Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Fear of whats next)  (Read 8313 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Decisions)
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2015, 11:17:22 pm »

Max, for what it's worth, rushed off to the side of the bridge when he saw the first strike from the cementer towards the radio zed girl. Slightly weird, given he doesn't normally have a problem with women getting hit.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2015, 10:52:36 am »

Bernice quickly glances at the remains of the female rotter, and just as quickly turns away, covering her mouth with her hand. "I know she's already one of the zombies, but still! It's just so...inhumane!"
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2015, 05:07:32 pm »

"One less rotter to deal with. I s'pose that's the important thing to take from what I tried.

As for something to light, no. If we're going to build a fire, we should do it out of sight of the rotters. Be silly to go to all the effort of taking them out if they notice us before we set the trap.

Might be a lighter or something in one of the cars? Car lighter maybe?
"

((I'm happy to expend one of my supply point things for a box of matches and tinder if no-one objects. Chuck's a scout, would probably want an easy way to start a fire.))

((Total supplies: ~13
We should have enough to spend on a fire source without starving to death. The problem with using cars to start fire is that they usually use electricity, like spark plugs and car lighters. Separating them from the car makes it difficult to use them to start fires, unless we connected it to the radio or something. Anyway, go for it  :P))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2015, 05:16:20 pm »

Expend a supply point for a box of matches and some tinder.

Chuck digs around in his pack, eventually emerging with a box of matches which he throws gently toward Luke.

"Fire away, son. Heheheheh..."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2015, 05:18:04 pm »

Claire watches. She really doesn't have much to contribute to this.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2015, 05:54:50 pm »

Luke nods, taking the two gallons of gasoline and pours them on the ground a fair distance in front of the group in what looks like a good place to do it. He makes the largest puddle possible, moving the milk jugs around as he pours, walking the length of the bridge. As he finished he moves back toward the group, making sure he didn't trail any gasoline to himself.

"Alright. Everyone get ready, if the fire misses any we are going to have to do this the old-fashioned way. Apparently, the Rotter already offed one of themselves, a bit more noise and blood won't hurt at this point."

Luke takes out his handgun, carefully aiming at whatever Rotter looks furthest away from the group.

"Three, two, one..."

Luke pulls the trigger.

Make the pool, shoot a Zombie.

((...Lukes next plans will probably have to involve a bigger group  :-\. No point doing everything solo))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2015, 01:29:27 pm »

Make the pool, shoot a Zombie.

Grit Test
[9]+2+1=12 (Success!)

After setting his gas trap, Luke takes a casual shooters stance (making sure to have those matches ready to go in his pocket) and fires off a ringing round at a random target-one of the slower, easier targets-he strikes it in the head, and the thing falls to the ground, without a shriek of complaint.

10 rotters to go

There is no roars of anger, or warning-as soon as they hear the shot-the Rotters pivot with eerie, mechanical synchronized motion, and spot Luke standing there. Then they begin to walk...slower, at first, then faster...relentless. All their eyes are on him. Mouths open and close. He can hear their teeth clicking...not sure if these things are really hungry...but, they know how to chew...

The first of them steps into the gasoline. It pools against the bony spurs of a foot bare of flesh.

Spoiler: NPC Allies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke Holiday (Stirk) (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Fire at will!)
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2015, 01:40:26 pm »

Chuck gets his hatchet ready, just in case, and addresses Luke.

"Composure is key. Wait until we can get more than one of them in the fire."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2015, 03:02:01 pm »

"I really hope this doesn't just result in a pack of angry burning zombies."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2015, 06:31:59 pm »

Luke takes a deep breath, putting his gun back on his belt. He then takes off his bandanna, putting it around his nose and mouth in an attempt to avoid the possibly toxic smoke that was about to come his way. Hoping that gave him enough time for a group to form in his trap, he removes the match box and gets ready to strike.

Chuck gets his hatchet ready, just in case, and addresses Luke.

"Composure is key. Wait until we can get more than one of them in the fire."

"...You should have grabbed the matches instead of me. I coulda shot that one while you waited in my position. Speaking of which, you guys can plink one or two off while we are waiting. Not gonna get angry here."

"I really hope this doesn't just result in a pack of angry burning zombies."

"Burning zombies are the best zombies. Besides, we outnumber 'em now. Whats the worse thing that could happen?"

Once a group forms, if most of them get in the puddle, or if they get too close for comfort, light em up. Luke strikes the match tossing it into the puddle before stepping back. Another is quickly prepared, and follows its brother if the whole thing doesn't ignite as planned.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2015, 07:39:51 pm »

Everett takes a shot at the nastiest one, aiming to disable them while in the trap.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2015, 06:42:43 am »

Bernice takes a deep breath, and raises up her golf club, ready to strike.

