Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82562 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2016, 11:52:29 am »

"Oops, guessed I miscounted," said Alain as she caught up with the others on the other side of the bridge, omitting the idea that Ariston's armor looked alike the Hollow Captain's despite several glaring differences.

Setting her eyes on the living man in question however, she caught herself staring at where the helmet should've been, along with catching the gist of his words.

"Y-you look very young, Captain-General!"

"I mean, your...ideas. Sacha: Natives, considering the impact of my findings too--the wyvern skeleton outside--would imply many things not first considered about Truskhang, especially given the locks and security we had to bypass; although that speaks of the architecture that there was a way in."

"Though I believe we'll find out more as we delve deeper in. Rosalia, do you mind if I scout ahead with you watching my back? I believe having an idea of what we're to move through is better than us all moving in together and falling amidst more of these creatures, especially given their weaponry still in suitable condition for battle. Especially given their bowmen. Excuse me for a moment."

Search that thing on E7 considering we're discussing right after the bridge.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2016, 03:15:06 pm »

"Allow me to clarify. If the ones we fought were people also looking for answers, then we may yet be in luck. But if even the land of the Gods is like this... what hope do we have?"

Ariston paused for a moment, then turned to Alain.

"I'm much older than I look. I'd prefer not to discuss the particulars, but mine was not an honorable death on the battlefield. If it had been, perhaps I would have been able to rest when my time came."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2016, 05:51:45 pm »

Yilda subconsciously massaged her neck with her left hand, and said nothing.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2016, 08:29:18 pm »

"We shared the same fate, Ariston and I.."

He makes as if to elaborate, but instead finishes the statement there.
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2016, 08:31:40 pm »

Rosalia considers asking what it was. But then elects not to. Sounds like the sort of thing one doesn't want to talk about.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 17, 2016, 08:38:43 pm »

Damon looks off somewhere behind Rosalia, as if staring at somethings rather interesting only he could see, then moves his gaze to her.

"...I myself might tell you, if the General wasn't against my doing so. I wouldn't wish to give information he would rather keep private."
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 17, 2016, 08:41:05 pm »

"Don't worry about it. I can see why people wouldn't be comfortable with the subject, especially with strangers."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 17, 2016, 08:44:05 pm »

He nods once and remains silent.
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2016, 09:44:56 pm »

"You may speak of it if you wish; it is my fault we ended in such a sorry state."

The general folded his arms behind his back and looked down.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 17, 2016, 09:48:35 pm »

"I find myself curious about how the two of you could be involved in anything shady... I myself was simply persecuted for my religion. I'd not hurt anyone but that's how it is."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 17, 2016, 10:07:29 pm »

"It was not... 'shady'. At least, not on our part. Put shortly, I surrendered to a treacherous bastard and we were left to rot in a dungeon that was sealed behind us. We all died from lack of food and water. Only Damon and I were cursed with this particular fate."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 17, 2016, 10:15:36 pm »

"That must have been terrible. I can scarcely imagine."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 17, 2016, 10:23:19 pm »

"Yes. It was. As was the interminable time between then and when next we saw daylight."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 17, 2016, 11:05:11 pm »

"Your fault..? Hardly, General. It wasn't you who forced surrender and then went back on your word."

Damon then takes on a more somber expression.

"Ariston surrendered himself for my safety, and the safety of the remainder of his men. We were captured in battle... but our opponent never intended to keep his word; he imprisoned us, and placed a wall over the entrance, leaving us to the hands of time."

"It... seemed like a forever, and yet.. I can't remember very much of it. The years have all... blended together."
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 18, 2016, 12:50:40 am »

"Allow me to clarify. If the ones we fought were people also looking for answers, then we may yet be in luck. But if even the land of the Gods is like this... what hope do we have?"

"Foresight, and hindsight. They looked more like either military detachments, but considering anything beyond that--we can't predict the inevitability of hope, we can just estimate it."

Noticing the serious mood, Alain listened on. And then the thought hit her.

Oh wow, I'm walking with legends!

"I think a bit of cheer would help here. Ariston, Damon--if it'd help you two from a humble city librarian's perspective with a very selective memory; you are both remembered along with your men as valiant men in the chronicles of history. I may be bad with names but your deeds, however small it may be in your memory, are in one of our most important books and tomes of historical and military value."

Noticing again the contrast between his youth and remembering the age, she came upon a particularly somber recalling.

"However...there was only an estimate of what happened to the fate of you and the men under your command since nobody found the bodies, there was an investigation thereafter of some sort but I forget the details. But you are remembered with honor as far as the texts go. I believe that matters, too."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 90