Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36153 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 1
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2015, 09:07:57 pm »

flabort: Do you think the Mafia can edit posts, then?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2015, 09:50:34 pm »

I doubt that it's a day ability. I would more likely believe it if this were day 2.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2015, 10:03:30 pm »

Tomasque
I never said I didn't want to see TBF lynched. I was just giving him time to explain himself because he seems to suffer from the same thing I do: seeming scummy when really innocent. I know you don't believe me, but it's true (at least for me).
How exactly do you know he is innocent. You are certainly convinced of it. It is D1, so it can't be from a cop's inspect, that would be the one reason that would not make you look scum. All through this, you've been buddying TBF hard. TBF is either your scumbuddy, or you are required to keep them alive for your wincon. Either way, you are not town.
I don't know he is innocent. In fact I don't know if any of you are innocent. I'm just trying to help out a person whom seems to fit the category of people I empathize with, the "misunderstood" town (because that's me a lot of the time). It seems that once people make up their minds that someone is scummy, they never change their minds, unless someone they deem more scummy comes along, in which case they immediately change their votes so that they lynch that person. Really, I don't think that I have a chance anymore, but I'll keep fighting to the grave.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2015, 10:13:27 pm »

On a ever so slightly related note, I've put www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153327.135 into the Lurkertracker but it doesn't seem to work. Any idea why?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2015, 10:15:21 pm »

T-T-Triple Post!
@Tomasque:  Point us at them then.  You obviously are doing a better job of tracking than we are.
All The Silent People:  Why so quiet?
NQT hasn't posted in a while (26 hours, to be exact).

ZombieTracker
AuthorLast Posted: Last Vote:
Deus Asmoth:5 hours agoTomasque,
flabort:1 hours ago
Mephansteras:6 hours ago
notquitethere:26 hours agoTeneb
origamiscienceguy:8 hours agoUnvote, Vote Tomasque.
Shakerag:8 hours agoTomasque
Teneb:2 hours agoTomasque
TheBiggerFish:2 hours ago
Tomasque:1 hours ago
ToonyMan:3 hours ago

Money!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2015, 10:18:20 pm »

@Tomasque:  Point us at them then.  You obviously are doing a better job of tracking than we are.
All The Silent People:  Why so quiet?

Time issues. After Wednesday I'll be able to participate normally, but right now I have almost zero free time.

Tomasque: What, specifically, makes you think TBF is town rather than scum? Why have you done no scumunting?

Everyone: If you were scum, who would you target?  If you were a guard, who would you block?

I'm not going to give the scum advice on who to kill, but if I was a guard/jailor, I'd look at the results of today's lynch. If Tomasque flipped scum, I'd also block TBF because there seems to be some buddying going on. Otherwise, I'd look at who lynched him.

PPE: Tomasque: What do you think of the quiet people? Is NQT the only quiet person?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2015, 10:37:49 pm »

As you can tell, this "unvote"person has been the lurkiest, never posting even once. That is why I decided to spend my special extra vote on him.

[/sarcasm]
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2015, 11:23:25 pm »

Tomasque: What, specifically, makes you think TBF is town rather than scum?
  Nothing. I just happen to get in a lot positions where - despite me being town - I am lynched. When I ask "why are you lynching me/did you lynch me," all I get is the reply "because you sound/ed like scum." It pisses me off to no end. Then I encountered a situation where (it seemed to me) a person was in exactly the same problem as me. I could have gone along with everyone, and I may have benefited ingame had I done so (if it turned out he was scum), but instead, I took a step back and considered the aspect of personal (non-ingame) goals. If I let everyone lynch him (or - god forbid - voted for him myself) I would feel awful for him as he would ask exactly the same questions as me during the final hours of the countdown. Questions which no one but me would choose to answer, and questions which I (for I would have pretended to have a reason as sure as the others) could not answer. So my choice was clear. I had to help him. Even now, when I have my doubts about his trustworthiness, I still help him, because I can never be absolutely sure. And for me, the only thing worse than saving a bad person is dooming a good one.

Why have you done no scumunting?
  I have. Look:
Everyone: What is the main reason that you believe TBF is suspicious? Who is the the one person that most convinces you that TBF is scum (other than TBF)? Would you still think that TBF is scum if it turned out that person was scum?
  And what did it get me?
Hold on, are you and TBS scum partners or something?
  ...And then no one else responded to those questions. Are there other forms of scum-hunting that I could try which wouldn't make me suspicious. (And yes, in hindsight, I realize my choice of words in the questions were very bad.)

