Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54835 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Wait wait wait.  You were voting hector, then apparently found enough reason to unvote him, but then still list him as one of your top two scumpicks?  And you didn't switch your vote to your other top scumpick?  And as of now it looks like you still haven't voted for anyone?  Maybe I'm just not seeing your brilliance here, so could you explain what in the hell you're doing?

I don't know who your scum partner may be. I don't think it is NJW, but other than that, I think it could be anybody. I don't see anything particularly scummy from you except for your incessant demand that I vote NJW, which you stopped. I didn't have anything else, so I unvoted. Are you happy?
So just because he stopped his "incessant demand" he's suddenly not voteworthy anymore?  If you thought that behavior was scummy enough to vote him on, why is that cleared from his record now?
I voted him so he'd listen to me. I don't like what he did, but I do admire how he is trying to scumhunt, even if it is annoying as hell. I probably should use my vote, but it is really late in the day and I don't want to accidently tie the day. I would be voting for ATH if that were not the case however.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back at a computer.  Gotta be quick.  The reason I voted TolyK early was that I wanted to see what he would say and who he would vote for.  Here's my summary of reasons for voting TolyK:

1.  He's done little scum-hunting.  He put in some effort during Day 1 with his questions to NJW, hector13, and Roo.  However, come Day 2, he basically did no scum hunting whatsoever.  He didn't even bother questioning ATH, who he was kinda/mostly/totally convinced was scum. 

2.  Despite having his vote on ATH for practically the entirety of Day 2, it didn't seem like he had fully thought out his reasons for voting him.  He eluded to ATH's "scum" play as being expertly done and how he has only provided "little slips".  Apparently these "little" slips include ATH's rolecop/cop mistake and his hector13/Tomasque investigation confusion.  This does not strike me as the play of expert scum.  He later came to the conclusion that most of ATH's actions felt hasty or poorly done, which contradicts his earlier view.  Most of the points TolyK listed here seem more like newb behavior than scum behavior.  I get the impression he's just trying to get us the lynch the cop.  ATH's poor play this game gives him an easy excuse for doing this.

I've got a few more points related to the comments that he's made about the "clever" scum play of not using the NK, and his idea that it's better to investigate townier players rather than scummier ones, but I don't have enough time to go into detail on those yet.

On a final note, it's interesting that he voted for OSG, considering he made a joke earlier in the game about 4maskedwolf(OSG's predecessor) not being in the scum chat.  That could be him distancing himself from his scum buddy.

PPE: Barely got this posted in time. :o
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Hmmm. It seems as if you're taking some of what he said out of context with the "badly thought out thing", I thought he meant ATH could be both: a noob scum manipulated upon occassion.

But maybe not, I guess it's a good thing you justified your vote before the day ended, no real time now, obviously. Just saying thanks for doing that.
One wheel short of a wagon

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm. It seems as if you're taking some of what he said out of context with the "badly thought out thing", I thought he meant ATH could be both: a noob scum manipulated upon occassion.

But maybe not, I guess it's a good thing you justified your vote before the day ended, no real time now, obviously. Just saying thanks for doing that.
Are you talking to me? It is always a good idea to adress who you are talking to, either by quoting them, or saying @osg or something like that.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't recall him specifying which occasions that ATH was being manipulated.  Did any of ATH's actions even seem well-thought out enough to suggest that he was receiving help?  He didn't make major improvements or anything as the game went on.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Day's over guys. Not sure if we're meant to continue discussing things when we know it's done.

Unless my maths is wrong...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, day's over.  I'm anxious to see what TolyK flips.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, fillipk was online when the day was ending, but now he's offline.

The waiting is killing me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Patience, padawan.

We should still be quiet :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile

The sun starts sinking into the sky after a hectic day of questions.  The mob flipped from one person to another before finally settling down on Toylk.  Sensing the hostility from the crowd he started backing up, it was no use.  One gruesome hanging later, the mob checks out his house and to their shock they find both the equipment of a detective and the posters of Devion.  The town rejoiced and then settled in for the night.

Toylk has been lynched, he was a mafia rolecop

Votecount:
*Shakerag - (0)
*NJW2000 - (0)
*AbstractTraitorHero - (0)
*Megggas - (0)
*Hector13 - NJW2000 (1)
*Tolyk - Shakerag Megggas TheDarkStar (3)
*oragamiscienceguy - Hector13 Toylk (2)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: AbstractTraitorHero, oragamiscienceguy,

Night Ends in at 1:30 PST Tuesday November 17th, you have till then to send in your night actions
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (7/9) - Night 2
« Reply #595 on: November 17, 2015, 05:23:56 pm »

The rooster crowed and the guards assembled, just like the day before they find that no one died in the night.

Votecount:
*Shakerag - (0)
*NJW2000 - (0)
*AbstractTraitorHero - (0)
*Megggas - (0)
*Hector13 - (0)
*oragamiscienceguy - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 0/4

Not voting: AbstractTraitorHero, oragamiscienceguy, NJW2000, Shakerag, Megggas, TheDarkStar, Hector13

Day Ends at 1:30 PST Friday November 20th, there are two extensions available
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 17, 2015, 05:24:10 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the day have started 50 minutes ago?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 17, 2015, 05:29:39 pm »

Oh! It did. I'm stupid. Anyways, I am the Doctor, and I jailed Hector 2 nights in a row. So I think that Hector is the final scum.

I find it highly unlikely that the scum is someone else and they just "happened" to attack hector 2 nights in a row.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 17, 2015, 05:31:44 pm »

That would be a fantastic claim if there was a doctor, OSG.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 17, 2015, 05:32:55 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the day have started 50 minutes ago?
im sorry there was a big thing with late buses and a car having broken down previously and such and such, I only just got access to a good computer, everyone sent in night actions early enough though.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45