Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!  (Read 47381 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 1 - Day at the Museum
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2015, 06:05:39 pm »

I take back what I said about NQT, on rereading and rethinking my initial reaction to reading his posts seems unfounded and indeed I'm not entirely sure how I got it.  I do apologize for not making a substantial post so far, I have been quite busy recently and was unable to get a long time to reread and think until now.

IN the meantime.

Everyone who is voting, why are your votes as they are?

Everyone who is not voting, do you have any ideas?

FallacyofUrist, you seem to be very focused on NQT's first post.  Is there anything else you have found suspicious or noteworthy?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2015, 06:47:55 pm »

You'll notice I'm trying to find a different suspect other than NQT till Jack's inspect(kill?) comes in. But to answer your question... suspicious or noteworthy... surprisingly not much suspicious, but he did place a vote on you- probably not noteworthy in the long run. Suspicious or noteworthy... unfortunately I have to say I can't find anything. That could just be my lack of experience, though.

Well, it seems that in the more advanced games not everybody(no one, in fact) is going to broadcast their scummyness like Urist McCoder did in BM. Figures.

... that counts for me too. To answer your question... my gut tinges on Tiruin, but I don't have any evidence.

Hm.

4maskwolf, does sparking conversation excuse the WIFOM NQT dropped completely, or are you still going to at least attempt to investigate him a bit?

*&*
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2015, 08:41:51 pm »

Not sure yet. I half want to lynch NQT, but I also half want to see what Jack turns up.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2015, 09:14:54 pm »

Everybody: Would we be better off without NQT here? Answering no will likely earn you my suspicion if you don't use good reasoning.
Hard to know. If he is town, then no. If he is scum or anti-town third party, then of course we are. Thing is, Jack claimed he would verify NQT's claims. I am curious about how that will take place, so unless NQT does something super scummy instead of just bullshit, I'd wait on lynching him.

So let's throw out a few more questions.
Everybody:
Do you believe Jack's claim? (I have no reason to doubt it, but no proof in his favor either, I'll need to wait until tomorrow for results and whatnot)
Why do you think NQT dropped the WIFOM bomb in the first place? (I still think he's some villain of some sort who dropped it to cause confusion)
Who do you think are the top 3 most productive scum hunters? (I may be slightly biased in my favor here, but: [flabort, FoU, and Tawarochir].)
In order:
I believe that he will action NQT tonight. Lying about it is a bad idea, since, judging from previous such games, there is at least one tracking power around.
To get a reaction out of people and to spice up the boring slog RVS often is.
At the risk of sounding like I'm buddying... in no particular order: you, NQT and Jack (despite being unable to post for a few days)

FoU: Why do you think Jack is going to kill NQT? Furthermore, I think you are obsessing a bit too hard over NQT's claim. Explicitly ignoring his claim, do you think the rest of his actions are scummy?

More later, I'm not having a good week.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2015, 10:08:21 pm »

(I don't think Jack is going to kill NQT, I think he has a publicly released inspection. Of course, I have no way of knowing that, but it's my hunch. Then again, his power could be one that fakes a public inspection... which leads to WIFOM... I just want to wait and see what happens, hopefully hunting some others along the way.)

