Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36149 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 1
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2015, 04:19:14 pm »

Data Unrecoverable. Quarantining corrupted data.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:19:55 pm by Mephansteras »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2015, 04:22:33 pm »

Which reminds me, I tried to (in-thread) ask Meph-as-the-System what possible roles are.

The answer to that question is in the OP Rules post. Or at least as much as I'm going to give.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2015, 04:30:27 pm »

This
Helper programs will assist the AI in removing Trojan horse programs, Adware, and fixing corruption issues.
?
Right.  So we ran into adware already, and corruption issues maps neatly to night kill.  Trojans, though...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2015, 04:35:00 pm »

Everyone: If you were scum, who would you target?  If you were a guard, who would you block?
If I was scum I would kill Perandon, because that might get you lynched. Once you were lynched and it turned out you were town, my defense of you would seem less suspicious and I would be taken off the hook.

If I was a protector, I would protect Shakerag or OSG, because if either of them died, I would seem suspicious. I might also reveal myself as the protector if they were attacked and then defended by me, but only if they were still trying to lynch me.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Signups Open [0/11]
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2015, 04:37:56 pm »

Which reminds me, I tried to (in-thread) ask Meph-as-the-System what possible roles are.
This
Helper programs will assist the AI in removing Trojan horse programs, Adware, and fixing corruption issues.
?
Right.  So we ran into adware already, and corruption issues maps neatly to night kill.  Trojans, though...
There's also this:

Event Order: The order of events is generally as follows:

Misdirection
    Role-blocking
    Protection
    Investigations
    Night Kills/Conversions

All kills will be effectively simultaneous. (I may make some literary liberties with this in the PMs, though)
There's probably at least one of each role in the game. Whether "town" or scum is yet to be discovered.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2015, 04:42:57 pm »

...Conversions.
That looks like a Trojan thing.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2015, 05:24:04 pm »

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the action order that Meph uses in most games he runs. Given that this is a bastard game, it doesn't necessarily shed any light on what powers are actually in the game.

TBF, do you have any suspicions of anyone besides OGS? Have you considered asking specific people non-RQS questions to help you making a case rather than declare your lynch inevitable four days before the end of the cycle?

Tomasque, you want to leave TBF alive today. Is there anyone you'd actually like to see lynched? Also, this:
The Comic Sans has been removed. This is interesting.... Thoughts, anyone?
I think that the Mod found that they were aesthetically unpleasing. That's probably all.
is very suspect to me. You've made quite a few posts about figuring out the mechanics behind this game, and then you brush off the first example of those mechanics in play?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2015, 05:38:06 pm »

@Deus:  Not really.  I think I need more actual data.  As for declaring inevitability, that was based on current vote totals remaining static, which was silly of me.
@Tomasque:As Deus said, that last sentence is kinda weird.  Explicate.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2015, 07:40:00 pm »

I never said I didn't want t time to explain himself because he seems to suffer from the same thing I do: seeming scummy when really innocent. I know you don't believe me, but it's true (at least for me).

I also truly believe that the comic sans thing was chapecial significance if I don't actually believe that.

Here's a question I really want answeredunquestioned?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:47:02 pm by Mephansteras »
Money!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2015, 07:47:04 pm »

@Tomasque:  Point us at them then.  You obviously are doing a better job of tracking than we are.
All The Silent People:  Why so quiet?
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2015, 07:53:32 pm »

OSG, what makes you think TBF isn't just newb-flailing right now? Because that's the impression I'm increasingly getting.
Same.

ToonyMan:  Color me curious as to why you're still voting OSG. 
Seems like an okay quarantine.

Everyone: If you were scum, who would you target?  If you were a guard, who would you block?
Do you mean a night-kill? Probably Shakerag or Notquitethere for actively participating.

If I was a guard I'd block TBF to see what happens, or Origami.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2015, 07:55:17 pm »

Having trouble with one of my internet cables. Typing out a post now, but expect low activity until I solve it. If it all goes well, that will happen tomorrow morning.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2015, 07:56:10 pm »

Having trouble with one of my internet cables. Typing out a post now, but expect low activity until I solve it. If it all goes well, that will happen tomorrow morning.
One silence explicated at least.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2015, 08:19:21 pm »

Teneb, I've just noticed, in your three posts you do a whole lot of answering but not much asking. Indeed, although you've made some general addresses, you've yet to ask a specific person a specific question. Why so coy?
I was trying to do a, in hindsight rather stupid, tactic of waiting until there was content before starting to question them.

Teneb:
We should probably try and find out the point behind that edit, if any.
I was going to suggest that perhaps a specific keyword or -words triggered Meph's edit, but other people have said things like "quarantine" and "vote" and didn't get an edit.  Maybe it's because OSG put "alot" in his post and Meph is making fun of him. 

What I am curious about is if "Visit our web page to download our Master Anti-Virus Suite RIGHT NOW" is just flavor, or a part of the bastardly puzzle ...
I suppose we'll have to wait until the next edit happens to see if there is any sort of pattern. Though there does appear to be something that can cause edits to revert.

Tomasque
I never said I didn't want to see TBF lynched. I was just giving him time to explain himself because he seems to suffer from the same thing I do: seeming scummy when really innocent. I know you don't believe me, but it's true (at least for me).
How exactly do you know he is innocent. You are certainly convinced of it. It is D1, so it can't be from a cop's inspect, that would be the one reason that would not make you look scum. All through this, you've been buddying TBF hard. TBF is either your scumbuddy, or you are required to keep them alive for your wincon. Either way, you are not town.

I must've missed something, probably. I'll check and if I did miss anything, I will do so in the next post when it isn't as annoying to try and post.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2015, 09:00:49 pm »

I had thought I had asked questions of Teneb and NQT, but I can't find them now, so it seems I never wrote them; or they vanished, thanks to editing, but I doubt that (remind me to check my screen caps of earlier posts later to double check). Sorry tomasque,  it wasn't you I was referring to,  but thanks for responding anyways.

NQT   What sort of gambit or stratagem do you plan to pull during this game?

Teneb Do you think answers or questions will go missing at any point without  it being the players' faults?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28