Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136457 times)

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
  • Warrior of the lurker army
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)
« Reply #1215 on: November 21, 2016, 01:04:42 am »

Now that I think about it we are not complete dead. Suchīru Aiko's principality and Cuhibana Province are now some what active and have new players.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 21, 2016, 01:57:34 am »

Woo! Finally. Why is no one talking. :|

Also, Idraei.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1217 on: November 21, 2016, 02:00:10 am »

We're going to war, folks.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1218 on: November 21, 2016, 02:43:27 am »

Huh. That sounds neat. Maybe I'll get involved, if it's close enough.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
  • Warrior of the lurker army
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 21, 2016, 03:01:39 am »

So does this mean the peace with Idreai is ending? If so that was a fairly short peace.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1220 on: November 21, 2016, 03:12:09 am »

The peace was a lie. There was never peace, only a short break from the war.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 21, 2016, 07:35:17 am »

Remember that new guy who complained how I was an awful bully and tried to exterminate a poor noob? When I explained I only wanted a local conflict over a single settlement we seemed to reach an understanding and agree that it should be fun for everyone.
Well, now he and the entire kingdom of Ascalon are waging war of extermination with my three settlements and refuse to negotiate. A fast learner if I ever saw one. :)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 21, 2016, 03:26:45 pm »

Remember that new guy who complained how I was an awful bully and tried to exterminate a poor noob? When I explained I only wanted a local conflict over a single settlement we seemed to reach an understanding and agree that it should be fun for everyone.
Well, now he and the entire kingdom of Ascalon are waging war of extermination with my three settlements and refuse to negotiate. A fast learner if I ever saw one. :)
The war over Arnholm or whatever its name?  If so, 2 primary reasons: Ascalon doesn't like you ever since that defection and some high ranking general or some other joined in from the other side of whatever your kingdom is, indicating that you have the full backing of the kingdom in question. 

Either way, my own military has been drastically reduced in that first battle, so I'm just gonna be sitting around for another few months to rebuild my militia.  (I don't take part in any level of the politics other then readingglancing over whats out in the open.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 21, 2016, 03:35:57 pm »

It's just funny to see how your opponent accuses you of being an evil pkiller (which you are not) when in reality he's the one who wants to pkill you and ruin all of your shit. The irony!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 21, 2016, 04:41:20 pm »

There's no irony there at all. You're confusing immediate actions with motivations.

A "Pker" is a type of killer. It doesn't describe all "killing". A PK is motivated to hunt the weak. "Griefer" is another phrase used, and it's cogent.

But forming a posse to hunt down the PKer is not "PKer" behavior merely because you're trying to kill a player. In that case, the PKer is a nuisance to other players so those players formed a group to put an end to it. Imagine if there was a killer on the loose and the town guard forms units to try and hunt that person down and kill them. Does that make the town guard common murderers exactly the same as the spree killer? No, the goal is to end the "griefing" behavior and that can only be done by completely shutting down/out the person who is causing that behavior.

An angry mob coming to kill the pker is about the least ironic thing that could happen.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:47:25 pm by Reelya »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 21, 2016, 06:56:56 pm »

Except that I am not a PKer and I was very clear from the very beginning that my motifs were to start a local brawl over a single settlement. Which is literally how you generate fun in this game without causing devastating damage to opponents. But I guess other people do not understand the concept of limited war, it always has to be total annihilation. Which is why most of EI, Eldamar and Sarantium are now ghost realms.
People like you slowly kill this game.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 22, 2016, 12:32:48 am »

Thoughts?

Posted the lore behind Arkhonos Initiative:

http://forum.mightandfealty.com/index.php/topic,5331.msg32791.html#msg32791
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:56:46 am by Ehndras »
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 22, 2016, 01:49:00 am »

Is it a good idea to prepare to defend a settlement whenever you're inside one that belongs to you, just in case?
Or is that more hassle than it's worth?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 22, 2016, 01:56:23 am »

Usually a good idea, personally. You'd get a massive defensive bonus if you're inside, have defenses, and militia. It'd be you, your militia, your army, compounded by your defenses.

Now, if you're not in a well-defended settlement and face superior forces... You may get your ass kicked. But, if you're being attacked, you might as well do it from inside the city, and with defensive measures, cause once they're in the walls you're screwed anyway. :P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 22, 2016, 02:35:05 am »

Automatically engaging in battles can limit your options however.

If a city is attacked and you're not a target, you can actually mobilize the militia so the enemy is literally battling nothing, conserving your maximum forces, and giving you a chance to organize a counter-strike with more forces from elsewhere.

Also, attacking an enemy with a small force locks them in battle. You can take advantage of the rules to get military advantage. e.g. if the enemy is attacking with two large columns, engage one with a small force. Then you can bring all your forces to bear against only half of their forces, which will give you a strong advantage. This can be countered by using the "Military Aid" rules to ensure your knights support each other while attacked. But most people aren't planning that far ahead so splitting attacks is worth a shot.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:42:59 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 96