Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006817 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4740 on: January 28, 2017, 06:48:17 am »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4741 on: January 28, 2017, 08:36:39 am »

Yeah I've only seen them do ironic jizya where they force them to give up all their hidden wealth and once the wealth runs out, kill them and take their daughters with forcible conversion. You'd think forcible conversion wouldn't be so bad because there's always the hope of escape and reconversion, but the penalty for leaving the faith is death so it's pretty shit with a hope of shit and an expectation of lifetime shit
And even if they do escape they will probably be cast out by their Christian families because they lost their virginity to a muslim.
They won't have a family
Cos ISIS

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: January 28, 2017, 11:07:28 am »

The IMF warns (again) that the Greek economy will completely implode if the EU does not waiver it's debts, and allow it to invest in it's economy and infrastructure again, instead of forcing budgetary restrictions.
According to them, if nothing changes, the Greek deficit will grow to be nearly 3 times the country's GDP in 2060
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:09:05 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: January 28, 2017, 11:14:36 am »

It's 2017 and Greece is still fucked up. The national/local governments of Europe have shown complete ineptitude at dealing with problems. The Federal EU government should be given more power, why isn't it being given more power?
._.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4744 on: January 28, 2017, 11:23:35 am »

It's 2017 and Greece is still fucked up. The national/local governments of Europe have shown complete ineptitude at dealing with problems. The Federal EU government should be given more power, why isn't it being given more power?

A few key members have been fighting giving the EU any more powers. Fortunately, the chief resistor is now dead set of leaving, consequences be damned (But we'll save that for the Brexit thread). EU may actually become a lot more productive and efficient soon. Unfortunately, I still live in the chief resistor. For now.

At some point, governments will just have to say enough is enough. Large national debts have been forgiven and wiped before, considering just about every country is in at least some debt it's starting to all just look ridiculous when everyone owes everyone else money.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:30:48 am by MorleyDev »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: January 28, 2017, 11:29:35 am »

i think you guys have an articles of confederation type problem. you want things done that require a strong central control or a willingness to spend your effort but when it comes to actually giving it no one wants to front the money and effort and when the central administration attempts go get stuff everyone cry's "but my sovereignty" and nothing gets done in the end.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: January 28, 2017, 03:23:27 pm »

Because The national/local governments of Europe == The Federal EU government?

That's the whole problem, whether you're looking at this from a nationalist or a unionist point of view.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: January 28, 2017, 06:03:53 pm »

Privacy debate flames up in the Netherlands after a 68 year old woman committed suicide, after our national police tv showed footage of her stealing a wallet that was left unattended by another old lady. After her face showed up on the internet, it didn't take long for internet public to find her identity, and spam her with curses and death threats, after which she committed suicide.

Police and national tv are under fire now. Public opinion is that they should not have showed the woman without blurring her face, for such a minor crime. Police defends it's choice by saying it had exhausted other means of finding the woman's identity, so they felt they needed to show her face to let the public help track her down.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: January 28, 2017, 07:49:43 pm »

So, um, I guess Toady One is letting the AmeriPol thread in a timeout period? He's usually pretty quick with doing whatever he needs to do for locking a thread or if it needs to stay locked, he usually says so.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: January 28, 2017, 08:00:03 pm »

It's not always super quick if it's not cut and dried in the past few posts. Sometimes he needs to comb though the whole previous conversation and such, which can take a while sometimes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: January 28, 2017, 08:03:07 pm »

It's not always super quick if it's not cut and dried in the past few posts. Sometimes he needs to comb though the whole previous conversation and such, which can take a while sometimes.

It was only the last 12 or so posts that it flared up, there wasn't anything flaring up earlier.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: January 28, 2017, 08:15:32 pm »

Christ, this one feels so unnecessary. Other times I got it: People were passionate, got riled up, etc etc. This time it just seemed to me like dickishness among posters.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: January 28, 2017, 08:18:23 pm »

I'm not quite sure what prompted the lockdown either. I guess the last 3 posts were turning a bit personal.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: January 28, 2017, 08:20:01 pm »

Christ, this one feels so unnecessary. Other times I got it: People were passionate, got riled up, etc etc. This time it just seemed to me like dickishness among posters.

So, it wasn't you that locked it?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: January 28, 2017, 08:23:00 pm »

Hell no. I would've given the guys involved in the last couple pages some shit, sure, but why lock it? It wasn't exactly boiling over. I guess Toady is playing it extra careful with the AmeriPol thread: If it's permalocked, the topics will just infect the rest of the board. That's why it is important to keep the containment area stable.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 793