Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295641 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #465 on: February 20, 2016, 10:34:04 pm »

((On a different note, I can't wait to run into a player, and eat their essence.))
((I'm luckier than you in this aspect  :P))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 20, 2016, 10:38:47 pm »

I Quickly Fly upwards, if they try to jump on me I Try to Knock em straight down with my "Telekinesis"
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 20, 2016, 10:49:46 pm »

(nakeen, your spoiler tag for squishy needs to be adjusted. it ate half of my turn.)
My bad ! Corrected this :)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 20, 2016, 11:21:34 pm »

Wake up, make a run for it. Not much else to say.

Rest & recover if I get the chance.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 20, 2016, 11:23:41 pm »

ptw
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 21, 2016, 02:45:03 am »

As soon as I recover from unconsciousness, take stock of my current situation. Did my kin survive unharmed?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 21, 2016, 04:14:02 am »

I'm sorry for my lack of manners. My name is Snehk, and I'd follow you to your lair with pleasure.

Go to the lair.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 21, 2016, 04:22:29 am »

((Everyone has posted ! Turn writing in process))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 21, 2016, 06:04:39 am »

Turn 26

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
Hoist my Man-Club high in the air, and begin playing Whack-a-Human, smashing my other foes with their own friend

[2] You try to play Whack-a-Human-With-a-Human, but you accidentally let your human slips out of your hand !
[6] The human manages to miraculously land without injuring itself. Then suddenly an arrow from a friendly archer pierces his head and he drops dead. He landed right into the path of the arrow.
Human rolls :
[3, 1] vs [5] The two knights still facing you charge at you ! The first one manages to dent your armor with its sword but the other one fails spectacularly : he charges straight into your punch, and goes flying from the impact in a Wilhelm Scream. He lands far away, and seem heavily injured.
You then smash the other knight, who barely block in time and still get injured.
You lose 2HP

Ako roll :
[4] Not far from you, Ako is still fighting many opponents like a true warrior. Transforming his arms into a shield and a lance, he fights knights toe to toe.

Reinforcement roll :
[3] A foot soldier joins the fight against you.

Sylvarian numbers : around 20 + Robobert
Human numbers : around 30

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
((>:v! its like Dahak's uncanny unluck is transcending the game and joining forces with my own unluck))

BLSABKANSKANBAHARGLGLGLGL

Your glorious mental leitmotiv is interrupted by some sort of mind control dweebery! UNFORGIVABLE.

Break this incovenient mind control effect with the pure might of random expletives, THEN use your fully empowered fear aura on anything in the vicinity, then you can run away like some wide hipped girl skeleton.

[5] ((clap clap))
As you struggle against the mind-control, a sudden memory emerges into your mind. A man, an old man. He stares at you with severe but gentle eyes, and says "Dahak, get up. We are close."
You don't know why, but this vision feels you with strength. Damnit them all to hell ! You personally met death one time and you are not going to meet her again !

You break free of the Mind Control !

Then your mind yours and yours alone, you focus and expand all your remaining mana to magnify your Fear Aura.
You expand all your remaining MP

"HA ! TAKE THIS !" you shout.

The magnified Fear Aura expands in a huge perimeter, affecting the humans, the Corruptor and the flying demon.
Humans : [4-2]
Corruptor : [6]
Ulkas : [4-1] (resistance malus)

The weakened and mind-controlled humans suddenly freeze instinctively because of the fear, despite the mind-control.
On the Corruptor side, as soon as it begins to feel the alien feeling of fear, it fidgets wildly. But this time, it manages to shake off this horrible feeling, but drop its guard in the process.
Ulkas suddenly feels intense fear. The feeling he swore to never feel again, the feeling that made him feels so weak in that moment. The twisted smile of the Demoness flashes in Ulkas mind, and he begins losing himself to the fear.

[4] Then Dahak takes advantage of his successful Fear Aura, and makes a run for it. He manages to get out far from the accursed village, finally safe.

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Use my pawns to confront Corruptor while I try my acid and illusions on him.

((As for mind control: do I need to spend mana each turn and do my pawns get IND rolls to try and ease control?))

-see Dahak turn for details-
The fear engulfs you, its terrible. Damned skeleton ! You didn't expect it to hide such a power !
Human resistance roll : [3-1]
You manage to maintain control of the humans, although barely.
You lose 3MP

Despite the fear, you give clear orders to your pawns. Destroy the Corruptor.
[2] You intend to attack the Corruptor, but you are paralyzed in fear !

[5] Your human pawns charges at the Corruptor despite, or maybe because of the fear. They hack and slash the eldritch being, cutting it apart with ease thanks to the disturbed state of the Corruptor. Black ichor pours on the ground, and a weird scream fills the air.
The Corruptor is still standing though.

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor -Come back ?...-
[Tearjerker alert]
A bright white plane. The white soundless nothing.

Voices echo from somewhere, calling out to you. You can't answer them, you can't open your eyes.
"Please stop calling me. Let me finally rest. I'm so tired" you think.

Then a familiar voice.
"Ferratus. Open your eyes. Live again for the both of us."

"...Kardassus ? Where are you, why are you saying this ?"

You suddenly open your eyes. The bright blue sky and its fluffy clouds. The sound of the wind, the heat of the sun.

"I...am not dead ?" you say. Your voice is calm, back to its original tone.

"What happened ?"

You hold your head into your hands. Wait. Kardassus ! My friend, where are you !

No answers. You can't feel him. His memories are still here in you, but you can't feel his presence anymore. Then suddenly, unseen memories flow into your mind.

