Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Fear of whats next)  (Read 8314 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Claws, flame and biting)
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2016, 12:56:52 pm »

Attack the rotter attacking Doug, using the hatchet while screaming like a banshee
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2016, 12:58:45 pm »

Everett drags out his knife and goes after the one that went after Claire.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2016, 01:25:20 pm »

Claire unfroze as the Rotter ran at her. Hit it with the pipe if it gets close enough before Everett gets it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2016, 01:29:30 pm »

((Looks like Luke is the MC after all :p))

Luke chucks the matches to the side, quickly filling his hand with his pistol. He fires from the hip, banking on practice and instinct to hit an opponent close enough to touch.

Shoot the cinderblock guy!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2016, 07:26:01 pm »

Bernice rushes in to defend Doug, and swinging her golf club.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2016, 12:24:25 pm »

Max comes in from the side, growling in anger at the scent of melted leather. Though rattled with fear, he manages to keep his head...

Max's Grit check=[11]+2-1=11 (Success!)

His axe neatly severs the cinder-block wielders arms as they raise the block over it's head. The resulting corpse is then knocked to the ground, and beheaded.

However, the severed hands still clench the cinderblock, twitching...

Rotter killed..? (2 Remain)

Chuck screams very loudly. They teach you that in the army.

Max's Grit check=[8]-1=7 (Partial Success~Counter attack!)

The Rotter called a 'Hazard' is creepy fast-almost too fast to handle. No survivor likes fighting them up right up close, since they can tear you to shreds even as you take them down...as Chuck learns. Even after he's copied Max's maneuver and removed the creatures braincase, the headless corpse still tackles him, and gets in some good slashes to his face (Hazards always go for the eyes) before he can shove it off and over the bridge, with a shudder.

He watches a bit of his blood drip in his hand and gets to thinking. Knows open wounds can cause infection...worse, the more you get it...blood to blood contact is the usual method of transmission...

A small voice in his hand asks coldly-Did you get any of it in your mouth?

Chuck takes 1 flesh wound!

Quick battle!

Everett, 2
Claire, 6
Luke, 8
Bernice, 7!

When both pipe and knife fail, Luke's handgun and Bernice's golfclub down the last Rotter-though Bernice bashes another Rotter to bits, it still manages to slug her on the face and bloody her nose before it goes down. Ow.

Bernice takes 1 flesh wound!

The Rotters are done...more or less. It's safest to pitch them over the side of the bridge, and that's just what the group does.

After a few minutes, nothing is left-but bleeding wounds, old stains, shaken nerves...and the way forward.

All that's to find of the Rotters remains is that battered hand radio, still lying on the ground in a pool of oddly shiny, rotter Blood...

Spoiler: Scavenge (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Allies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke Holiday (Stirk) (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Fear of whats next)
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2016, 12:59:09 pm »

"See? Like I said, it was no problem. Now lets hurry up to that airport, I ain't too fond of this bridge. No way to go around anything safely."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2016, 01:01:48 pm »

Chuck spits over the side of the bridge

"Damn things... Let's get movin'"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2016, 01:35:45 pm »

"Shall we bandage what wounds we have while moving or before we start?"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2016, 03:37:28 pm »

"I-I could probably patch some people up..." Claire stutters out. She was holding the pipe like her life depended on it, still feeling the adrenaline.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2016, 03:42:30 pm »

"I-I could probably patch some people up..." Claire stutters out. She was holding the pipe like her life depended on it, still feeling the adrenaline.

"Then what do you think, Doctor? Heal now or get moving and heal later? I don't want to stay on this bridge until nightfall. I don't think we fought long enough to attract any more, and we disposed of the bodies well enough, but it isn't something I want to risk if we can help it."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2016, 03:46:34 pm »

"It might take a bit of time... so yeah, we should probably get somewhere we know is safe, first."
Sigtext!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2016, 01:41:35 am »

Bernice tried to wipe her nose with her hand, and then turned to Claire.
"Well, if you need to help some people, you probably betta start with Max."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2016, 02:35:09 pm »

((OOC: It should be said, I need your guys actions in bold. Tho I guess in this case, there is a consensus to move forward.

Also, nobody picked up the radio...but, I suppose I'll let anybody add it to their inventory...))

The group quickly mounts the ladder, and passes the makeshift barricade-stepping carefully over the mangled hoods of cars-not wishing to linger around the sight of the slaughter. Noise, blood, sweat-these things attract the attention of Rotters...

After that, you can only move forward.

