Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Communism Simulator Mafia | Game Over - Scum win  (Read 28633 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | Down With the Democrats! (11/11)
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2015, 06:25:22 pm »

ed in?

Fillipk - Dosen't get a question from me
Flabort - Why didn't you ask yourself a question?
Is joke you are making, yes? Question was asked of myself, and answered with another question. Here is evidence that question was asked:
Flabort Why are you always such a clever bastard?
Who says I am? Are they saying I am from democracy where being clever bastard is good thing?
And no, only person thinking I am clever is now me, and clever bastard is not bad thing. I can use cleverness to benefit other commies, and help town.
This was good excersize in finding evidence, FillipK.

flabort: What's your opinion of the fact that communists can't vote for the person whose vote they control?  Do you think we'll be able to make use of it to prove who's a true communist?
I did not consider this aspect. I suppose it means if there's a tie vote even today, day 1, it could still on the off chance confirm one or two townies. If there is two votes each on let's randomly pick roo and me, and Roo is lynched, I for example would be living confirmed town (roo would also be confirmed, but dead). And one of the two people voting me would have to be town in charge of my vote.
This is far more valuable to town for confirming votes than the other method because it means we can maybe confirm one today (or do a no-lynch if we are unlucky). Just let's not get a three-way tie, that increases odds of no-lynch.

Oh, and if we agree to this plan, we need to pich two people to put on the block, and if someone breaks the tie last second they would be scum.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2015, 06:34:55 pm »

Megggas - Pick one person in this game, just pick one.
Ok, I pick you, fillipk.

fillipk:  What did you learn from my question?

flabort: What's your opinion of the fact that communists can't vote for the person whose vote they control?  Do you think we'll be able to make use of it to prove who's a true communist?
Megggas I learned stuff also, your plan sounds awful, I'm okay with volunteering, the only problem I see is that one of the people voting for the other person could have my vote so its not reliable at all.  I vote we just keep scum hunting and win that way.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia (11/11)
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2015, 07:05:30 pm »

Ok, let's see...

flabort
Deus Asmoth Do you prefer to play as scum or town? Does your play style better fit either team?
I prefer being scum to be honest. I'd say that my playstyle suits the bad guys better overall, but I don't have my results on hand to see if that's true or not. If having one potato and stranger is offer second potato, what are doing?

fillipk
Deus Asmoth - Do you have time to play this game, if so who is scum, me, ATH, or Jiokuy?
Well, based off that question alone my reaction would be that you are, since you're framing it in a way that implies one of the three of you must be scum despite eight other players being in the game, all of whom are legitimate candidates from scumosity. If you got lynched and did flip scum, I'd probably then assume that one of ATH or Jiokuy are also scum and that this was a distancing attempt by you.

Based off the rest of the game, I'm currently a bit suspicious of ATH because of the number of times he's changed his vote.

Arcvasti, does two people voting for someone count as a bandwagon, particularly so early on in the game?

OSG: if a commie is voting for the person whose vote they control (and therefore it won't count), will that vote still show up on the votecount as if it mattered?

ATH: How does voting for someone, then immediately voting for someone else in your next post apply any pressure to them, especially when you haven't asked them any questions that might give you an insight into their alignment?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2015, 07:46:13 pm »

OSG: if a commie is voting for the person whose vote they control (and therefore it won't count), will that vote still show up on the votecount as if it mattered?
Yes, it will appear on all vote counts as if it mattered. However, that missing vote will not be taken into account for the actual lynch.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2015, 09:15:04 pm »

Arcvasti, does two people voting for someone count as a bandwagon, particularly so early on in the game?

It doesn't, really. It seemed vaguely suspicious, which is more then anyone else had going for them. 's still RVS and its not really a high-intensity vote, but I'm still somewhat leary of them. In any case, mildly informed voting is better then uninformed voting for starting a dialogue. If I RVSed for someone that I had zero reason to think scum, that would be sillier then RVSing someone who MIGHT be scum

^The above applies to fillipk's question about what I think of ATH, as well.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2015, 09:18:51 pm »

@filipk I wouldn't really call it a gambit. I was suspicious of you at first. I saw what you were saying, but you have to recognize that everyone moves out of rvs differently and something significant has to happen (not that significant) for everyone to be out of rvs. Do I consider the vote hops annoying? Yes. Do I think it is scummy not really. Will I vote him ifnit continues? Probably.

