Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Fear of whats next)  (Read 8329 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Decisions)
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2015, 12:57:37 pm »

"Perhaps it would be a better idea to collect the gas before I try the radio thing, just in case... could use the opportunity to construct a few molotovs, if nothing else."

While we decide what to do, see if I can find the radiophone's frequency with my radio. Keep the volume low enough that the rotters can't hear it
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2015, 01:19:56 pm »

"Perhaps it would be a better idea to collect the gas before I try the radio thing, just in case... could use the opportunity to construct a few molotovs, if nothing else."

While we decide what to do, see if I can find the radiophone's frequency with my radio. Keep the volume low enough that the rotters can't hear it

It only takes a few moments to find the strongest signal-though, he is surprised the Rotter's radio is actually still working. It might be one of the long lasting types-running on solar or a mini-nuclear generator, or perhaps the Rotter knows to find batteries...her endless gabbling has no sense to him, though the pleading tone indicates a distress call no one will ever answer...except with a weapon, perhaps...it's worse listening close up, like this. Much worse.

He tries not to imagine the words he might be hearing-mother, father, please, help me-surely, nothing the thing says has any more meaning or sense, then the wind blowing in a hollow tree...still, it's undeniably, deeply, personally disturbing to listen to, and it gets worse the longer he does. He feels acutely that if he had to listen to it for too long, he'd seriously consider killing himself-ending this miserable existence-just to silence the screams echoing in his own mind.

It's that bad.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2015, 01:45:55 pm »

Remember the frequency, and change the one the radio is on

Chuck sniffs, and stows the radio. A long sigh precedes:

"Well, at least we know we have that option. We can look for gas, or see what happens when we make a noise in the radio. I'd rather we have a few people on guard if we do that, in case they notice us or something, but it could be a way to get past them without violence."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2015, 02:18:39 pm »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2015, 05:08:56 pm »

"Looks like there is a bridge, but it's in bad shape. I'm not gonna use it. Alright, lets see what we can collect. Watch my back."

Look quietly looks through the supplies, finding an empty cup, bottle, can, or other object that is capable of holding liquids without spilling. He then walks down the bridge-away from the Rotters-until they are out of sight. He then finds a car, preferably a large one, that is unlocked or has its doors left open. Don't want to break in a window right now, it would cause too much noise. He then opens the hood, pulling out his knife. He looks for a decently long tube, one that is intact, cutable with a knife, and doesn't look like it would murder him once he stabbed it. He carefully attempts to cut both ends cleanly. If successful up to this point, he opens the gas cap. He then plugs one end of the tube with his thumb, sucking the air out of the other end with his mouth then covering it. He then jabs one end down the tube as quickly as he can, placing the other into the container. If all goes well, it should keep the difference in pressure and suck whatever gasoline is in the tank out, like a fish-tank cleaner back when people could afford such things. If that is unsuccessful, he tries again. If still unsuccessful he keeps the tube and tries a different car. If it works on any car, he returns to the first while it is 'pumping' and attempts to remove the coolant tank from under the hood. If successful, he sets it aside. Then once the tank is empty, and there is a decent amount of gasoline, he starts going under the vehicles and collects oil in the gasoline containers. He repeats the process, using the same hose and getting new containers as needed, until he has enough for the puddle plan. Only go for the gasoline and oil of locked cars, the coolant isn't worth breaking into them for.

In short, collect gas, oil, and coolant from the abandoned cars.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2015, 06:31:25 pm »

Everett watches the zombies, rifle ready incase they notice the group.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2015, 06:31:44 pm »

Claire also watches.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2015, 06:32:23 pm »

Bernice also watches, clutching her golf club.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2015, 07:34:10 pm »

((I assume I'm meant to be making a noise then? if so...))

Tune the radio to the correct frequency, and scratch my fingers along the receiver to make a noise.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2015, 11:19:48 am »

While his allies keep a close watch on the Rotters, Luke Holliday goes a scavenge run...

If success is measured purely by effort, Luke is certainly a winner...Carolin, despite not being asked to, moves to help him out-being small, quick and clever-she often helps the group when scavenging, since she's no good in a fight otherwise and hates to be a burden.

