Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Fear of whats next)  (Read 8325 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Decisions)
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 05:17:05 pm »

"I ain't sayin there is no food there. I'm saying there are better places to find food. Its like looking for a gun in a supermarket, maybe there is one there but its harder to find and ain't just sitting around. It looks like there is a town between here and the base, we'd have better luck looking for food there if that's what we are after. Probably weapons, too, if there is a police station or gun store."

((If Stirk is reading the map right, we are near a town known as East Point, with a town known as Aultica on the road between us and the Airbase. Its kinda hard to see towns on the map :/))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 05:48:26 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 07:13:16 pm »

"Well, if you're gonna be asking me, we should definitely go to check the island out. If there's a shot at us getting out of this hellhole, I think we should take it."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 04:10:44 pm »

((DON'T DIE AGAIN ALREADY!!!))

"Alright, we ain't animals. Lets put this to a vote, that good with everyone? All in favor of going to the Airport, raise your right hand. All opposed, raise your left."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 04:11:46 pm »

Claire quietly raises her right hand.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 04:12:42 pm »

Everett puts up his right hand.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 04:31:36 pm »

Max raises both.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 05:38:16 pm »

Chuck raises his right hand.

"We should go to the airport. At least until we get more intel."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 05:56:11 pm »

((Alright, so Airport wins no matter what wipeout1024. Porkins hasn't shown up yet, and dogs don't get votes anyway  :P. I'll assume that the NPCs aren't registered voters. Wipeout already said he wants to go to the airbase anyway, kinda.))

Luke counts up the votes in his head, looking at everyone's hands.

"Counting mine for nay, the rights outnumber the lefts. Looks like we are goin' to the Airbase then. Well, lets get going. Its within walking distance, shouldn't take too long."

Luke begins packing up, then sets off toward the airport with the others.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 07:15:03 pm »

Bernice puts up her right hand, and then gets to help packing up.
"Yeah, I think that's the right choice. So, I guess, let's get to it.
((Also, he?))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:56:11 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2015, 07:19:38 pm »

Chuck packs his things up, then helps any stragglers stow away their stuff. Takes up the rear when they all get going.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2015, 10:47:48 pm »

"If anyone needs extra space, plenty in the bag. Least for now, anyways."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2015, 02:14:03 pm »

Fiddle with the radio, going up and down the frequencies around the message in as small increments as possible to find a clearer signal.

Chuck often remembers school lessons about Earth history-if they were true, there was a time where men actually used orbital satellites to communicate with other men, all over the world, instantly...the Tarrak knocked those down not 24 hours into the first invasion, however. Since then, communication is limited to landlines (nearly all down now, in this part of the world) and radio devices like his.

He picks up the first clear signal on 92.5 FM. Some man is crying about his family, and playing dopey music from the distant, terrible past. His ancestors may have had some amazing technology, but their taste in music was questionable at best. It's a female vocalist on now-she's singing something about fireworks, and plastic bags and...how do you feel about being buried...da da da dee...After a hurricane comes a rainbow. It's all really quite depressing.

The group decided taking the risky journey the airport was the best bet. Traveling on the bridge is, at least, fairly straightforward-Chuck scouts ahead, as usual, checking under cars for 'grabbers'-sedentary Rotters who lie in wait for prey to get close-and, the party travels in a single file line, not speaking much, keeping an eye out. The bridge is in fairly good shape, at least to start, though it begins to degrade the further they go...eventually, they are checking where they step as well as what's in front of them.

Abandoned cars line the way, making travel slow-nearly all of them stripped of anything useful before their owners left on foot...it's easy to note that nearly all the cars face inward....

The first sign of trouble comes near the half-way point-where there is what looks to be a jumble of crashed, burned cars. Some sort of chain reaction explosion, a fire...and what was probably a deliberate attempt to barricade the roadway. There's something of a ladder located to one side that a man could use to climb over, thought it is laying on it's side.

In any case, they see their first sign of rotters in a few days, at least. A group of them-likely wandered the same way you did, then were trapped her like bugs in a pitcher plant, too single minded...too relentless...to ever consider going back.

Your basic Rotter is something of an paradox-they don't actually look rotten. If anything, they look healthier than any of you-the same thing that brought them to life keeps them from suffering long term damage or wounds, allows them to regenerate from nearly anything, but completely immolation...their wandering, twitching movement is always unnerving, not to mention the burnt yellow eyes-they are not slow and corpselike, but restless. Angry. Ready to tear someone to pieces. They'll even tear each other to pieces to get at a kill. The stronger ones, however, can lead the weaker ones and make them work together...

There's about a dozen of them, in front of you now. All your standard shamblers-no mutes or specs. They seem to have been blocked by the pile of wreckage. A few are relentlessly looking for a way through, climbing, bashing, whatever works. By the look of it, they've been at it for awhile. Others lie listlessly on the ground, or stare out at the ocean. A rotter that was a young woman jabs relentlessly at a black object in her hands that was probably a radiophone, looking lost and scared, making sobbing noises like a wounded bird-mimicking her last actions in life, trying to call someone for help maybe, lost in whatever thoughts Rotters have...the fresh blood on her hands, however, dries up any pity you might have-these ones that seem to retain emotions, that repeat their previous lives, are most violent if disturbed from their reverie.

Most are unarmed (thought the normal rotter is easily strong enough to kill a human being), but at least three have picked up tawdry weapons (a trailing car muffler, the broken end of a baseball bat, and a block of concrete) and are holding them in their dirty hands-from what you've all seen, the basic Rotters don't really so much as use weapons, as pick things up and forgot to put them down. They're just as likely to toss them aside as use them. An equal amount of men and women, no identifying marks or uniforms on them-most of them don't even have clothes, clothing no doubt scoured off their back by the sea storms.

It's pretty clear you will have to move them aside, though, it's possible you may be able to work your way under the bridge somehow.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:15:53 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 03:04:24 pm »

"Well there they are. Ain't that many of em, at least. For once we almost have equal number."

Holiday pulls out his pistol, flipping the safety and cocking it while speaking in a quite voice to avoid attracting attention.

"Lets avoid the water. Probably not too dangerous, but getting wet is horrible in any survival situation. I guess we can kill em, or distract em. Killin' em is probably best in the long run, but its loud and costly. We might be able to find gasoline in one of the tanks, or at least enough in all the tanks together to make somethin' that can burn them up. Maybe a Molotov, maybe just pouring it on them and hopin' for the best, maybe covering the ground with it and having 'em run through before we light a match. Dynamite and bullets would work too, if it gets down to it, but again we get back to loud-and-costly. Otherwise, we should find something that they follow. Some kinda decoy. We throw that off the bridge and they all follow, and we can pass. Lot more dangerous in the end, they might turn up later down the bridge where they are more dangerous. We'd also have to get close, and the only thing I can think of that would work as a decoy is the radio and us, and we have no rope that could be used to throw-and-recover. I vote gasoline..."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 03:16:14 pm »

"Isn't there normally matinece ladders to go under the bridge?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7