Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!  (Read 47370 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 1 - Day at the Museum
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2015, 05:12:14 pm »

Tawa
If nothing else happens, then you, probably. Because you have done absolutely nothing to help us, just made a bunch of bullshit claims about your own role.
This doesn't seem like a very well substantiated view given that I've done more in this game outside of those claims than over half the other players.

His entire reasoning for not being lynched is "because he's town" and enigmatically stating that "there's better lynch candidates" without saying who and he doesn't think that town players should have any fear at all of being killed.
It's not that enigmatic, I then detailed in the very next post some better lynch candidates. Good town play has a certain degree of self-preservation, but unless you're role is worth more to the town than other town players you should be prepared to take a hit for the team if it means saving a [cop/doctor/etc]. Not sure how this view makes me anti-town.

Fallacy
All of a sudden mafia-ally seems like his alignment.
Yeah I can see why you'd think that. If I as a mafia-ally then I'd probably be trying harder to lynch a player I thought was probably town.

Don't quote Vader. But on a more serious note, Who would you say to be a better lynch candidate today, and for what reasons?
4mask joke claimed 3rd party which is a good bluff if he's not town, also he's not done anything useful with his time.

If you had three alignment-inspects and a role-inspect, who would you use them on?
I'd role inspect Jack to see what his game is with his claims. Guess I'd alignment inspect him while I'm at it. I'd alignment inspect 4mask and Tiruin as I've played with them two a lot and I've got residual mistrust to overcome.

Tiruin
Alright, caught up
[snip]
That's quite a broad list. Who are you looking to lynch at the end of today?

Tawa
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I never said I was a jester, I said I wanted to be a jester, it's a crucial difference. I'm not trying to get lynched. I can see why you might have this theory, but the fact is, it's false.

-Jester Gambit theory already posited. Looking for alternative theories as we speak, best other one I can think of is the strangest attempt ever to kick off scumhunting.
You're starting to catch on! My technique is a bit like poking a nest of rattlesnakes and seeing what comes out.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2015, 05:18:54 pm »

... are you going to answer my questions?

Hm. Yeah, some posting from 4maskwolf and Jack would be nice.

Good town play has a certain degree of self-preservation, but unless you're role is worth more to the town than other town players you should be prepared to take a hit for the team if it means saving a [cop/doctor/etc]. Not sure how this view makes me anti-town.
There's the issue. NQT, do you think your role is better or worse for the town than average?(alternatively, more powerful for town or less?) Because in this game, the roles are a tad bit crazy, as you know. Do you think you have a way of determining your role's relative power?

You're starting to catch on! My technique is a bit like poking a nest of rattlesnakes and seeing what comes out.
Quick, someone examine the last game in which NQT played to see if he dropped this much WIFOM! I might just do that myself.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2015, 05:30:21 pm »

FoU: He did. The link to it is in my last post.

So let's throw out a few more questions.
Everybody:
Do you believe Jack's claim? (I have no reason to doubt it, but no proof in his favor either, I'll need to wait until tomorrow for results and whatnot)
Why do you think NQT dropped the WIFOM bomb in the first place? (I still think he's some villain of some sort who dropped it to cause confusion)
Who do you think are the top 3 most productive scum hunters? (I may be slightly biased in my favor here, but: [flabort, FoU, and Tawarochir].)
Jack's claim is vague enough that there's no point in not believing it. It could mean a night kill, an inspect with a public release clause or even something as outlandish as forcing everyone to target NQT with something, so he'd infect everyone. We'll know whether he was telling the truth if he does target NQT tonight I guess, but there's not a whole lot of point in dwelling on it till then.

NQT's WIFOM could be for any number of reasons. This early, I'd hazard that it was at least partially to kick off discussion. Speculation on other reasons is just going deeper into the wine.

The top three scumhunters by volume would be you, flabort and Tawa at the moment, I think.

NQT, did you consider that poking a rattlesnake nest is, in fact, a terrible idea?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2015, 05:31:22 pm »

I am town.

Everyone: Taking what you know about me and what you know about NQT into account, do you support my decision to carry out my test?  Explain your answer.  This will not change my plan for tonight.

Jack: What made you style your first post like NQT's? Is it the way he acted? Or was it of your own initiative [totally not affected by NQT]?
Tiruin: Writing it in the style of NQT's claims allowed me to get attention while ensuring a strong link between his claims and mine in debate.  Also, it was fun.
If its hypothetically 'now', NQT; Jack; DA.
Due to how I analyze their attitudes in respect to how they play the game.
Please clarify.

Fallacy:
Spoiler: Fallacy (click to show/hide)

Flabort:
Spoiler: Flabort (click to show/hide)

Everyone: What do you think about Jack's and NQT's claims?
It is terrifying.
Everyone: Who is most suspicious right now? (I'd say NQT, but the other players might have different opinions.)
Dunno.  I'm not going to give you ideas.
4maskwolf: Any reason you're ducking away from serious questions?  Any good reason?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2015, 05:47:19 pm »

This doesn't seem like a very well substantiated view given that I've done more in this game outside of those claims than over half the other players.
...such as?
Good town play has a certain degree of self-preservation, but unless you're role is worth more to the town than other town players you should be prepared to take a hit for the team if it means saving a [cop/doctor/etc]. Not sure how this view makes me anti-town.
The view alone doesn't make you anti-town; additionally, you do realize this is BYOR, right? There aren't any vanilla townies, and everybody has a role that's potentially highly useful. Your reasoning only applies to vanilla townies.
...That doesn't sound like a very good technique.

