Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136450 times)

Masdus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)
« Reply #1230 on: November 22, 2016, 05:22:06 pm »

Automatically engaging in battles can limit your options however.

If a city is attacked and you're not a target, you can actually mobilize the militia so the enemy is literally battling nothing, conserving your maximum forces, and giving you a chance to organize a counter-strike with more forces from elsewhere.

Also, attacking an enemy with a small force locks them in battle. You can take advantage of the rules to get military advantage. e.g. if the enemy is attacking with two large columns, engage one with a small force. Then you can bring all your forces to bear against only half of their forces, which will give you a strong advantage. This can be countered by using the "Military Aid" rules to ensure your knights support each other while attacked. But most people aren't planning that far ahead so splitting attacks is worth a shot.

Your information is outdated. To prevent wide spread abuse of mechanics, attacking larger forces with very small forces results in a very short battle time. It is also considered rather poorly by many of the long time powerful realms.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1231 on: November 22, 2016, 05:26:21 pm »

Automatically engaging in battles can limit your options however.

If a city is attacked and you're not a target, you can actually mobilize the militia so the enemy is literally battling nothing, conserving your maximum forces, and giving you a chance to organize a counter-strike with more forces from elsewhere.

Also, attacking an enemy with a small force locks them in battle. You can take advantage of the rules to get military advantage. e.g. if the enemy is attacking with two large columns, engage one with a small force. Then you can bring all your forces to bear against only half of their forces, which will give you a strong advantage. This can be countered by using the "Military Aid" rules to ensure your knights support each other while attacked. But most people aren't planning that far ahead so splitting attacks is worth a shot.

Your information is outdated. To prevent wide spread abuse of mechanics, attacking larger forces with very small forces results in a very short battle time. It is also considered rather poorly by many of the long time powerful realms.
Not so. The minimum battle time is still 7 hours (tested with 300+ L/M/H inf, L/H horse and longbowmen vs a lone noble and a noble with 5 rabble), and if you engage the smaller force with a third noble while the enemy is regrouping, you can still lock them in place, considering that the regroup timer is only four hours.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 22, 2016, 06:32:00 pm »

He said with a small force attacking a larger force. The battle timers can be as short as 1 minute.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 24, 2016, 03:39:15 am »

BTW bug confirmed: you can rename bandits. I sort of suspected it could be done after manually entering the URL for changing a bandit's description, but you can also just bookmark the URL for renaming, then click the link while controlling a bandit.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 24, 2016, 10:01:13 am »

....Must.... Not... Give... In... Temptation... Too... Great...
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
  • Warrior of the lurker army
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 24, 2016, 06:12:43 pm »

King Caspian killed himself and the heir so now I am the sole ruler of Idreai now.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 24, 2016, 06:26:01 pm »

Bow before Armok or be delivered from this earth! (Ooooor fight us. :) If you don't want to, just... I dunno, swear an oath to somebody. Suddenly, PLOT TWIST) (Hint: Yxevarii is in the blue indie villages in western idraei)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1237 on: November 25, 2016, 01:47:12 am »

So the war is practically won. Now the Children just need control over the sweet sweet grasslands of the peninsula.

So a rough and completely unformatted (still no IC post yet) draft of the peace terms is that Elendenna and Lu Bu would become married, Idraei would change their realm allegiance to RASTOA (which would be renamed the Western (Con)Federation of RASTOA) and (through a separate treaty) Suaralis would change their realm allegiance to RASTOA and the ruling party of Suaralis would be given the position of Second Consul. This would show practically all of the NW under one realm under the 'sovereign realms' tab of the map layers. Suaralis, Idraei and RASTOA would function as a sort of parliament for decisions. Each ruler of Idraei's subservient realms would be given a position on the Cursus Honorum, the political diagram for RASTOA.
In terms of reparations, King's Duchy would be absorbed into either Dubh Dun, RASTOA or Xodor (I'm thinking of giving it to Xodor as an 'engagement present') and Yoka would be disbanded and any survivors outlawed. Terra Vigila would not need to pay reparations unless they continue to fight.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 25, 2016, 02:52:27 am »

...Apparently throwing my heads in the air and saying "Fuck it, invade away" was a very good idea.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 25, 2016, 03:07:07 am »

throwing my HANDS* I'm leaving the original because it made me giggle.

"Emperor Urist, what do we do with all these Idraeian heads...?"

"Throw 'em off the walls of Mountainhome. If they land skull or eyes-up, we grant mercy. If they land tail-root or eyes-down, we kill them all."

"As Armok commands!"

*hears rumors of a cruel and ancient Armokian ritual, from the wagging tongue of Idraei soldiers*

"If only they knew we just make this shit up as we go..."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 29, 2016, 10:33:06 pm »

Hmmm... apparently someone had been glitching away a few hundred soldiers in Ascalon. 
A player or two are quiting over it, my liege being one of em. 

Just all-around awesome /s
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
  • Warrior of the lurker army
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 30, 2016, 07:27:13 am »

It looks like the Idraeian war with RASTOA has come to a close.
 As most of Idraei's previous rulers are now dead or fleeing to other realms we now have a lot of vacancies so if anyone wants to join Idraei or Xodor there is a good chance of getting a leader role.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 12, 2016, 07:21:19 pm »

Is this game still kicking? I played last year but abandoned it and the political scene has changed quite a lot. I created a bandit character and a Urisn character in the lands of the Children of Armok and want to help out if Armok is still alive as a realm.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 17, 2017, 09:59:57 am »

Hey how is everyone? Right now most of my growth is in Suaralis south of Lu Bu / Gamerscout's Western Confederation.

Things were pretty quiet until recently, when some minor nobles from Grand Fate start stomping over the lands belonging to the other player in Suaralis (who is ~ semi-active). This guy came in doing basically my least favorite behavior: take over a few lands, then declare that he was magnanimously saving them from anarchy. Then he rubbished Western Confederation and suggested I should become his vassal for my own good. It wasn't overly hostile sounding, more like utter smugness coming from a position of assumed complete authority.

I have a ~4000 strong army en route to the area :)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 17, 2017, 12:39:07 pm »

I've just been sitting and doing nothing. I'm in a very quiet area and nothing is happening, so I usually just log in every so often to make sure nothing happens.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 96