : [3-1] The humans fail to shake off the mind control.
You lose 3 MP
Attack : [2+1] The controlled humans charges wildly at the weakening Corruptor. They land some light blows, but this is enough for the Corruptor integrity to completely break down.

The ectoplasmic mass dissolve into dust, revealing a black still-beating heart.

[4] You managed to see where the Skeleton fled. You head toward this direction, you swear you will got him...

((GM thoughts : damnit. I had hoped you wouldn't know where he headed but well, the dice control us all))

Snehk the Stalker
Thank you for your heartily welcome, and don't worry. All I need is to rest before moving onward. I'm searching for human settlements, looking for those who have unsettled debts with abyss.

Talk with Darakion
"From what you are saying, you seem to belong to the demonic faction of...what was his name again ? Ah, I can't remember it."

You don't understand what is Darakion saying.
"Why are you looking at me like this ? You come from the Eastern Mountains and you don't know ? With the sudden increase in power of many monsters, the most intelligent and ambitious monsters of the demonic class have formed a group. You could even call them an army. They want to wage war on the kingdom of Fordania."

...The dragon looks at you with an amused look.

"You...don't know what is the kingdom of Fordania right ?... You must be really young indeed. The kingdom of Fordania is the main human nation at the west of the forest. If my memory serves well, the forest is at the border of their territory. So yeah, if you search for human settlements, go to the West, you should find some villages."

"Anyway, the "demonic army" as some call them are a bunch of fools. They will never be able to best the humans in direct combat. Why you ask ? Oh, you are one of those monsters that think that "humans are weak creatures". But have you ever met a hero ? I'm not talking about random adventurers or soldiers. But heroes. The pinnacle of the human people, their power is on par with the strongest monsters. And you know what's worse ? Contrary to powerful monsters, heroes rarely travel alone, but always in group. Their strength and intelligence is what make them threats to be reckoned with."

He takes a very serious tone :
"My father was killed by a hero. What an idiot, he was too power-hungry and warmongering, he attracted too much attention. Here is a piece of advice : if you wish to deal with humans, keep a low profile and never become to greedy. Attract too much attention and you are done for, like my old drag."

Afterward, the dragon keeps talking of mundane things, like life in the forest and how monsters went through a dark age the past centuries. He then ends with many strange fairy tales. A tale of humans and monsters living together. A tale of humans and monsters waging war against each other. A tale of the return of the power of the monsters.

"These stories ? Legends the elder of my tribe once passed over. Yeah, I originally lived far from here, but I moved. No no, I don't regret anything, really. It's peaceful here, I like it."

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Continue ascending the passage, but be on the lookout for traps or further humans.
[2] You keep ascending the passage. But you find nothing, everything seems to have been abandoned in the panic.
You eventually see a bright light at the end of the tunnel. This is the fabled surface you heard of. You feel excited, thrilled.

You hear sounds coming from the outside.

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor

"They will pay" you repeat like a mad mantra.

You walk toward the village, right in front of the setting sun. You want to ambush and kill that priest, but you got no real idea how to.
[4] You decide to wait for the night. With the blackness of the armor, it will be hard to see you. Then you will search for that priest, and kill him. You are now at the outskirt of the village, there is no fence or watchtower, only some torches lighted at some places.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
He seems a bit surprised at the title."I just gave a opening to strike at the beast. You did most of the damage. I suppose I should get back to work now, doing patrols with the rest of the guards..."
he would seem uneasy, as if something was different. Then he would realize that he was assigning his tasks to himself, a unusual thing for a member of the hive to do."On second thought, I'll go check on the princess."

You head toward the princess location. She is surrounded by guard caste Aradian Beetles and some workers are feeding her.

She is totally unhurt, and when she notices you, she orders all surrounding beetles to leave.

"I'm glad to see you unhurt, "Stormslayer". You have a good timing, I wanted to speak with you. About you. You noticed didn't you ?"

"You are aware of my strange thoughts ?" you ask surprised.

"Not really. But after your miraculous survival, I noticed your mind link with the Hive was...weakening. It's like you are acquiring an individual mind, a will different from the Hive's."

"What...what should I do ?" you ask worriedly.

"Nothing for now. Keep serving and fighting for the colony like you always did. I don't think your change is a bad omen. This is the sign we have been waiting : our species is changing, evolving as a whole. We are different from the other creatures : from birth we are united and one, and work for one will."

"Since I left the main Hive and formed my own network, I felt a part of me awakening. My own will, originally sealed, opening its eyes. These kind of thoughts would deserve me to get killed back at the main Hive, but we are free from the old Queen's mind. We are the future of our species. We are changing, and I believe this newfound beginning of individuality will lead us toward a new path."

You understand the reasoning of the princess. And you can't help but agree with her. Since you first transformed, you felt something greater than the old Hive. A promising future, far different from any you could imagine.

You hear loud buzzing, its the depart signal. The colony will once more move, toward their final destination.

"Let us go then. Toward our future" tell the princess.

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
ENJOY YOUR STAY AT HELLMOUTH VILLAGE, HUGE WAVE OF FEAR IS ON THE HOUSE

Dahak screams as he run away as fast as his bony legs allow him.

Ack! What the hell was that? Visions of old men, strange flying demony things going around mind controlling everyone in the most rude manner possible, interrupted leitmotiv, respawning corruptors and human monster hunting parties all at the same time!

