Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 136411 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)
« Reply #1245 on: January 17, 2017, 06:52:18 pm »

Hey how is everyone? Right now most of my growth is in Suaralis south of Lu Bu / Gamerscout's Western Confederation.

Things were pretty quiet until recently, when some minor nobles from Grand Fate start stomping over the lands belonging to the other player in Suaralis (who is ~ semi-active). This guy came in doing basically my least favorite behavior: take over a few lands, then declare that he was magnanimously saving them from anarchy. Then he rubbished Western Confederation and suggested I should become his vassal for my own good. It wasn't overly hostile sounding, more like utter smugness coming from a position of assumed complete authority.

I have a ~4000 strong army en route to the area :)
Make contact with Lu. Western Confed could use another person to stomp.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 18, 2017, 12:26:08 am »

At the moment I'm thinking to keep it to a more localized dispute, just going to pressure the guy to return the original Suaralis lands while getting better communications with Grand Fate going.

Western Confederation vs Grand Fate would have the makings of a World War however. Ascalon and Erstes Imperium could be dragged in on their side, Armok, Lowlands and others on the WC side.

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
  • Warrior of the lurker army
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 26, 2017, 04:13:07 am »

This is interesting seeing this heat up. look like we should be able to end this diplomatic tho.

Another thing I should mention is that the alliance Terra has is not really a good one. It was more of a don't complain that we took half you realm and we will help prevent the other half from getting overrun by someone else. Caladia land on the peninsula was basically taken without a fight from Terra when Terra had just lost all of it's first ruling family.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 26, 2017, 04:25:52 am »

Well that's the reason I brought a bunch of different people including Vanessa Calinus into the discussion. i know that Grand Fate are big on their rules and procedures, it's sort of their thing. So if they claim a formal alliance treaty doesn't count, they lose face. Especially with Vanessa there. I'm trying to get comms going with Falconreach too, it would have been even cooler if we had e.g. Bard Talonclaw as a third-party observer in the negotiations.

Well I'm actually interested to see how far Grand Fate actually take their adherence to the signed treaty in this case. It opens up some interesting possible ways to resolve the dispute using Grand Fate's own mechanisms.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:32:54 am by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 31, 2017, 06:28:00 am »

BTW I'm working on a might and fealty greasemonkey script similar to my crown of conquest script from a while ago. I've shown it to Andrew and getting feedback to see if he's ok to make that go live as an optional add on.

Basically it's a new selector system for soldiers that largely avoids the PHP bug and allows you to quickly select or deselect troops according to a set of criteria. It's purely a client-side add-on however and would need either tampermonkey (chrome) or greasemonkey (firefox).

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 31, 2017, 08:29:18 am »

GF seems to be somewhat concerned by WC's (nice abbreviation) blobbing and destroying of other realms. Looks like you guys are trying to pull the same trick in Suaralis as you did with Idraei, so some people got nervous. That's why I sailed forth to establish a diplomatic connection and see if we can resolve this peacefully.
Don't forget that it was Tehan himself who first summoned us and said Raven was trying to usurp his realm and bring it to WC.

Now I'm not sure why you appeal to that obscure treaty. It's between some GF duchy and TV, right? How does it even apply in this situation?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 31, 2017, 08:38:58 am »

Well the thing is, Raven could in fact surrender to TV since they're technically still in a state of war. While TV has not yet called upon the treaty, they could in fact do so afterward.

But that's an idea which only would have surfaced as a powerful empire starts to encroach on the area. The whole "Suaralis independence" thing is in fact something we set up, and would basically have been a stable thing, as there's no real reason to change it.

Tehan was in fact losing really badly in the war and was propped up. Most of his towns were in fact taken over by the Halfhavens, and then the Thistleberry's counter-attacked. If not for those counter-attacks, he would have been steamrolled off the continent months ago. But also, not getting why Tehan is complaining now. The settlement split's been static since the end of the war and he's hardly online. I think he wants a kingdom but doesn't want to have to manage it. I mean, he doesn't log into his characters nor does he train troops or move his main character. you can support him, but he's dead weight. I'd prefer if he was active.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:53:03 am by Reelya »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 31, 2017, 08:52:46 am »

The treaty in question is not a military treaty though. Meaning the duchy in question (I think it's Mercia?) is not at all obligated to automatically enter any wars its allies are involved in. But even if it were, its just one duchy. The structure of the Republic is such that friendships and enmities of one subrealm do not have to concern the others. I don't see how you plan to blackmail GF here. Good luck though, I always enjoy a finely crafted underhanded move.