((OOC: Remember, you can ask NPC allies to assist you-they will more or less always listen to any order that's not obviously suicidal.))

She helps him find a discarded plastic milk jug, and the bicycle tire tube and they both manage to collect a whole gallon of fuel...though, only after going through more than a dozen cars over a half hour time, each of them having been drained to the dregs by their previous owners.

By the time they they are finished, throats are filled with foulness from sucking down gas fumes, hands are blistered and raw, and their voice sounds like the static from Chuck's radio. It's hard work, but not without reward...

He's got the fuel. Precious stuff, a man might think, weighing it in two hands. Someone might remember when he perhaps used to complain about gas prices, like everybody else. Remember when it used to not mean anything-it was just something to do. Pumping gas, everyday. It wasn't life or death. Someone might remember...

"I remember when this used to be a lot easier." Carolin remarks.

Luke Gained: +1 Gallon of Gas (2 Load)

It's fortunate he was not interrupted, as his friends fill him in when he returns...

Making sounds on the radio seems to send the crying Rotter into some sort of frenzy-screaming and crying and pacing, making alot of noise and not much sense. She attracts the attentions of the other Rotters, even the slow ones-who seem unduly interested in her, though they do not approach at first. They gather around in a silent, stupid flock.

The party watches as the creatures mime human behavior-one of the larger rotter males bulls his way forward, seemingly demanding the radiophone-pointing and grunting, waving a cinderblock stained with something dark. The female rotter shields it away and hide it with her body, like a scared child hiding a toy from an abusive, drunken parent. What happens next is ugly-he attacks her with absolutely no hesitation, smashing her repeatedly with the cinder block-heavy, two handed strokes. Over and over again, without showing any sign of fatigue or strain. The female is unable or unwilling to fight back. It's not much of a fight. After the crunching and screaming is over, there's not much recognizable of the female rotter anymore-just something that looks like a discarded trashbag, filled with blood and shards of bone.

Having finished his task, the cinderblock rotter grunts in seeming satisfaction, and goes back to the wall of smashed and burned cars, looking for a way in once more-despite being covered in gore. He begins hammering on the metal again, perhaps knowing he'll get through...eventually...

The radiophone lies discarded and forgotten by the female rotters corpse, rendering the entire gruesome tableau a black comedy.

Spoiler: NPC Allies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke Holiday (Stirk) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 01:32:39 pm by Dwarmin »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2015, 11:43:41 am »

Chuck sniffs and gazes into the middle distance for a moment.

"Well... I guess that means there's one less of them to deal with.

Does uh... anyone want me to try that again?"
he asks, grimacing slightly.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2015, 04:15:24 pm »

While his allies keep a close watch on the Rotters, Luke Holliday goes a scavenge run...

"I remember when this used to be a lot easier." Carolin remarks.

"No lines, no credit cards, and my old truck hasn't broken down five feet from the pump yet. Lateral move if you ask me."

"Prometheus has returned to give Fire to man! The plan was a success on our end. Since none of you have been eaten alive, I'll assume you where successful too. Two gallons should be enough for the next part. Before we pool it, does anyone have something to light it with? We might have to start another fire just to light this one..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2015, 04:24:49 pm »

((OOC: To note, you may not have 'box of matches' listed in your inventory but you do have 'supplies'-they act as the same thing. You expend supplies to gain basic equipment, like food/water, firestarting material, ammunition etc. So don't be afraid to pull lighter fluid out of your butt, hopefully with a nice story about where you got it from. :P ))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2015, 04:42:51 pm »

"One less rotter to deal with. I s'pose that's the important thing to take from what I tried.

As for something to light, no. If we're going to build a fire, we should do it out of sight of the rotters. Be silly to go to all the effort of taking them out if they notice us before we set the trap.

Might be a lighter or something in one of the cars? Car lighter maybe?
"

((I'm happy to expend one of my supply point things for a box of matches and tinder if no-one objects. Chuck's a scout, would probably want an easy way to start a fire.))

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7