You see a knight with a face filled with hate. He is impaling you. Ah, that's right, that's how I died.
But the memory continues. Your soul begin dispersing out of the armor, dying. You were screaming horribly, with a dark and mad voice. And then you heard Kardassus voice coming from you.

Sorry Ferratus. You will hate me for this, but I owe you one. Thank you, thank you for everything... This short time spent with you made me feel alive again... My friend.

And then the memory stops. You understand everything. You begin sobbing uncontrollably, you feel imaginary tears running down your imaginary face.

"Kardassus... You fucking idiot. YOU FUCKING IDIOT !" you shouts with a voice filled with sadness and anger.

"AAAARH ! SHIT ! DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT !" you punch against the ground, creating a big hole.

"Why ! Why did you have to sacrifice your soul to take my place !..." you sob, you can't speak anymore.

That's right. At the verge of your death, Kardassus took your place when the Armor cohesion dissolved. He managed to keep you alive and bound to the armor. He saved you. But he is not here anymore, you will never be able to thank him for that.

Ferratus cries all the sadness of its soul, alone in the wilderness.

You lost the trait Soul Buddy -Kardassus-
((the villagers threw your armor away, too scared of touching it further and believing you were dead for good))

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Ascend back up the mine shaft, and try to make contact with any human miners left. If they are peaceful, spare them, and try to communicate with them. If they run or become scared, PURGE THEM with Mana-Spark based fire!
[Only one line of text ?]
[2] You ascend the mine shaft, but don't run into any human. The alert must have sent them running for their life. You can choose to keep going further.

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
I Quickly Fly upwards, if they try to jump on me I Try to Knock em straight down with my "Telekinesis"

[1] You try to quickly fly upward to escape their range, but they suddenly jump at blinding speed before you can get to safety ! The three Sauriars bite you savagely before you can react.
You lose 6HP
[6] In the panic, you try to push them away with your Telekinesis. You don't remember what you did, but it didn't went like you expected.
You lose all your remaining MP
The three monsters are thrown to the ground with force, and you yourself are projected backward with the same force !
You crash through branches and slam on the ground, injuring yourself even more.
You lose 3HP

You hear something moving and sound of wood "moving". You raise your eye, and see you landed right next to the Sylv Guardian.
Its head-vines assemble to form a long head ending in a golden glow. It "stares" at you, stands up but don't seem to attack you.

What do you do ?

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
Wake up, make a run for it. Not much else to say.

Rest & recover if I get the chance.

[5] You wake up to find yourself in a cave filled with sand. You are bruised and injured everywhere, your state is pitiful. You stumble a little, and eventually get up. You see many passageway connected to the cave, you go into one of them and sleep at its entrance, exhausted. Finally some rest. You sleep heavily.
You recovered 9HP
You recovered 8 MP

Suddenly you are awakened by a roar that comes from the passageway. You understand it, it's a call for help. You are unsure at what to do. Is it a trap ? Should you go ?

((The GM is holding a sign reading "PLOT THIS WAY"))

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
As soon as I recover from unconsciousness, take stock of my current situation. Did my kin survive unharmed?
You eventually regain consciousness. When you come to your senses, the monster is nowhere to be seen and you are at a whole different place.

The Guard comes at you.
"You are a hero, Stormslayer. This is how the Hive is calling you now."

You ask where you are and if everyone is safe.
"We are in safety, we dug a temporary tunnel to rest. The meat of the monster was already consumed, we just need a break for now. The destination is still a bit farther away."

Snehk the Stalker
I'm sorry for my lack of manners. My name is Snehk, and I'd follow you to your lair with pleasure.

Go to the lair.

"Good Snehk. A pleasure to meet you." he answers politely.

You then follow him to his lair, and eventually arrive there after a small walk. It's a huge cavern underneath a massive tree. Roots are coming out of the ceiling, and the walls themselves are roots.

"This is my home, make yourself at home. Sorry though, I don't have anything to offer you" he apologizes.

Darakion seems to be an actually pretty decent guy. It's a bit unsettling.

"What, lost your tongue ? Don't feel tense, I'm not gonna eat you. I meant it when I said you were my guest, let's discuss a little bit. What is your reason of traveling through these woods ? You are clearly a monster from the East."

Monsters :

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:52:52 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 21, 2016, 06:05:43 am »

An interesting turn of events. Dahak luck is turning ! Ferratus life is tearjerking !
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:07:24 am by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 21, 2016, 06:25:09 am »

"This... This is unforgivable! Absolutely unforgivable!"

Human-hack & acid Corruptor into oblivion, kill humans and follow Dahak. Vengeance calls!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:28:44 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 21, 2016, 06:33:42 am »

Thank you for your heartily welcome, and don't worry. All I need is to rest before moving onward. I'm searching for human settlements, looking for those who have unsettled debts with abyss.

Talk with Darakion

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 21, 2016, 07:35:43 am »

Continue ascending the passage, but be on the lookout for traps or further humans.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 21, 2016, 09:54:33 am »

"Kardassus, you fool. I was not worthy of such a sacrifice... I'll take my vengeance on those who took away the first comrade I made after wandering that castle for hundreds of years. I will devour their worthless souls."

Back to that village. Keep myself out of sight and try to ambush the priest, if he's still there. Rip his soul away from his body. Make it painful.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 21, 2016, 10:17:36 am »

He seems a bit surprised at the title."I just gave a opening to strike at the beast. You did most of the damage. I suppose I should get back to work now, doing patrols with the rest of the guards..."
he would seem uneasy, as if something was different. Then he would realize that he was assigning his tasks to himself, a unusual thing for a member of the hive to do."On second thought, I'll go check on the princess."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 146