Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Communism Simulator Mafia | Game Over - Scum win  (Read 28613 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | REPLACEMENT NEEDED (11/11)
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2015, 07:49:56 pm »

@osg:  I think roo was voting for tntey.
Thanks.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2015, 08:22:53 pm »

(Pfp)

So, it looks like ATH and fillipk are tied with 2 votes each at the moment.

AbstractTraitorHero:  How do you feel about both Arcvasti and Deus Asmoth voting for you?

Fillipk:  How do you feel about both Jiokuy and myself voting for you?
I do  understand where there coming from I do look suspicious but doesn't everyone look suspicious in one way if you look so.
Arc and deus what are all your reasons for voting me. Do you think I'm scum? Do you have any reads on others currently?
Me personally I don't have any real suspicions of anyone I need to start scum hunting harder so ill try and do this

Roo what are your reads on me? On Fillipk?
Those who are voting for him?
Those who are voting for me?
 The rest?
Who are people you think we should watch closely and try and pressure to get reads on first?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2015, 08:30:40 pm »

In one way if you look so is supposed to mean that everyone has at least one thing that makes them look scum and before you can build a solid argument you need to have multiple things to indicate that im scum so please provide those reasons.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2015, 08:32:09 pm »

In one way if you look so is supposed to mean that everyone has at least one thing that makes them look scum and before you can build a solid argument you need to have multiple things to indicate that im scum so please provide those reasons.
EBWODP
Add EBWODP TO TOP OF PARAGRAPH QUOTED!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2015, 08:46:13 pm »

I do  understand where there coming from I do look suspicious but doesn't everyone look suspicious in one way if you look so. Me personally I don't have any real suspicions of anyone
Statements like this tend to be viewed as suspicious, fyi ath.
You're not denying being a suspect, but you are ineffectualy shrugging it off onto everyone else rather than figuring out why you're being voted (asking is not figuring ou, you need to go back & read to find out why), and then you just right out and say the dreaded
I don't have any real suspicions of anyone
This statement is an admission to knowing everyone is innocent, but on the other hand it's a common newbie slip. You'd better form some suspects by your next post.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2015, 09:34:12 pm »

I do  understand where there coming from I do look suspicious but doesn't everyone look suspicious in one way if you look so. Me personally I don't have any real suspicions of anyone
Statements like this tend to be viewed as suspicious, fyi ath.
You're not denying being a suspect, but you are ineffectualy shrugging it off onto everyone else rather than figuring out why you're being voted (asking is not figuring ou, you need to go back & read to find out why), and then you just right out and say the dreaded
I don't have any real suspicions of anyone
This statement is an admission to knowing everyone is innocent, but on the other hand it's a common newbie slip. You'd better form some suspects by your next post.
the thing your talking about was something I said which was not a clear or accurate thing I was trying to say i specifed what I was trying to say in this:
I think that more accurately says what I was trying to say.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | Down With the Democrats! (11/11)
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2015, 09:44:06 pm »

(Pfp)

AbstractTraitorHero:  How do you feel about both Arcvasti and Deus Asmoth voting for you?

PfP so no trimmed quotes

Not that bad since Jiokuy's vote is an OMGUS at me for my random vote context and it's still the RVS and you are most likely voting me for pressure. unvote

@The Flabort idea: I don't like it, I think it leaves too much to chance but if the rest of the town goes with it I'm okay with that, However, if it does go through Flabort has to be one of the people we vote up, I will also volunteer for this.  Also we have 11 people which doesn't fit easily into 3 groups, so who is not voting.

@OSG what happens on a tied vote?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2015, 09:47:41 pm »

In the case of a tie, nobody will be lynched. Be aware that even though the vote count may say it won't be a tie, the lynch can still end up being a tie because of the mechanics of this game.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2015, 09:54:35 pm »

In the case of a tie, nobody will be lynched. Be aware that even though the vote count may say it won't be a tie, the lynch can still end up being a tie because of the mechanics of this game.
And vice-versa, of course.
The Cyan Menace

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2015, 09:55:46 pm »

And vice-versa, of course.
correct.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2015, 10:16:02 pm »

I thought about the mechanics a bit and realized a few things.

1.  No one has died yet, so every communist has access to a vote.
2.  Because #1 is true, if the person who is supposed to be lynched today is ahead of other candidates by only 1 vote, but the day ends in a no lynch, then that means that the top lynch pick is a communist who's vote is controlled by one of the people voting for him, who is also a communist.  Thus that situation can potentially clear TWO townies without killing either.
3.  Because #1 is true, if a communist votes for himself, his vote is guaranteed to work.  (Probably not that useful, lol)
4.  Assuming we lynch a communist every day and the democrats NK a communist every night, then by Day 3, there will be 5 commies alive and 4 commies dead.  Based on which votes the living and dead commies control, we will end up having between 1 to 5 votes accessible to us by this point.  If we control less than 3 votes, then the democrats can vote together to prevent themselves from being lynched and win the game.  Thus, it's in our best interests to lynch a democrat before we get to Day 3.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2015, 05:12:48 am »

@ath You haven't done anything. I would say scum considering it is page 4 and you have no posts that progress the game, but this is more rqs and peeps here are very heavy on it and can't find a balance between to many to few and when simply to lay off the random questions and focus on what has happened and examine it. I wouldn't say you look suspicious. Peeps were just confused because what you did is not how ummm let's say "standard operrating procedure" here. I'll hold off on jerk reaction gut calls as I am playing this gameout in my head. I will wait for your game solving/progessing posts. If you have none I will gladly declare you lynch worthy.

Tl;dr:null

@flabort or you can just tell ath why you are voting him instead of ath going to try and look and say
>this reason?
> nope.flabort.douchebag.exe
Hint: Maybe he might ummm idk offer an explanation when you ask why this, why that? Just a thought.
Also why can't he ask? I lul'd. You can't help him? Too good?

@ath: I already stated I think filipk is town lean for me.

unvote tnt is being replaced iirc.

Silthuri has posted. Not very relevant things. Talk to me.
Or not it's cool.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2015, 03:06:15 pm »

Silthuri, what is your opinion of the fact that AbstractTraitorHero is set to be lynched in a few hours?  What do you think of the cases against him?

AbstractTraitorHero:  Have you developed any suspicions yet?
(Pfp)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2015, 03:18:48 pm »

@flabort or you can just tell ath why you are voting him instead of ath going to try and look and say
>this reason?
> nope.flabort.douchebag.exe
Hint: Maybe he might ummm idk offer an explanation when you ask why this, why that? Just a thought.
Also why can't he ask? I lul'd. You can't help him? Too good?
My reason for voting is right there with my vote; I'm saying, when you want to know why you've been voted, instead of being helpless and therefore useless, go read the context of the vote and do something about it.

He can ask, but 9/10 times he won't get a new answer; at best the person voting him will quote their vote & reason from before. And I can't offer insight to the votes others place, so you are right I can't help him.
The Cyan Menace

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2015, 03:19:31 pm »

(Pfp)

PfP so no trimmed quotes

Not that bad since Jiokuy's vote is an OMGUS at me for my random vote context and it's still the RVS and you are most likely voting me for pressure. unvote

@The Flabort idea: I don't like it, I think it leaves too much to chance but if the rest of the town goes with it I'm okay with that, However, if it does go through Flabort has to be one of the people we vote up, I will also volunteer for this.  Also we have 11 people which doesn't fit easily into 3 groups, so who is not voting.

Flabort what do you say to this?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16