Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54978 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I'm not forcing you to do anything. I want clarification, which you don't seem capable (or perhaps willing) of giving.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

I've given you all the clarification I can give, I've rewritten it countless times, yet you still don't seem to get it. It seems like you are doing the same thing as NJW and assuming I am scum, which is why you don't understand anything I am writing.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

How are the Votes positioned now?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I've given you all the clarification I can give, I've rewritten it countless times, yet you still don't seem to get it. It seems like you are doing the same thing as NJW and assuming I am scum, which is why you don't understand anything I am writing.

Or because you keep changing what you're saying. I'm not assuming anything, just letting you know your answers so far have been insufficient.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How are the Votes positioned now?

I think you have 1 vote(TolyK), NJW has 1 vote(TDS), hector has 1 vote(NJW), origamiscienceguy has 1 vote(hector), TolyK has 1 vote(Shakerag), and TheDarkstar has 1 vote(Me).  I believe you and origami are the only ones not voting for anyone at the moment.

TolyK: Still waiting for you to answer my question here.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't changed anything. I've just been clarifying more and more to the point that things I thought were self-explanatory now have to have their own explanations which you perceive to be changing opinions. I figured that "His actions make sense as a VT" would explain everything, but you need me to rephrase it as "If NJW was a VT, none of his actions would be odd or out of the ordinary."  And suddenly, you think that I am inventing hypothetical situations.

I understand that you perceived him as tunneling because you thought he was scum. I myself saw the same thing you saw and didn't think anything of it because those actions would be reasonable for townie. How many times do I need to rephrase this?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TheDarkStar:  In addition to my questions here, what is your read on Tomasque's replacement, Shakerag?

origamiscienceguy:
Which of NJW's actions are unique only to scum?
What do you mean by "unique only to scum"?  Townies can commit scumtells like lurking, bandwagoning, being passive, etc.  What kind of actions are unique to scum?

hector13:  Have you come to a conclusion regarding whether ATH's cop claim is true or not, or are you still unsure of it?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

origamiscienceguy:
What do you mean by "unique only to scum"?  Townies can commit scumtells like lurking, bandwagoning, being passive, etc.  What kind of actions are unique to scum?
That's my point. There are extremely few. I was hoping hector would answer this. What he perceived as tunneling, I didn't see. Yet he says that I am wrong to think that way.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

origamiscienceguy:
That's my point. There are extremely few. I was hoping hector would answer this. What he perceived as tunneling, I didn't see. Yet he says that I am wrong to think that way.
What are these "extremely few" actions?  Could you list them?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yelling "I'M SCUM!!" HERE IS MY SCUMCHAT!!

scumchat

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yelling "I'M SCUM!!" HERE IS MY SCUMCHAT!!

scumchat
Lol, okay.  Nobody in this game has done anything blatant like yell "IM SCUM! CHECK OUT MY COOL SCUMCHAT, BROS!  LYNCH ME PLZ!"  You can ask that question of anybody here and the answer would be the same, yet we know that two of the people here ARE scum.  What was the point of that question? 

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was trying to get Hector to understand why I disagreed with his opinion about NJW. Alas.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still don't see what that question would have proven other than the fact that NJW hasn't outright admitted to being scum.  Were you trying to convey the message that you disagree with Hector's opinion because NJW hasn't come forward and just confessed out of guilt? :P

Anyway, I'm going to bed now.  I'll be back at a computer about an hour before Day 2 ends.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You make a good point. Just ignore the "extremely few" part of what I said. Basically, thought I was wrong for having a different opinion of NJW than he did. I am trying to show him that there are multiple ways to interpret somebody's actions, and my interpretation just happened to be different than his.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

So, uh. What?

Aye, if I were scum I've drawn fairly significant attention to myself by attacking two townies in one day. If I were scum, why would I have to look at anyone else when you're the one in line to get lynched? If I were scum, having a townie get lynched would be fantastic for me. If I were scum, I would thus have no reason whatsoever to attack another player, my job would be done.
(Quote is taken a bit out of context, it's a reply to NJW about him "being focused on his theory hector is scum". Underline emphasis mine.)

Unfortunately, this cannot be an actual defense (unless you mean something else?).
Of course scum have to attack players, and the more the better, actually - they look more active, more towny, and they're on the offensive and thus don't need as much to defend themselves from. Plus, questioning can help decide who to look for power roles (remember - they have a rolecop), and potentially lynch power roles if they have a feeling about it.
Example: Let's say ATH and PlayerB (someone else) are scum, ATH is the rolecop (which seems likely to me :P).
PlayerB was jailed and ATH didn't find him. Scum would prefer to find the jailkeeper and nightkill them, possibly with by ATH. Thus finding who it was is paramount.
Basically, scum need to "scumhunt" and multiple targets are also helpful. So what you said here isn't quite right, if you know what I'm saying.

First off, changing claims very quickly, both in results (though likely a mod mistake/timing thing/his incompetence) and saying who he targeted.

Could you elaborate on this?  If he's not the real cop, how could it have been a mod mistake?  What do you mean by "timing thing"?

(Pfp)
I mean that it could definitely be the mod sending PM's after opening the day that caused part of that ("I was jailed, oh wait here are results). The part where he said why he inspected Hector is still ballers.
Only the cop and rolecop get pmed a result from their action, so he'd have to be one of those roles to know about the late pms (unless he made up the whole thing).  If you're right about him being scum, then that would mean he's the rolecop.  But, if he is the rolecop and got his pm late, why would that cause him to quickly change who he claimed to investigate and his investigation result?
I'm guessing he either initially tried to confirm his teammate, got "wtf don't tie us together" as a response and tried to salvage the position, OR said who he actually rolecopped (if he had said "vanilla townie" I would be 99% sure he's scum) and decided to change his pick for... reasons? Maybe to his buddy? A lot of his actions seem poorly reasoned/hastily done. Could've been a rash decision.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45