Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389981 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #7065 on: October 14, 2016, 01:24:19 am »

"We're taking the mobile base. It is doubtful that a smaller vehicle could travel the requisite distance on its own."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #7066 on: October 14, 2016, 07:33:17 am »

"I mean, its gotta be the dwarfs right?"

Frazz heads down to the staging area and waits for peoples to join him
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: October 14, 2016, 07:44:03 am »

((
"We're taking the mobile base. It is doubtful that a smaller vehicle could travel the requisite distance on its own."
This one is lacking concrete stats, but the fluff is ready.
http://castle-gate-raiders.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Command_Centre))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:56:10 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: October 14, 2016, 08:57:30 am »

Meanwhile..

somewhere, deep in the compound of Akras.. a series of Vats are drained. Identical men were detached from their wirings.

Rows of equipment emptied as men dressed in full white clean enviro-suits with armored vests grabbed their assigned gear after their briefings..

++Operation: Total Recall++
++Activate++

A fleet of white, nondescript vans left from Akras's garages, speeding away undisturbed..

---

At Zander's family ranch,
Most days are boring.

Boring days are good, and normal.

Today is not most days, as either his father or one of his many brothers would notice several White, nondescript vans stopping outside.

---

At Zander's family's failing company,
Most days are also boring.

Boring days are mostly unprofitable days, which is not good.

Today also is not most days, as most days the company does not have several White, nondescript vans coming to a stop right outside..
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: October 14, 2016, 10:48:33 am »

Zander pauses for a second hearing a ping, he frowns for a second before reading it. And then suddenly sitting up ramrod straight. "Jesus Christ on a popscicle stick.....the time to panic is now@.

Zander starts rushing around, putting on his nice duster and hat. He also requistions a Colt 357 from the quartermaster, with sandle wood grip if at all possible. He will also be paying for it to be made before his dad gets here.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: October 14, 2016, 10:49:37 am »

( I will be delayed writing them out I'll do it as soon as I get home. )
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: October 14, 2016, 10:09:36 pm »

Zander's relatives would find the vans side doors opening and several armed men in white armored enviro-suits bursting out and heading towards them.

Oh boy.

----

Meanwhile, Tal's experimentation on soul bottling goes.. about as well as one would expect, actually. Through lots of trial and errors. Crystals, as it turns out, is pretty meh in storing souls. Sure, the clearer the crystal, the better soul containment it is, but it's not _magical_, not really. Quartz doesn't hold at all, even.

This research resulted in a pretty interesting find, it seems the most efficient, non-magical mundane storage for souls is glass marbles. And when Akras could produce perfectly sphere glass marbles of extreme purity and clearness? It just out-performs any natural gems. The size is smaller while can store far more than what a natural gem can do even when cut, it's so much easier to carry around and, if you want to, could probably shoot it with a slingshot and have it act like a miniature explosive balls from shattered raw energy.

It's pretty gud.

----

Frazz heads back to the Gate room, if anyone wants to come too Akras will provide a light VTOL Transport for them. Ruins mapping and extraction for fun and profit is Akras's interest.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: October 14, 2016, 10:14:16 pm »

Now lets see what happens if we try storing a soul in assorted types of liquids inside bottles of assorted materials. Also lets try storing souls in plastic, rubber, and so on.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: October 15, 2016, 04:15:47 pm »

Meanwhile at Memphis Ranch Company Headquarters

Lily Memphis is reading another report about a restaurant chain that they supply being bought out, and another that they own personally being bombed. Sighing she types for a minute sending out an appropriate response to the threat, and sending a report to her brother.

When suddenly the alarm starts going off, your nephew Quinton barges he's head of security. "Quinton what the hell is going on?!?! 
"We need to get you and the rest of the family out of here, an highly armed and efficient group is clearing the building of all personal. I'm not confident we can hold, so I called the helicopter back our security should be able to hold out till then."

Damn it, Damn it all to hell, "we also have word that the family ranch is being assaulted....aunt its not looking good. And no one can get in touch with their families......someones finally made a move on us, your orders??"

You close your eyes and take a deep breath knowing what your brothers response will be, "make them pay for every inch nephew, every inch."

The order is sent out and while every single brother is hurting worried about their families. Quinton grinning with relish takes arms, the blood lust is palpable about him. Fighting is his passion, but all the brothers and sister put aside their worries and turn their anger as one toward these intruders killing intent in the air.

You yourself donning the equipment of your youth, as you ready yourself with a grin you can't quite help.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enemy Forces Unknown skill and number, on the bottom floor moving upward with efficiency.

Own forces:Security mooks
Two Highly skilled operatives variety of skills(The Bad and the Ugly)
Roland Memphis: Only skilled in small arms 2
Lily Memphis: Small arms: 4
Quinton Memphis:  highly skilled as well.
Max Memphis(one handed): 1 small arms
Susannah: Martial arts 4, Knives 2
Michah Memphis: Medium arms 2

Memphis Ranch Home

Your name is Samuel Memphis, and you're meditating. Or you were until your head of security Cyrus barges in, you show no reaction ready to take in the situation. Normally so well disciplined he would never interrupt you, unless it was important. The last time was when Vancouver was nuked.

"Sir the ranch and family headquarters are being attacked what are your orders!"  

Ahh so they've finally made a move, you knew it was only a matter of time. You wish you had been able to steer the company  200 years ago diversify then. And the ones attacking you now would find a vicious bear rather then a wounded animal.