Everyone: Taking what you know about me and what you know about NQT into account, do you support my decision to carry out my test?  Explain your answer.  This will not change my plan for tonight.
Yes, yes I do.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2015, 05:53:16 pm »

Yes, yes I do.
Tawa: ...and?  Please explain your answer.
The view alone doesn't make you anti-town; additionally, you do realize this is BYOR, right? There aren't any vanilla townies, and everybody has a role that's potentially highly useful. Your reasoning only applies to vanilla townies.
How important do you think power roles are to scumhunting in general?  In low-mid power BYORs?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2015, 06:01:57 pm »

FoU: He did. The link to it is in my last post.
I think you mislinked(it links to a previous BYOR), unless the link was somewhere else.
~~
Why inspect? I don't think you would kill someone rashly(being experienced and all that). And it seems likely to me that ZU gave out more inspections than kills. Hm. Why blurt that out? Because it's true. I don't see why you would think I "blurted" it though.

Define good reasoning... hard to say. But lo, I can basically summarize "good reasoning" as "reasoning I can understand easily and doesn't have critical flaws within".
~~~
Do I support your decision to carry out your test? Yes. Why? Regardless of what happens and who or who is not lying, it should still result in some information given to be processed. If nothing goes wrong, that is. If NQT dies because of it, I'd be a bit irritated, but the role flip would still provide information.

Some guy said on these forums that information is the bread and butter of mafia. If your "test" provides information, I'd like it. If it doesn't, I'd not like it as much(lack of information is in itself, a kind of information).

So now what? If we're leaving NQT for the moment... 4maskwolf, do you have answers to the reasons for why people are suspecting you?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2015, 06:12:30 pm »

Yes, yes I do.
Tawa: ...and?  Please explain your answer.
Whoops, sorry. He seems pretty suspect to me, so I suppose that your test should be useful in determining whether or not he's scum.
How important do you think power roles are to scumhunting in general?  In low-mid power BYORs?
I think that they're pretty useful, and that a game without power roles would be much harder for the town than one with them. In low/mid power BYORs, they remain highly useful, as well, although some could probably be overshadowed by others.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2015, 06:38:58 pm »

I would, if I was actually able to play that much.  Gimme a while to see what people have been saying and I'll start posting.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2015, 06:41:25 pm »

Glad to hear it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2015, 06:45:03 pm »

Let's hope Teneb gets here soon...
Hm. Hm hm.
I did

NQT also missed a question in that post.

I just went through a lot of stress about an hour or so ago, so I'll post again later when I'm calmer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2015, 06:53:51 pm »

Claim One: I am a third-party.
Your claims were cute, but apparently false. Are you going to do some scum hunting today? Use your vote?
Of course I will, I just haven't had a chance to get on the forum since early yesterday.

Why did you do that 4mask?
Because I can?  Also, because I felt like doing something that amused me, so I copied NQT's format of claims, which I found personally amusing.

Everybody: Would we be better off without NQT here? Answering no will likely earn you my suspicion if you don't use good reasoning.
Yes, but not for the reason you'd probably think.

It depends on how exactly you plan on testing, honestly.  Without knowing more about your testing strategy, I have no opinion on the test.

Everyone: What do you think about Jack's and NQT's claims?
It is terrifying.
Everyone: Who is most suspicious right now? (I'd say NQT, but the other players might have different opinions.)
Dunno.  I'm not going to give you ideas.
4maskwolf: Any reason you're ducking away from serious questions?  Any good reason?
Not really, honestly.  I was in a bad mood and decided to be snarky as fuck.  To honestly answer the questions: I'm reserving judgement on the claims right now, because there is nothing else to substantiate them, and I think NQT is the most suspicious for reasons I'll get to in a bit.

I'll get back to why NQT is scum in a bit, but since we all seem to be saying "I am town" in case there is a truthteller, I am town.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2015, 06:59:54 pm »

In a bit... I take it you'll be looking back through the thread for a bit, or writing another post...

Wonderful. NQT, what do you think 4maskwolf is going to post regarding your scumminess?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2015, 09:27:15 pm »

Jack A T:

Yes, because I don't know how honest NQT is. Why do you ask for our approval if it's not going to affect anything?

FoU:

Everybody: Would we be better off without NQT here? Answering no will likely earn you my suspicion if you don't use good reasoning.

It all depends on what NQT is. If NQT is town and is telling the truth, then their role will be very important. If NQT is scum, then we're better off without them. If NQT isn't lynched today, then we'll know if we should lynch him tomorrow.

Now a question for you: Why do you only care about bad reasoning if it's going to stop NQT from being lynched?

NQT:

His entire reasoning for not being lynched is "because he's town" and enigmatically stating that "there's better lynch candidates" without saying who and he doesn't think that town players should have any fear at all of being killed.
It's not that enigmatic, I then detailed in the very next post some better lynch candidates. Good town play has a certain degree of self-preservation, but unless you're role is worth more to the town than other town players you should be prepared to take a hit for the team if it means saving a [cop/doctor/etc]. Not sure how this view makes me anti-town.

Here's why it's odd that you think people who don't want to die are scummy: Everyone wants a chance to play and they want to avoid dying on Day 1. Additionally, everyone has a power role so your point about taking hits for more valuable roles is irrelevant.

Which do you think is scummier: someone who votes for you or someone who doesn't vote for you? You say that both are bad.

Don't quote Vader. But on a more serious note, Who would you say to be a better lynch candidate today, and for what reasons?
4mask joke claimed 3rd party which is a good bluff if he's not town, also he's not done anything useful with his time.

How is a joke claim a "good bluff if he's not town"? What do you mean by that?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2015, 09:27:59 pm »

EBWOP: Are there any questions that I missed?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31