Do I think filipk moving from one person to another without even letting the first answer? A bit, but nothing has happened. I can't blame filipk for being eager. In fact that makes me think he is town. Hence the unvote. But I think tactically that was a mistake. Meh whatever.

TnT you can go ahead and sheep me now. This guy is scum.
I haven't moved on, if you noticed I asked Jiokuy the same question and my vote is still on him, he hasn't posted though and I want to be active and ask questions.  I expanded my questions, haven't decided who to focus on yet.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2015, 09:49:38 pm »

Ok, let's see...

flabort
Deus Asmoth Do you prefer to play as scum or town? Does your play style better fit either team?
I prefer being scum to be honest. I'd say that my playstyle suits the bad guys better overall, but I don't have my results on hand to see if that's true or not. If having one potato and stranger is offer second potato, what are doing?
Am asking state whether stranger, myself, or another party is in need of potatoes more, then following states instructions with both potatoes.
If I already am having instructions beforehand concerning what to do with second potatoe, provided they come from the state, then I am skipping the step where I ask for instruction and follow direction.
The Cyan Menace

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2015, 10:35:55 pm »

Jiokuy why did you shoot my Father?!?
Though you may have seen him as a kind old man. He was an agent of the financial institutes that have oppressed us for so long.
I will never regret purging such corruption from our blessed nation. Paradise does not come without sacrifice. In death all men are truly equal.

@flabort: If we are arranging three even wagons D2, how would you, if you were scum, disrupt the validity of this method? (Without using the vote chaos power)

@fillipk: They say the apple does not fall far from the tree. Do your loyalties lie with the green granny smith apple of capitalism, like your father? Your family lost much in the glorious revolution.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2015, 10:44:36 pm »

Yes, you may use whatever color you want as long as it is not red.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2015, 11:01:59 pm »

@flabort: If we are arranging three even wagons D2, how would you, if you were scum, disrupt the validity of this method? (Without using the vote chaos power)

First option is to break the tie. This has the fault of revealing your hand, so the second option is to get someone else to break it; possibly by convincing them that the strategy is invalid or by getting them to OMGUS one of the people voting them. Personally I'd take that option by working the novices and weakening their resolve. Third option is to disable the strategy by making it impossible to confirm anyone; by a N1 no-lynch, or otherwise manipulating the numbers so that there cannot be even vote-counts.

As town, I also would recomend that if we can agree on 3 suspects, we don't let each person pick their own vote on the wagon, because the scum would otherwise join the same wagon, forcing a succesful lynch on a townie, no chance of hitting scum, and reducing our odds of confirming one of the people on another wagon.
The Cyan Menace

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2015, 05:41:19 pm »

Hello everyone! Sorry for being absent for so long. I'll get right on answering questions and such right away.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2015, 05:55:51 pm »

(Pfp)

So, it looks like ATH and fillipk are tied with 2 votes each at the moment.

AbstractTraitorHero:  How do you feel about both Arcvasti and Deus Asmoth voting for you?

Fillipk:  How do you feel about both Jiokuy and myself voting for you?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2015, 06:19:13 pm »

Votecount
Fillipk (2) Megggas, Jiokuy
AbstractTraitorHero (2) Arcvasti, Deus Asmoth
TheDarkStar (1) Flabort
roo (1) AbstractTraitorHero
Jiokuy (1)  Fillipk
Tntey (1) roo

Not voting: TheDarkStar, Tntey, Silthuri.

Tntey has been prodded and unresponsive for 24 hours. He is now available to be replaced.

Day ends on Friday at 6:30 Central - about 25 hours from now

Please inform me of any mistakes.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:49:59 pm by origamiscienceguy »

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2015, 06:44:33 pm »

Flabort:
Silthuri Woo! What's it like coming back after an absence?
Thus far, it's pretty okay. I kinda missed it.

Fillipk:
Silthuri -  What is the most memorable game you've played in?
Hmm... that would have to be Smstr with Love. It was my first bastard game and it was quite interesting.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | REPLACEMENT NEEDED (11/11)
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2015, 07:36:01 pm »

@osg:  I think roo was voting for tntey.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16