But you won't go quietly into the night, maybe your pride is condemning your children but they understand as well. The Memphis line will not soil their name, you are the ones who stayed when the rest of the family walked away. And you will be damned if you go into hiding and lose what it means to be a Memphis.

Cyrus already knows your answer, but you respond anyways. "Make them pay."

Bowing all he says is, "it'll be an honer to see you in action again sir."

You stand and open the chest you haven't opened in years since before your wife's death and pick up the revolvers remembering the weight. And put the rest of your gear on, and the Assassin known only as Iron Eyes takes the field again.

Enemy Forces Moving feel a shiver down their spine for some reason.

Combatants:
Samuel Memphis: Small arms 9, skilled in other areas but age has taken its toll. Dm discretion
Lia Memphis: Non combatant(hiding)
Jake Memphis: Protecting Lia small arms 2
Antony And Fabian Memphis: Medium Arms 3 sniping on the roof.
Security mooks a few
Cyrus(The Good) Highly skilled

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 04:16:40 am by Romans »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: October 16, 2016, 04:30:53 am »

You'd think an assault would cut the power, blow the front door in or just bomb them with big guns from far away, but no.

These guys, whoever they are, in white vans and whiter envirosuits? They're weird. What kind of company send Hazmat team to kill people, anyway? it just doesn't make sense! There are way, way better ways to assault the Company and the Ranch, yet these people are quite literally storming the front door. Armed with assault carbines of sort, they opened fire on anyone and everyone they see, the loud cracks of gunpowder darts sounding exactly like lethal bullets, only those who stopped to look at the wounds would see that the people who are shot isn't exactly dead. But who would have the time?

And these people? They're efficient. Silent, deadly. You don't even hear their chatters, they just move in and start to sweep the floor, their armor shrugging off small arms fire like nobody's business.

Looks like this is it, the company and ranch's security couldn't even provide a sufficient challenge. It'll be up to the family and the Elites now on what to do next as the teams closes in on them.

Damn them, damn them all to hell!

That is.. until one of them were identified as the family, then the team will shout out the safe code. After identifying that they are indeed who they are, they're shot.

Motherfuckers.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: October 16, 2016, 04:53:17 am »

At the Ranch
Fabian and Antony are having competition on the second floor shooting at the incoming with their sniper rifles.
And inside the house, well Samuel and Cyrus are waiting for them. Samuel's rounds are armor piercing(needed with todays body armor) and of the 45. caliber variety. He aims for the weak points as he see them not hesitating when he hears the safe-word  he knows better. And Cyrus is a ghost striking when Samuel is distracting them. Jake and Lia are hiding in the panic room.   

At the company
There is something to be said about massed fire, as Michah went down they realized the safety word was compromised and gathered together. Roland, Lily, Max, Susannah, and some employees are barricaded together. While Quinton and the other two operatives(The Bad and Ugly) set traps and ambush tactics using the only heavy and medium arms they have available as they realize only heavy caliber rounds will only work. 

Casualties: Mooks, employees, Micah 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 05:01:14 am by Romans »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: October 16, 2016, 05:08:24 am »

The Extraction team didn't flinch when some of them were falling from sniper rifles and heavier gunfire. Samuel would find an unpleasant surprise that even his .45 have problem penetrating all but the weakest of spots, what the hell kind of armor do these guys have!? Modern armor doesn't just stop shit like that, and they look lightly armored enough!

But then one of them got sniped in the sides and thick, bluish blood bursts out. The agent didn't even slowed as his white hazmat suit was beginning to turn blue from loss of blood.

Fuck, they were right all along. There's Aliens!

Fucking Aliens, man! It all makes sense, now!

At the company, the agents there decides that perhaps using the alternative route is a good idea. Using Thermite charges, they blow a wall from an adjacent room in Ala Rainbow Six style before swarming in guns blazing.

Leaving Quinton and his two other operatives to deal with agents now coming from BOTH sides of the traps.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: October 16, 2016, 05:19:34 am »

While Samuel distastes it he switches to his Desert Eagle hoping the 50. cal with armor piercing rounds might be able to get through the eye holes.

Cyrus is being a freaking virus as he knows the quite large house very well as he knows all the nooks and crannies and is making the agents pay for every inch. Setting explosives for them to trip.

They throw grenades and are using the Mag rifles bought from Akras corps covering each other as best as possible. Barricade group are just trying to make life difficult for the enemy.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 05:22:48 am by Romans »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: October 16, 2016, 05:27:15 am »

Even as they trap and shoot more, there seems to be no end to the stream of these white-clad people. Even when shot by Mag rifles, their armor and natural body armor kept them from falling apart so much. There's little else more terrifying than seeing half of a man crawling on the floor with a sidearm trying to shoot at you.

The fight continues, and Akras continues to not give a flying fuck. To them, Memphis family will be taken sooner or later. The cost of clones is non-issue.

Memphis could only fight for so long, after all. The cost really isn't nothing as a favor to a friend.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: October 16, 2016, 05:43:11 am »

Quinton goes down first, the boy is good but he hasn't been at it as long as the other two have. The other two go back to back tearing into them before one gets hit in the leg and the other the neck. They struggle to stand back up, a superhuman effort pulling out their knives only to collapse.
The Barricade gets taken down shortly afterward only Lily is able to put down one.

Samuel is on his last mag he makes it count following up one bullet with another in the exact same spot over the eye. He puts down three more that way before getting hit, and puts another down even as he falls down. Cyrus gets cornered pulling out his knife he finds it hard to cut him and gets shot going down only after cutting the guys hamstrings.

Lia and Jake are the last ones left in the secret panic room, one of the best money can buy. 

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 612