Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295711 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #450 on: February 20, 2016, 03:01:15 pm »

((Like yesterday, expect only two updates today and tomorrow. Bit busy))

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 20, 2016, 04:48:31 pm »

((sorry for general AFK-ness, I have just returned from the mythical land of girlfriendhouse, also, WHAT))

Dahak feels his luck is quite literally punching him in the nuts, if only he had nuts, that is.

You know what? Fuck this, fuck this village,, fuck the corruptor, fuck the humans and that distant flying thing, and their respective mothers too, if applicable!

Dahak then gets on his bony feet and starts concentrating, while also getting ready to run away (you can never be too careful :v)

Ooh boy, here comes, HERE COMES THE NIGHT TRAIN

Dahak then imagines his leitmotiv playing as the wind blows on his wraith-remains cloak. Might as well go down (or run away) in style.

Take advantage of the general confusion and turn on your Aura of Fear and empower it with all remaining mana to scare the hell out of anything in the general vicinity, be it human or monster. THEN GET READY TO RUN BECAUSE WE'RE NOT ENTIRELY STUPID, AS COOL AS WE ARE.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:00:03 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 20, 2016, 09:55:34 pm »

Turn 25

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
Search the area for Meat creatures, I've had enough salad for one day...
[ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder]
[1] Vegetables are good for your health, but meat is tastier. You dismiss this strange creature and take another route.
You reach some kind of weird forest opening, and you notice bones lying on the ground. You get a bad feeling.

You hear snarling, and before you know it you are surrounded ! They number three, and those are Forest Sauriars : quadrupedal reptiles with a feline body shape and a black mane of spiky hairs. They growl menacingly at you, and are going to attack !

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Control ALL of the fighting entities, to test my power. Confront those unaffected.
[Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth]
[3+1] (Intelligence bonus) This what you could call timely test subjects. You focus yourself, looking within your power pool. Then you focus outward, reaching toward the minds of the various beings under you. Mental Control
Human roll : [2, 6, 3, 2]
Dahak roll : [3]
No Corruptor roll, they don't possess a "mind"
You lose 12 MP

Unleashing your newfound powers, you invade the mind of the humans and make them yours. All of them fall under your control except for a knight who had a stronger mind than the others. You also take control of a skeleton mind.
The affected targets immediately stop what they were doing, allowing the Corruptor to surround the immobile knight.

You descend and confront the Corruptor. It feels your presence, and seem to understand you represent a dangerous threat.
As you gaze upon the thing, your Expansive Mind understands something about it. Nor undead nor alive, just like an empty shell animated by an unknown phenomenon. It's familiar, like when you connected with Tinzakena. It's something not of this world.

Corruptor roll : [5] vs [6] The Corruptor immediately unleashes its tentacles on you, and you manage to deflect them with your claws. It still manages to injure you lightly. Your poison is ineffective against the Corruptor.
You lose 3HP

Snehk the Stalker
Not courage, maybe a bit foolishness, but not in talking with you, but trying to assault you. I thought that my evil ways led to greater balance, and looking at burnt to ashes ground I thought that my assault was justified. But all it did was cause more destruction. To maintain real balance, I must eliminate threats to you, not you. Do you agree to my vow, in accompanying you in your journeys?.

Tell truth. Vow to dragon.
[Snehk the Stalker]
[3] "What kind of nonsense are you babbling ? I'm not buying any of this balance crap. And journey ? Don't make me laugh, I'm not traveling anywhere : this is my home ! There was just a stupid monster that invaded my territory and woke me up" the Shegarian is fulminating.

"But that's not the point. I don't need help, and there is nothing I fear. Just don't mess with me strange creature, or you will know that I have trouble controlling my anger."

You gulp.

"Where are monsters manners nowadays ? In my youth, we would kill each other but always respect everyone territory and dignity outside of the hunt. Do you have a name ? Or do monsters have even lost their names now ? Know that I am known as Darakion, the sole Shegarian Dragon of this forest." he says with a majestic voice.

"Don't worry, I won't kill you. Except if you make me angry. Tell me your name and follow me to my lair, I haven't had a host since a long time."

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
dig up a cloud of duty, and attempt to grab a knight or two by the leg, and use them as as a club against the others. If I don't get a grab, just start trying to smash them with large, heavy fists, as usual
[Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant]
[2] You try to dig up a cloud of dirt, but fail as a knight attack you !
[3] vs [4] He strikes at you with his sword, but you block the attack with your arm, injuring yourself a little. As he tries taking his stuck sword out, you grab him by the legs and use him as a makeshift club !
You lose 2HP
[3] You flail your living club around wildly, his allies with it. You are so strong that they are thrown backward despite protecting themselves.

