Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389983 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #7035 on: October 12, 2016, 09:54:36 pm »

((We'll be fastforwarding a few days shortly most likely, not certain, rest of the transports arriving, assorted other events, barrier going up, introducing TBF's and Chrono's characters, as well as any of the other people who intend to join soon. Then moving onto the mission.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #7036 on: October 12, 2016, 10:22:47 pm »

Vigil will see if the Arkas area that was the last to lose contact with, if it happ3ned within a 24 hour period, can be reached to via aid of a steath extraction ship to at least see what can take on the company employes.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: October 12, 2016, 10:24:32 pm »

((VK wants me to handle Chrono's character's introduction.))

A loud CRACK echos through the testing chamber as yet another fucking amalgam snaps into existence. This one's a panda derived one. "Welcome to life! Sorta. Actually. Would it technically be halflife since two different creatures were used and now there is one life? Unsure."

ChronoFlux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: October 12, 2016, 10:28:09 pm »

The creature squirms about on the floor for a moment, looking dazed and more or less out of it. Looking about with a sort of doe eyed stare before locking onto the person before him. Wanting to do his best to make a good first impression he instantly flops onto his back."Uh, h-hello?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: October 12, 2016, 10:31:28 pm »

"Hi! Look through that pile of notes over there. What bits make sense and what does not?" Tal points at a pile of notebooks. If the amalgam chose to investigate them. They'd find they understand quite a bit about any of the bits referencing biology and the manipulation of such. However anything and everything else makes absolutely no fucking sense. Also one of the books growled.

ChronoFlux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: October 12, 2016, 10:33:21 pm »

Would growl right on back at the book, staring at it with a slightly hateful gaze before looking back over at the biology books and bits. Ending up dragging them rather wordlessly over to a corner of the room before ploping down and intently reading them.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7041 on: October 12, 2016, 10:34:43 pm »

John will have gone to the armory and bought one 100mm shoulderfired recoilless coilcannon and a 14.5mm HMG with 1 spare belt. He will have gotten an AP round for free with the coilcannon, and he bought an APHE and a Phosphorous shell too.
He'll be practicing with small-arms at the shooting range if anyone wants him.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: October 12, 2016, 10:38:46 pm »

"Biomancy only then it seems. Well you're free to read through those if you want. Keep them in the room." With that. Tal goes back to working.

The books detail quite complex but understandable notes on the manipulation, healing, and alteration of living tissue via the process of disagreeing with reality. They detail primarily the repair of living tissue and the alteration of living tissue, but they lightly touch on other applications such as using natural biological processes to induce random mutations.

ChronoFlux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: October 12, 2016, 11:12:20 pm »

"Biomancy only then it seems. Well you're free to read through those if you want. Keep them in the room." With that. Tal goes back to working.

The books detail quite complex but understandable notes on the manipulation, healing, and alteration of living tissue via the process of disagreeing with reality. They detail primarily the repair of living tissue and the alteration of living tissue, but they lightly touch on other applications such as using natural biological processes to induce random mutations.
Would happily read in peace, keeping mostly to himself and glancing up every now and then when curiosity gets the better of him. Sneaking glances at Tal and the work he is doing, before heading back to reading through anything he can get his little paws on. He seemed very intrested in the applications of stitching and mending flesh, but anything on chemical compounds, poisons and other combinations as well as mutations would catch his eye just as well.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: October 12, 2016, 11:20:13 pm »

Tal seems to be systematically gutting monkeys and tossing their corpses into a circle with a gem in the center. You're Fairly sure you can feel energy flowing from the corpses into the gem. He occasionally swaps out the gem for a different gem.

There are a number of notes on direct mending and repair of flesh, as well as grafting body parts and preventing rejection via application of raw Vitality. A few theoretical on how one would go about inducing mutations in a target. As well as some on the production of hormones, pheromones, chemicals, and other biological triggers. Nothing on stitching, you'd probably need an actual book on medicine for that. Interestingly, there's a theoretical on how one could go about treating a town or city as a giant organism to apply biomantic effects to it.

ChronoFlux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: October 12, 2016, 11:41:35 pm »

Shuffles over to the growing pile of dead monkies, not really yet fully able to grasp their parting from this world. Yet he knew they were gone, but they could make some good practice for this skill tal seems to say he has. Exstending his hand he focuses upon one of the dead/dying creatures, and attempts to meld the flesh back together mending it back into its original state before being killed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: October 13, 2016, 12:04:14 am »

The flesh mends, but the life and soul is still empty. The Panda-made-kinda-human now feels.. tired, after doing that. Feels like nappy time.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: October 13, 2016, 12:06:35 am »

"Casting already? Interesting."

Tal pings the rest of Foxhound. "So! What would you guys say if I said we're getting a panda?"

ChronoFlux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: October 13, 2016, 12:13:46 am »

Lets out a little yaw, having been born just moments ago and spending his energy reading and casing within the literal first minutes of his life, he felt a bit tuckered out, stretching out and yawning before curling up on the floor and just going into a gentle snooze.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: October 13, 2016, 12:21:00 am »

"Casting already? Interesting."

Tal pings the rest of Foxhound. "So! What would you guys say if I said we're getting a panda?"
"Tal what did you do?? Because with Frazz I'd just have to worry about training a panda bear maybe. But with you, they must useful in some way. Please tell me you haven't made furries."
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 612