Dahak then realizes, as he runs away, that he's in rather fragile situation. Physically weakened and with his magic exhausted, he need to find a way to ~rest~. "How do skeletons even rest?" he ponders.

Then a drifiting though hits him like a flying cow caught in a hurricane. The graveyard! He rose up from it initially and didn't even investigate it, not only does it probably have some clues about himself, but it also probably more then a few tombs to hide and maybe rest in. Considering his earlier aquaintances, whatever survives from that tussle will probably come after him after being hit in the face with the scariest creepypasta ever.

Run back to the graveyard you initially rose up from and try to investigate it for clues and a place to hide and rest in. Try to be stealthy about it, if at all possible. Recruit the help of loli vampires you happen to run into.
[When suddenly, plot]
You arrive to the graveyard. A place devoid of life, full of tombs of people whose name was forgotten in time. The silence here is different than in the village, it's more soothing, like if it was honoring the rest of the deceased. The faint gleam of the waning sun are giving a mysterious atmosphere to the graveyard.

You walk around aimlessly, not really knowing what you should look for. You arrive at a tomb with a hole in place of the coffin. Only the name is visible, the rest is unreadable. It reads "..Dahak..". It's your tomb.

You touch at the rock slab. "Who was I ?" you can't help but wonder.

[4] "Ha ! You came back ! You disappeared so quickly, I thought you were gone for good !"

You suddenly hear a feminine, cheerful voice behind you.

You turn back and see what seems to be a young girl in a cloak that hide her whole body. She is wearing a white mask with a strange sign on it.

"AAAAH ! ARE YOU SERIOUS THERE WERE REALLY LOLI VAMPIRES IN THERE ??" you shout pointing at the strange girl.

"Loli vamp...what ? Oy, I don't know what's happening to you, but I'm not a loli vampire. What's a loli anyway ? I'm what humans call a Death Fairy."

"Well, a loli is...what's a loli anyway ? No, that's not the point, what is your business with me ?!"

She tilts her head, confused.
"Ay, you are a strange one, that's for sure, like in my souvenirs. My role is to guide intelligent undead that reanimates, like the like of you. But I was nap...busy so I arrived late for your reanimation. You already left when I reached your tomb."

She takes a serious voice :
"But you are a special case. First of all, we already met in your past life, but you don't seem to remember me. That's what death do to you, it disrupts your soul so much that memories go poof. And secondly, your resurrected soul is abnormal : there is a strange incoherence in your soul composition, but I can't manage to tell what is it. Because of these two conditions, I wanted to see you soon to watch for you, and decide what I should do. Kill you or let you live your undeath."

After saying the last sentence, she says with a cheerful voice :

"Dahak, I'm Delinde, it's a pleasure to meet you again."

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
Follow the roar.

((Plot ho!))
[Plot ever onward]
You decide to head toward the call. You run through a tortuous underground corridor, directing you thank to the sound of the call.
It's getting closer and closer.

You arrive at the sound origin to find a wounded monster. It's a yellow crystal humanoid, you never saw one before. Ah, it seems like an easy prey.

The crystal being turns toward you, and speak to you in the crystal tongue :
"Someone came...oh thanks...Please...save my child. Take my life, but please, save him..."

It's an unusual situation. You are unsure at what you should do. On one hand you could swiftly kill him and feed on him, but on the other hand, you are hesitating.

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
clothesline both the knight and the new guy

[5] ((had to look up clothesline)
You charge at your two opponents and catch them with both hands. Lifting them head down, they lose hold of their weapons and struggle helplessly.
You grab both ends of the humans, and stretch them with all you force. They scream in pain, and suddenly stop at the same time of this weird cracking sound. You drop their dead body to the ground.
You gained 2 essences

Ako roll :
[3] Ako is now fighting the commander of the human troops. He is fighting evenly with him, trading blow but not managing to get a clear advantage. The opponent is a very skilled knight armed with a great axe.

General battle rolls :
Sylvarian : 5d6 + 5 [terrain bonus] = 17 + 5 = 22
Human : 6d6 = 23
=> -2 in each camp and -1 in Sylvarian (not counting Robobert and Ako battle result)
Sylvarian numbers : 17 + Robobert
Human numbers : 26

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
... FLY AWAY!!!

[1] You try to fly away, but you are too injured to maintain your levitation ! You fall and slam back on the ground, injuring yourself lightly.
You lose 1 HP

The Sylv Guardian looks at you, confused. You can hear the snarling getting closer.

You lose consciousness as you hear the Sauriars rushing toward your direction.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 01:01:05 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2016, 11:02:20 pm »

(Sorry if some turns are reaaally short.)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2016, 11:09:56 pm »

(I'm not sure what move you had me do, but it wasn't a clothesline. It's a wrestling move, where I run forward, arms out, and hit the opponent in the neck, causing them to slam head-first into the ground. Here's an example. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Af_bFHet25I)
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2016, 11:11:22 pm »

Finish humans and that heart, consume essence, follow skeleton!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2016, 11:17:03 pm »

I throw out Clay Fruit to help my fellow Leaf-Friends. I then go confront the fire magi
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 21, 2016, 11:24:29 pm »

Ask him where his child is, and what I can do to help.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 146