Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 772071 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...
« Reply #26115 on: April 26, 2016, 08:48:28 am »

((And you need an up to date sheet and I don't see that.))
((I gave one to the GMs, they're not doing anything with it.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26116 on: April 26, 2016, 11:26:06 am »

Arcana Empress: Polarity Boostes Strike on the Protective Lexy!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26117 on: April 26, 2016, 12:46:05 pm »

"Lookin' good Anna!"

"While I'm out, you all should explore Seattle, it's really a good place. Check out some of the food or shopping or entertainment. And I now some of y'all have projects where you need weapons or materials or things like that, so you should look around. You'd be surprised at what you could get around here, they have  stuff you can't find on the space station. I'm gonna' head to the station and see if I can catch the next railcar."
Aesford waves to his compatriots as he walks off. Above the party, a quadcopter carrying more Peacekeepers flies by.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26118 on: April 26, 2016, 01:42:53 pm »

Lupapon looks for a book on football basics, might as well figure out how the sport is played.

The rest scatter aimlessly, likely looking for small jobs to do, all of them plan to meet back up with Aesford after trying to gather resources.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #26119 on: April 26, 2016, 02:16:50 pm »

Evridiki surveyed the situation; her HUD wasn't alerting her of any injuries particularly critical, so her course of action was obvious: end the fight. So Evridiki raised her saw, waited for the grenades and bullets to clear, and if the hawk thing was still alive at that point she let out a snarl and charged, aiming to cut into the monster.
Same ol' drill: Robust! and basic attack, now on the Hawk.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26120 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:49 pm »

TEAM THEME OVERRIDE:
~Haruka's Theme (Voile The Magic Library)~
~Simuna's Theme (Crystalized Silver)~
~Victoria's Theme (Magia)~
~Evridiki's Theme~
~Kamakiri's Theme (Full Force)~

As the hawk monster flies towards Simuna, the sniper becomes resigned to her fate for the briefest of moments.

For a moment, the battlefield stops. Penelope, Idou and everyone else running towards her stop. The hawk stops. Simuna Valkoinen, at last, feels the same fear that her victims did, for the briefest of moments, before her well-placed shots ended their lives. At last, the White Death faces her own, not at the hands of some enemy soldier, but from the flames of an inhuman monster. She could feel the heat emanating from it. The flames melting away the snow her device had brought.

She clings to thoughts of the homeland, in the hope that that would be enough to help her escape. To avoid the fire. To avoid death like she had done so many other times.

And then she hears the loudest Russian cursing she ever heard. And time resumes.

Yamal is suddenly in front of Simuna, taking the hawk's talons on the chest dead-on. The shipgirl feels the talons pierce her skin, but her bulk is more than enough to tank the attack. Victoria is second on the scene, jumping up behind it and pelting it with lead shots, inducing screeches of agony. Yamal latches on to its leg, hurling it onto a nearby statue, hurling it over the Puella Magi who ducks in time to avoid being caught by it. The statue shatters under the impact, and is further broken as Wilson's grenade throws aside the monster into the Russian icebreaker's path. Seeing an opportunity, Yamal decides that she isn't done yet. With the rage building from her injuries, the icebreaker slides behind the beast and picks up the hawk monster from behind, holding it up!

Victoria, Haruka and Wilson then unload as much ammunition into it as possible, as gunlances, crossbow bolts, plasma and laser shots empty themselves into the hawk. It struggles to blast its attackers with heat, but with its wings pinned by Yamal, it's unable to do anything but struggle as Asuka unleashes a multitude of slashes into the monster, Parov Stelar's powers boosting the rapid speed.

Asuka immediately moves aside to watch Evridriki impale the beast on her saw, the medic's strong hands thrusting the blade straight through. The hawk screeches at her face, but Evridiki is unfazed, until it kicks her in the gut, shoving her aside to attempt to escape, only for-
"Sealing Gate: Aphid Swarm!"
Thousands upon thousands of tiny aphid appendages grab the hawk's limbs from midair, as the mantis Rider glares at it, pointing one of her weapons at it. They nod at Simuna, who takes aim.

One.

Two.

Three.

Bang.

The shot lands this time, the ice spreading from the point of impact and freezing the creature solid, cutting off its final cry. The appendages pull it away into some unknown fate, leaving its destiny unknown.

The last mooks are handled as Contagion finishes one more, and the black mist fades into the wind.
Battle over.

Everyone who participated gets 25XP.

Finally, the journalist returns with his roommate. The man looks pretty unassuming; small, scruffy beard, a white shirt and black jeans. He adjusts his glasses.
"......you guys here about some imitation belt, right?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26121 on: April 26, 2016, 03:31:14 pm »

The droid merely stares at the technologist for now, inquiring with the Force about them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26122 on: April 26, 2016, 03:32:56 pm »

The Force......is about as helpful as it can be. Which is to say, this guy probably doesn't know a damn thing about what the belts are for really and is probably nothing to worry about.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26123 on: April 26, 2016, 03:33:15 pm »

Wilson runs over to everyone, seemingly to congratulate them, but he just stands there in joyful silence.
His robot floats over and then disappears.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26124 on: April 26, 2016, 03:34:09 pm »

"Yes.  We are inquiring about a belt.  Do not put it on."
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26125 on: April 26, 2016, 03:35:51 pm »

((...You know, this whole thing with the 6AR asking the force for everything is getting annoying. I can't imagine how annoying it is for Elf. And that is not how the Force works.))

Victoria goes to the non-Penelope Armored Riders(s?). "You ok?" she asks. She also takes a look at her Soul Gem to see it's current condition; she'd been in a few consecutive fights, so it's worth checking.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26126 on: April 26, 2016, 03:37:34 pm »

((On the other hand, I can get my petty revenge by just outright lying if this Force-thing is abused. But I'm sure I don't need to do that.))
Penelope immediately runs over to check on Wilson.
"Are you alright? ....is everyone alright?"

The other Riders present are simply surveying the damage. The ogre Rider looks over at her, before he chuckles.
"I'll live. I've had worse beatings."

The Soul Gem is slightly blackened.

"Give it here. I may know a few things about it. I wasn't one of Doctor Toshiba's coworkers, but now and again, I work for defense companies who're attempting to replicate the technology. After all, he's not the first one to come up with this thing. Just the first guy to make it easy to mass-produce."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26127 on: April 26, 2016, 03:39:59 pm »

Victoria bites her lip. Should be fine for now; she only has so many Grief Seeds right now. She puts it away and looks back to the rider. "It's worth checking." Victoria says, whatever wounds she might have gained already closing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26128 on: April 26, 2016, 03:41:06 pm »

The knight Rider is himself leaning on his sword as the mantis Rider helps him up. The ogre Rider sighs, looking around at everyone else.
"Heh. So. That was a good fight!

I guess you guys are a bunch of new heroes, right?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #26129 on: April 26, 2016, 03:41:06 pm »

Evridiki rolls up from where she'd been kicked down, and spits on the ground before grinning, albeit holding her stomach some. "Hah! Not even literal fucking monsters can stop us. 's a good sign if I've ever seen one."
She proceeded to almost casually half-dose herself with Tricordrazine, sweeping the battleground, looking with her implants to see if any of her comrades were currently injured.
Also, she then turned to the mantis rider, and extended a hand.
"Well, I don't have time to get going on a full conversation here, considering I'm going to have medic stuff to do, but that was pretty righteous. Thanks for having my back."
Pages: 1 ... 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 ... 1862