In the meantime, Sylvarian are fighting the Humans. Sylvarian got the advantage, but they struggle against the fire magi in the rear.
Ako roll : [5] Ako is currently fighting three knights. Letting them surround him, he unleashes numerous spear roots expanding from its body in all directions, impaling the three knights.

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor
I can break these cuffs! Then use the priest's mistake and drain/assimilate the now helpless knight (unless I'm close enough to stab him with tendrils without breaking the bindings, in that case do it in reverse). Kill the priest afterwards.

[Ferratus the Corrupted Armor]
[1] "YOU CAN'T RESTRAIN ME !" you shouts like a mad beast.
But as you begin to struggle, the tethers suddenly shine brightly and you feel them dragging you even stronger than before ! Furthermore, the burn intensifies, and erode your energy !
You lose 4 HP

Human roll :
[5] vs [1] ((NO. NO!))
You are totally immobilized. You try to struggle as you may, but to no avail. The knight in front of you take back its sword, and plunge the sword deeply in your torso, piercing the eye on your breastplate.

You feel your soul giving away, dispersing into the world.

The bright blue sky.
So beautiful.
You are finally free.
You lose your remaining HP. You have been slain.

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Name : Squishy (Again! Yay!)
Species : Mana Amorphoid
Appearance : The Mana Shard once again becomes amorphous like a slime, but gains the unique ability to mould itself into different shapes. See the trait gained for more information.
HP or MP increase : choose one. Mana up 5, HP up 2. Unless going to stage 3 gets me +8 and +4, in which case, Mana +8, HP +4.
Attributes increased : Power
Traits gained : Transformative: The Mana Amorphoid can take on whatever shape it pleases (Although it will always be the same size). During the transformation phase, its outer layer becomes gelid like a slime's. But when the transformation is complete, it once again crystallizes. (- Constitution while transforming)
Skills gained : Mana Wave: The Mana Amorphoid can now release a large wave of mana which disrupts all mana-using beings in the area. Human mages will be temporarily unable to use mana, and mana crystals underground will probably explode.

((Oh yeah, and it can still float if it wants to. Because levitation for the WIN.))

((Next turn I am SO going up the mine and trying to talk to the humans again. Not sure if they'll listen. If they don't however, I WILL DEVOUR THEM!))

[Shiny transformation into Squishy]
Transformation Success Roll : [3] (slime girl when ?)

Ah, it's this sensation again. Power overflowing, body structure changing.
You let the transformation flow in peacefully.

Slowly, your crystalline body take a liquid consistency, you feel like back to your first stage, but this time is different.
Freely changing between solid and liquid states, your body adaptability is incredible.

You gained +2 Power, +8MP and +4HP
You acquired the trait Transformative
You acquired the skill Mana Disruptive Wave
You are now an Earth Mana Amorphoid

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
exausted and injured, he would eat some of the flesh of his kill, otherwise remaining immobile. He would then lose conciousness as he embraces what may be his end. Perhaps his kin will find his body when they start salvaging the corpse. He briefly wonders if his guard kin is still alive, or if they too were dead.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero]
Transformation Success Roll : [2]

As you are slowly getting crushed under the immense weight of the dead Storm Ravager, you feel another force in your body going against the pressure. Your body is growing, transforming. You don't pay attention to it much as the pain is making you lose consciousness.

You struggle, cut and dig your way out of the massive body. Further, further, you don't give up.
Finally you emerge from the Storm Ravager body, like reborn.

You gained +1 Individuality, +5HP and +2MP
You acquired the trait "Out of Hive Learning"
You acquired the skill "Adrenaline Rush"
You are now an Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero

Adrenaline Rush : this near-death experience gave you a new skill. When your HP falls at critical levels, you get an extreme boost of power as you feel death closing in.

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
Keep resting. If I have HP over 12 and mana over 5, go for another walk.
[Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore]
[1] Beaten and broken, you decide to rest somewhere. You walk a bit to find a suitable resting place, but can't find any in the wide desert.
Suddenly, the ground under you collapse, and you begin to sink into the sand. Quicksands ! You never saw something like this in the Crystal Steppes, you begin to panic.
[2] You fail to get yourself out of the quicksands, and soon your whole body is deep under the sand.
You can't breathe. The accumulating weight is crushing you. Are you going to die like this ?
You lose 5HP

Suddenly the pressure disappears, and you feel yourself falling. You gasp for air, you can breathe.
Your body slam unto something, and you lose consciousness.