PPE: Tomasque: What do you think of the quiet people?
  I think that they might be scum, but don't have to be. Mostly I was just talking about how ironic it was that the very people sometimes reffered to as "lurkers" were suspected less than me in this instance.

Is NQT the only quiet person?
  That's what ZombieTracker says. The next person is Shakerag, but he doesn't strike me as a "quiet person" (although I think I remember him not talking much near the beginning of the game)
Money!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2015, 11:25:38 pm »

Quarantine Count
origamiscienceguy: TheBiggerFish, ToonyMan
Teneb: notquitethere
TheBiggerFish: Peradon
Tomasque: Deus Asmoth, origamiscienceguy, Shakerag, Teneb, TheDarkStar

Active Cycle 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2015, 03:32:57 pm »

Extend.

Busy day, etc., etc.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2015, 05:07:55 pm »

OSG:
For me, "too long" is the point when the player's absence is hurting the town more than helping it.
And how exactly would a player's absence help the town?

Tomasque:
I feel that a lot of people have voted others to get them to reply, but then have forgotten to unvote. For instance, I have already explained why I said what I said, OSG. Unless you can think of reasons why I would be lying, could you please unvote me?
Obviously the game state has changed a bit since this point, but at the time of the quote, you only had two votes on you and were tied with someone else.  Why so nervous?

If I was a protector, I would protect Shakerag or OSG, because if either of them died, I would seem suspicious.
So instead of using your potential protector power to save someone who is an asset to the town, you'd be trying to cover your own ass.  Duly noted. 

The next person is Shakerag, but he doesn't strike me as a "quiet person" (although I think I remember him not talking much near the beginning of the game)
Hello errybody.  For those of you who haven't played with me before, I'm pretty much constantly posting from profession (PFP), so I will almost certainly have the lowest post count.  However I try to at least put in one good-sized post per day.  I also liberally use sarcasm.

ToonyMan:
Do you mean a night-kill? Probably Shakerag or Notquitethere for actively participating.
Kill the active players?  Thanks, you shitlord  =P  It's like you want games to die of inactivity.

Since you're coasting through D1, can we expect you to try harder D2?

Unvote.  I'm not convinced that Tomasque is scum.  Both TBF and he are flailing about, and I get more of a pure newbie vibe from TBF, but I'm not feeling it yet.

However, Teneb, and TheDarkStar seem to be apt to hop on the chugga chugga train here.  I mean, I really like how TDS is all "I've got no time to post, but let me just slap a vote on the guy with the most votes to look like I'm doing something". 

(P.S.  TBF and Tomasque: if you haven't already, do try to join the next beginner's game.  Even if you're not a "beginner" it will at least give you a good introduction to the environment here.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2015, 05:12:14 pm »

Quarantine Count
origamiscienceguy: TheBiggerFish, ToonyMan
Teneb: notquitethere
TheBiggerFish: Peradon
TheDarkStar: Shakerag
Tomasque: Deus Asmoth, origamiscienceguy, Teneb, TheDarkStar

Active Cycle 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. There are 2 votes to Extend the Day to ~5pm Pacific Wednesday. 3 votes total needed to Extend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2015, 05:23:11 pm »

Why have you done no scumunting?
  I have. Look:
Everyone: What is the main reason that you believe TBF is suspicious? Who is the the one person that most convinces you that TBF is scum (other than TBF)? Would you still think that TBF is scum if it turned out that person was scum?
  And what did it get me?
Hold on, are you and TBS scum partners or something?
  ...And then no one else responded to those questions.
Well, I would have answered, but I didn't suspect TBS, and the only person whos case against him seemed the least bit convincing at the time was that you had to post that question to defend him.

Honestly, if you did flip scum then I most certainly would "still" (read: start to) suspect him, for the same reason OSG accused you of being buddies. In all honesty and to be clear, I have stronger suspicions then you or TBF, but I'm pfp and can't make a whole reads list to justify who I would be voting right now.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »

Extend
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2015, 05:56:22 pm »

Let me take a stab at this scum hunting thing again...

People who extended: Why did you vote to extend?
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28