The only sight worth noting aftewards, is smack dab in the middle of the bridge, a few miles out-the blocky sort of cannon emplacement that is a stark reminder of the war humanity just 'won'-laid out in an artificial island. Though now it lies dark and disused (it's barrel, large as a jumbo jet, points toward the infinitely permeable sky) these things once were all that kept humanity from extinction. Called Ultra-Orbital-Defense-Emplacements, or just 'nodes', with the first letter flipped (humans like things easy), they could defend against both incoming Tarrak ships, and mere rocks flung from the belt to strike the Earth's surface-a surprisingly effective strategy, and one the Tarrack could do with terrifying accuracy. Needless to say-it took alot of power even to fire these monsters even once. In the richest provinces, they were powered 24-7 by rings of Fusion power plants. In place like this, they were drilled deep enough into the Earth to draw power from thermal sources-never mind the Earthquakes and tidal waves they had to generate miles around, even to fire a single time. In the poorest countries, such as some in Africa, they literally rigged an entire countries energy generation-everything they could get-to power even one, and then not very long-usually to defend a tightly packed 'safety zone'-outside of which, the Tarrak slaughtered and abducted unheeded. When the Tarrak learned Humanity was propping hundreds of these Nodes up like so many ants rebuilding a kicked over dirt mound, they began a lengthy and ugly ground war...

The irony that the place might make a good home, is not unheard of in your own thoughts-but, it's just as likely suicide to even approach one. Humans could never operate such a building without extensive protection, and most of them were run by automated processes instead-some of those defenses, might still be in place. Unless you want to get baked by nuclear radiation or some sort of guardbots, you know well enough to stay far away. One wonders if the Rotters stay away, as well...

The rest of the afternoon is fairly quiet-nothing but the sloshing of waves, and the occasional cry of seabirds. Approaching the mainland of Pellie island is a disheartening sight, however-it looks like the end of the bridge, where there was once a toll booth, was the sight of some terrible battle. Another makeshift barricade-military cargo supply boxes, sandbags, and metal sheets-was here, but has been violently blasted away.

Judging by the litter of empty shell casings, pockmarked and blasted darkened stone-and the burnt out supply trucks behind it-it was probably between two groups of humans-not rotters. One group was apparently trying to force their way on the island...since the headway seems clear of any defenders, living or dead, they were probably successful.

Chuck, the only one with any military experience, can make some assumption. First, this is a terrible defensive position. Further back would have been just as well-enough to space out all your men along the front. BY concentrating men along the tollroad-probably using a line of rifles and small arms like they did in the civil war-all they did was corral their own people into a narrow corridor, limiting any potential advantage of numbers, or surprise. Any attackers would have seen them from miles away, and if they had the firepower (judging by the destruction, they did-he notes what can only be machine gun stippling along the barricade, and the explosions of rocket propelled grenades) they were raining it down on the poor schmucks before they knew what hit them...

...he's been seeing these sort of brainless tactics (and the ensuing carnage) alot lately-what his old buddies would no doubt have called 'hollywood strategy'. It's the sort of thing armchair strategists might use with a lifetime of experience watching dopey action movies. It's surprising, really, with how long humanity had been at war that so few people actually know how to fight-then again, not many people had to, right? A great many people were very far from the war, or at least they could pretend to be...

They had people like Chuck to do the fighting for them, after all.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~aleskiw/maps/images/PI2005.jpg

Evening begins to fall as the directions are once again consulted. If you're all set on heading to Wilson Air Force Base, well there's a few ways to go about it.

Down highway 47, to Highway 3 is the most direct route...with the small problem that someone seems to have blown up the bridge leading there-perhaps the victors, or the losers, of the aforementioned battle-and the stones tumble some distance into an ugly looking gorge-there are things moving down there....It'll be a short trip, over some rough terrain-Northern Aultica country is hilly, wet, lots of small pools, rivers and scrubby trees. Probably not possible to get lost, as long as you keep the ocean in view.

Aultica Falls is a little further on-you can make out the dim outline of what is probably some sort of dam (seems intact) from your vantage point here. Assuming it is intact, there's a possibility-a strong possibility-that someone is keeping it that way. Unless they've been blown away as well...all these narrow routes make you all nervous, to be honest. Not much room to run. Not much room to get by, if something is a bit too much for you to handle. And what if something comes up behind you...?

Further on, the map shows a route 18 that should lead you directly to the AFB-that's a bit further out of the way, but it's a road, not a bridge or highway. It's probably intact and less likely to be watched or guarded...but, it's not out of the question.

South leads to lower, flatter country-Southern Aultica is pretty nice looking in comparison, a regular American Dream-though this one has probably more in tune with a nightmare. It's all Beachfront property. Nice houses, big yards. You can see them even from here.

It there was more people, though...there are more rotters, very likely...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:36:47 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2016, 03:01:21 pm »

Chuck sniffs while pondering his options

"Direct route's as good as any other. Gets my vote."

Fiddles with the radiophone that appears in his hands, then offers it to anyone else willing to take it.

"We need to split up at some point, this'll come in handy. Can keep in touch with my radio and this one."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7