"Even if we're not ready, here they come."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2016, 07:23:08 pm »

Max raises his axe.
"Well, my appetite is gone, but might as well kill some commies."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Claws and biting)
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2016, 12:46:08 pm »

*...spark...spark...spark...*

Luke may take a moment to think (always a bad idea, times like these) at the thrown together, slapdash nature of this plan-the fact lives might depend on if he can strike a match at the right time...if the gas goes up just right...if the fire will spread...it's all on his shoulders...

Luke's Gut check=[12]+0=12 (Success)

He can bury his fear down, deep in a dark hole if he wants. It's nothing he hasn't done before. His brother would understand...the need to act. He can be strong. Stay frosty. Luke perhaps touches his dogtags once, for luck, and strikes the match.

The fire is alot fiercer than he would have imagined-the flames blooming up brilliantly, lighting the sleeve of his shirt on fire, and only frantic patting keeps it from spreading. The ensuing firestorm chars at least four more Rotters to twittering heaps of smoked meat and shuddering bones...the others, however, charge though, though none are uncooked-he managed to get them all.

4 Rotters killed! (6 remain)

Everett's rifle cracks sharply as he aims at the cinderblock carrying rotter...

Everett's Grit check=[1]+2=3 (Fail! ZM move incoming...)

His 22. bullet hits it dead on in the knee (no more adventuring for this one)...but, Rotters don't exactly feel pain. It just keeps going, as if he was throwing softballs. It doesn't even slow down. For the dozenth time, he wishes he had hunted elephants or tigers, rather than squirrels and deer.

The six smoking, burning Rotters break into a sprint-or a lurch, as it were-as soon as they clear the flames.

Bernice is on the pitch...a burning rotter shambles toward her, arms wide for a hug!

Bernice's Grit check=[11]-1=10 (Success!)

She winds up (just like she's practiced) and hits a Rotter so hard their head spins around-literally, afterwards falling off their neck. With a look of perhaps disdain, she watches the headless, flailing rotter turn about and walk over the side of the bridge.

Rotter killed! (5 remain)

Max isn't one to be left out of the action!

Max's Grit check=[2]+1=3 (Fail! ZM move incoming...)

He is daunted, however, by the flames of the rotters-he can fight monsters, but fire? No way! It's easier to back away...let them burn up...right? Either way, Max gives ground...and he lives to rue it.

Chuck and Claire, frozen in fear, just stand and watch everything happen.

Allies

Doug [12] blows the closest rotters clean head clean off with a sharp crack from his revolver. He gives Everett a slightly depreciating smile after, as if to say 'that's how it's done'

1 Rotter killed! (4 remain)

Trond [8] does what he usually does-wade in front, slashing his axe with fury and purpose...[2][6] showing a surprising amount of agility for a man of his size, he dances around one of the faster rotters, before taking out it's legs in one upper swing-and spiking it's head on his downswing. He seems entirely unafraid of the flames.

1 Rotter killed! (3 remain)

Millie [2] faces her fear much like Max...she gives ground rather than close and strike, afraid of being burned. Fire is a primal fear.

===========
Hostiles

The few remaining rotters strike back with anger-maybe more that you have interrupted their routine, than anything else.

[11]-1=10 One of the Laggard ones goes for Max, his retreating motions giving it encouragement-it leaps...and rotted, bony, burning claws slash at his arms and face. One gets through, thankfully drawing more stars than blood-he's knocked silly for a moment...

Max's Gut check=[5]+2=7 (Partial Success)

The American hero feels gasoline flames creeping up his favorite jacket and goes berserk patting the flames wildly. His composure is shaken...not to mention his dignity. At least he managed not to be lit on fire. That's good.

Max takes 1 flesh wound! He is also 'Rattled'-he takes -1 on his next action!

[3] The Cinderblock Rotter goes for Luke, perhaps having some dim idea of his guilt in all of this. Luke remembers what happened to the female rotter, however-he spins on his heels at just the right time, and dodges a badly aimed swipe before it can take his head off.

[8] The Last Rotter (a fast one) sprints for Claire with an something resembling an evil sneer...or maybe it just looks that way because his lips are partially fused together on his face...[5][9]

Doug charges in from the side, taking the brunt of the attack for her. Claws move with eerie swiftness-one snips the jacket from his body, and the other flashes toward his eyes-Doug ducks in time, but he takes a minor wound. Hopefully it won't be infected...

There are only three left, finish them off!

Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Allies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke Holiday (Stirk) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:51:47 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Claws, flame and biting)
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2016, 12:54:47 pm »

Max strikes back with his axe. Damn Rotterdam getting his jacket singed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7