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 31, 2017, 10:14:14 am »

GF seems to be somewhat concerned by WC's (nice abbreviation) blobbing and destroying of other realms. Looks like you guys are trying to pull the same trick in Suaralis as you did with Idraei, so some people got nervous. That's why I sailed forth to establish a diplomatic connection and see if we can resolve this peacefully.

The WC does not really destroy other realms. In theory if we had the players it would work I think similar to the grand fate with a council of nobles from all of the realms having the majority of the power. Ironically enough the reason I also began making diplomatic contact was because we were nervous that the GF was trying to take Suaralis.  The thing Reelya seems to be talking about is the fact that Suaralis is still techicanly a rebel state from TV as it's first leader broke a oath of fealty to make Suaralis. Also might I ask what trick you mean in Idraei?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:38:10 am by gamerscout »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1254 on: January 31, 2017, 03:53:11 pm »

I really need to get back into this game. I've logged on to ensure sluberblight doesnt take me, but stuff still happens and I have no idea what's going on even.

Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 31, 2017, 05:43:51 pm »

Also might I ask what trick you mean in Idraei?

Well the trick was to be nice and quiet, and then Idraei wanted to invade us. Plenty of people have access to both RASTOA and Idraei's chat logs.

Halfhaven was hyping up invading Armok us as far as Pageleigh, because they didn't want to be too big bastards, they'd graciously let us keep half the country. Never mind that 80% of the active players were in Rastoa, the area he wanted to completely gut.

Then you have the Rastoa side, we're talking rules of engagement and limiting the war to one specific subrealm as much as possible (king's duchy) and about merely defending the border.

And for blobbing: which parts of Idraei are part of Rastoa now that werent before? The original border was along Argent, Tisaixin, Brogus. Rastoa gained a grand total of 3 settlements, and none of those are even held by bay12ers. The other one is the capital, which was taken by Tor Kortaur, also not someone run by bay12. Nah, almost all Idraei settlements they lost were in fact taken by Suaralis.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:53:53 pm by Reelya »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 31, 2017, 06:06:46 pm »

Your diplomats claiming that it's just a border conflict and we need not intervene. And then swallowing Idraei whole.
War to elimination is literally cancer for this game because it destroys opportunity for future conflict. Which slowly leads to victor's slow death of boredom.

Basically Children of Armok showed they can't be trusted as responsible players. So some suspect promises will be broken again and Suaralis assimilated.

gamerscout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 01, 2017, 03:31:45 pm »

Your diplomats claiming that it's just a border conflict and we need not intervene. And then swallowing Idraei whole.
War to elimination is literally cancer for this game because it destroys opportunity for future conflict. Which slowly leads to victor's slow death of boredom.

Not to be rude but those were not my diplomats because before the WC I had nothing in the in the children. Both the Caspian and Taka players thought they could win a fight against the children and I tried my hardest to prevent a war of destruction which is why when I became the sole ruler of Idraei I decided to have Idraei join the WC to prevent that whole area becoming apart of the RASTOA. In fact I had hope later that Idraei and Xodor would be able to revolt from it but all of the people in charge of Idraei decide to leave to different areas.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:23:41 pm by gamerscout »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 03, 2017, 05:32:30 am »

Well, I don't know that any "blobbing" has actually gone on, at least from us.

Idraei was invading Suaralis up until the war, then they invaded Rastoa and had plans to subjugate Cacame as well. That's blobbing. The "white nation" would have been significantly larger and stronger.

Me and insanegamer bankrolled Suaralis to fight back so Idraei actually lost all that territory to an independent nation. And at the end of the war, Rastoa left Children of Armok, and merged with Idraei. Since the land-area of Rastoa is in fact smaller than Suaralis, that's a net reduction in size for "white nation", but also for Children of Armok. Suaralis is in fact the only nation that got bigger because of the war. And you'll note there are no plans whatsoever to join what remains of Armok to WC.

The net result is that Western Confederation is smaller than Idraei used to be, and a lot smaller than Idraei planned on becoming. So basically you have three independent realms there (WC, Suaralis, Duchy of Cacame) where you would have only had one in the alternate scenario.

BTW I fail to see how pressuring Suaralis to join Grand Fate is an effective anti-blobbing tactic.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:11:38 am by Reelya »

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 03, 2017, 06:23:57 am »

There are many parties and opinions in the Republic and the dominating sentiment is against accepting Suaralis as a member realm.
I find your rundown a bit disingenuous too. I'm not talking about what colour the chunks of map are but if there are numerous independent powers in the area. WC is basically the same geopolitical entity as Children of Armok and I would hate to see Suaralis become the same. That just means there's no intrigue, convoluted alliances, backstabbing and many sided wars in the future in this area. It will just become a bay12 blob and all your players will leave in two months because absolutely nothing is happening.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 96