Dahak the Spooly really Scary Skeleton
((sorry for general AFK-ness, I have just returned from the mythical land of girlfriendhouse, also, WHAT))

Dahak feels his luck is quite literally punching him in the nuts, if only he had nuts, that is.

You know what? Fuck this, fuck this village,, fuck the corruptor, fuck the humans and that distant flying thing, and their respective mothers too, if applicable!

Dahak then gets on his bony feet and starts concentrating, while also getting ready to run away (you can never be too careful :v)

Ooh boy, here comes, HERE COMES THE NIGHT TRAIN

Dahak then imagines his leitmotiv playing as the wind blows on his wraith-remains cloak. Might as well go down (or run away) in style.

Take advantage of the general confusion and turn on your Aura of Fear and empower it with all remaining mana to scare the hell out of anything in the general vicinity, be it human or monster. THEN GET READY TO RUN BECAUSE WE'RE NOT ENTIRELY STUPID, AS COOL AS WE ARE.
[Dahak whacky adventure]
-see Ulkas turn-
You feel your mind being invaded by something. It's taking control of your mind, you try to resist, but it's no use !

You black out as you fall under the mind-control spell.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:32:26 am by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 20, 2016, 09:58:15 pm »

... shit.

This is what I get for liking a character and trying out roleplaying something different for a change.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 20, 2016, 09:58:23 pm »

Ferratus is dead D:

You accumulated 5 essences in your life, you will start anew with 3 essences (rounded up). You will begin directly at the Stage 1 with 1 essence.
Feel free to create a new monster or to just alter your monster. Whatever your choice, I will do my best to add it into the story.

You can begin where you want, except directly in a human settlement.

edit: I didn't see your death coming. But with such rolls, well, let's call it destiny ?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 20, 2016, 10:02:59 pm »

Hoist my Man-Club high in the air, and begin playing Whack-a-Human, smashing my other foes with their own friend
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 20, 2016, 10:03:55 pm »

Use my pawns to confront Corruptor while I try my acid and illusions on him.

((As for mind control: do I need to spend mana each turn and do my pawns get IND rolls to try and ease control?))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 20, 2016, 10:11:35 pm »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 20, 2016, 10:13:11 pm »

Ascend back up the mine shaft, and try to make contact with any human miners left. If they are peaceful, spare them, and try to communicate with them. If they run or become scared, PURGE THEM with Mana-Spark based fire!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 20, 2016, 10:14:33 pm »

((>:v! its like Dahak's uncanny unluck is transcending the game and joining forces with my own unluck))

BLSABKANSKANBAHARGLGLGLGL

Your glorious mental leitmotiv is interrupted by some sort of mind control dweebery! UNFORGIVABLE.

Break this incovenient mind control effect with the pure might of random expletives, THEN use your fully empowered fear aura on anything in the vicinity, then you can run away like some wide hipped girl skeleton.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 20, 2016, 10:15:03 pm »

((I expected this situation. You will keep Kardassus memories, and he may or may not be still out there...))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 20, 2016, 10:17:03 pm »

I ended up liking Ferratus too much to just throw his concept away in favor a different monster. I'm guessing I don't get to keep my bonus IND point?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 20, 2016, 10:17:44 pm »

Use my pawns to confront Corruptor while I try my acid and illusions on him.

((As for mind control: do I need to spend mana each turn and do my pawns get IND rolls to try and ease control?))
1MP per turn for each pawn.
Only Dahak will get a roll of Ind in the situation, as the humans were already mentally weakened by the Corruptor.
If Dahak manages to get out of the mind control, you won't lose anything. Each tentative will drain MP equal to its Individuality, minimum to 1.

edit: Ferratus will come back, but he won't be the same after dying once more...(the Dice will determine how)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:20:44 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 20, 2016, 10:27:57 pm »

(nakeen, your spoiler tag for squishy needs to be adjusted. it ate half of my turn.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 20, 2016, 10:31:30 pm »

((Your turn is mine now. Become consumed by me. Feel me eating your essence.))

((On a different note, I can't wait to run into a player, and eat their essence.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 146