At this point, I want to wait on lynching NQT also, pending Jack's inspect/kill/insanity-nuke-thing.
~~~
Do I think the rest of his actions are scummy...
No. He doesn't seem to be scum hunting as much, but that could just be me, and it's well within acceptable parameters.

Is RVS always a boring slog, as you put it?

*&*

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2015, 11:30:59 pm »

Just popping in to say extend: still busy.  Last final is Monday.

Oh, and I'll give my question to everyone again:
Everyone: Taking what you know about me and what you know about NQT into account, do you support my decision to carry out my test?  Explain your answer.  This will not change my plan for tonight.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2015, 12:14:50 am »

I maintain a neutral stance on that matter, Jack.

But I will second the Extend.

Everyone who is voting, why are your votes as they are?
I will explain this in depth in the morning.

For now, I'm going to say I have a growing suspicion about FoU since late Friday.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2015, 12:26:50 am »

I'll match that extend, as well. Extendwagon for life.

Not sure who to vote for anymore, really. I don't think I'm ready to lynch anybody yet, since I want to see Jack's results on NQT, and nobody else strikes me as scummy enough to vote on yet.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2015, 01:43:50 am »

Votecount:
Tiruin -
Teneb - Deus Asmoth
TheDarkStar -
Deus Asmoth -
FallacyofUrist - flabort, 4maskwolf
Lidku -
Jack AT -
Tawarochir -
4maskwolf - Jack AT
flabort -
notquitethere - TheDarkStar

Not voting: Tiruin, Lidku, Tawarochir, Teneb, FallacyofUrist

3 to extend, 4 needed
0 to shorten, 6 needed

0/2 extends used so far
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2015, 03:32:11 am »

Everyone
We are on track for a mislynch! Fallacy is the least likely player to be scum. This isn't even the first game I've been right about this. And do you know which member of the scum team put us here? Everyone was tied and the day was drawing to an end, and who should vote for the towniest player despite promising a case on someone else? Why, it was 4maskwolf of course! His reasons for voting follow the typical scum I-want-to-vote-you-so-here's-a-question-that-looks-sort-of-challenging modus operandi. It's an obvious fix-up. We're sleepwalking into a mislynch and Tiruin, Lidku, Tawarochir, Teneb, and FallacyofUrist need to pull yourself together and actually do something.

Fallacy
There's the issue. NQT, do you think your role is better or worse for the town than average?(alternatively, more powerful for town or less?) Because in this game, the roles are a tad bit crazy, as you know. Do you think you have a way of determining your role's relative power?
I'm just playing it by ear really. My role is probably less powerful than about half of the rest of you if past BYOR-style games are anything to go by. But really a role is only as good as the player wielding it and I can trust myself to make the most out of whatever hand I'm dealt.

Quick, someone examine the last game in which NQT played to see if he dropped this much WIFOM! I might just do that myself.
In the last BYOR game I played in a very similar way (that was what that link was to). Here's a game from two years ago where I did pretty much the same thing.

Do you believe Jack's claim? (I have no reason to doubt it, but no proof in his favor either, I'll need to wait until tomorrow for results and whatnot)
He's said he'll deliver tomorrow. That'd be a stupid risk for anyone to take if they weren't actually planning on delivering.

Why do you think NQT dropped the WIFOM bomb in the first place? (I still think he's some villain of some sort who dropped it to cause confusion)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Who do you think are the top 3 most productive scum hunters? (I may be slightly biased in my favor here, but: [flabort, FoU, and Tawarochir].)
NQT, Fallacy, and Jack.

Wonderful. NQT, what do you think 4maskwolf is going to post regarding your scumminess?
Some WIFOM theory about my hidden motivations no doubt.

Deus
NQT, did you consider that poking a rattlesnake nest is, in fact, a terrible idea?
Well, when your job is to kill rattlesnakes and all you're armed with is a stick, it's pretty much the best thing to do.

Tawa
This doesn't seem like a very well substantiated view given that I've done more in this game outside of those claims than over half the other players.
...such as?
You don't really think I've been doing less in this game than 4mask, Tiruin, Lidku, Teneb, Jack, etc....

The view alone doesn't make you anti-town; additionally, you do realize this is BYOR, right? There aren't any vanilla townies, and everybody has a role that's potentially highly useful. Your reasoning only applies to vanilla townies.
OK, point conceded.

Teneb
NQT: Since you made a claim, and responded somewhat favorably to Jack doing the same, how do you feel about even more people claiming (actual non-joke claims), or even a mass claim this early?
A very very bad idea. The most straightforward way to win in this game as scum is to let town over-claim everything and then make well-informed decisions based on those claims. What I'm doing is playing mind games with the scum (and Jack's using this as a platform for establishing truths/trust); I'm not giving them something definite to chew on.

4mask
I'll get back to why NQT is scum in a bit
Hah, if I'm scum then why aren't you voting for me? Chicken?

TDS
Here's why it's odd that you think people who don't want to die are scummy: Everyone wants a chance to play and they want to avoid dying on Day 1. Additionally, everyone has a power role so your point about taking hits for more valuable roles is irrelevant.
Yeah I see the point. I find not caring about dying more towny than I think reluctance to be killed is scummy.

Which do you think is scummier: someone who votes for you or someone who doesn't vote for you? You say that both are bad.
No, someone who is afraid to vote for me when they're making out that I'd be the best person to lynch is scummier.

How is a joke claim a "good bluff if he's not town"? What do you mean by that?
It means later if he needs to claim to be third-party for real, he can claim he wasn't really joking before but he can still claim town up until then.

Flabort
For now I'm just going to Finger of Suspicion NQT.
Moving image with .jpg extenstion
How did you do that?!
Anything is possible with Jennifer Lawrence.

Why are you voting Fallacy? He's the most likely player to be town. Most frequent poster, unafraid to put himself in the firing line, seems genuinely engaged in reassessing his reads and engaging people. We shouldn't be lynching him today!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2015, 08:23:17 am »

To reiterate in a different way: when literally half the players aren't voting, and those that are voting have a wide spread then it's certain that we're not going to be lynching scum. Fallacy is a terrible choice. Let's lynch someone who's trying to get us to make that terrible choice. 4maskwolf is the best target for today.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2015, 09:12:20 am »

Well. The defense for me is much appreciated.

I take back what I said about NQT, on rereading and rethinking my initial reaction to reading his posts seems unfounded and indeed I'm not entirely sure how I got it.
Although I'm not sure if you noticed that sentence.

At the risk of seeming scummy for delaying my lynch, extend. Hopefully this will give us some more time to find the real culprit here.

However, I'm not entirely sure that 4maskwolf is the best target. But I'll read back through the thread and see if I can come up with a better case with him than with NQT.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2015, 10:07:51 am »

Yeah I didn't spot that. Cheers. It's almost as if he suddenly remembered I could day kill him if he tried to lynch me.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2015, 10:20:19 am »

Picking up where I left off:

Everyone: Taking what you know about me and what you know about NQT into account, do you support my decision to carry out my test?  Explain your answer.  This will not change my plan for tonight.
I support it, to a certain extent. I think it may lead into evidence of either you or NQT being town or scum, and that is always a good thing to happen.

Teneb, who is the least suspected player right now?
Lidku, who really should be replaced. If he doesn't count, I'd say Jack.

Is RVS always a boring slog, as you put it?
It can be. It wasn't this time. This is your second game, so you can't see it, yet anyway. RVS tends to boil down to "Player, what would you do in X situation? Why?" and then it keeps up until someone says something to break that cycle of what-ifs.

Tawarochir: I noticed that while you've been answering questions with quite a bit of regularity, you have yet to actually ask anything, or even go after someone. That is active lurking, the act of looking like you are contributing to the scumhunt when you are not. Why so passive? Do you already know who is scum?

By the way, would everyone mind saying "I am town", just in case there's a truthteller here?
What the bloody buggering hell are you trying to do?
For the record, this is you last actual question. How do you expect to find scum if all you do is answer? Scum is not just going to hand themselves over to you. You already know that, of course, being scum and all.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2015, 11:16:53 am »

Day extended to 8/18 9 PM PST.

Lidku is getting replaced.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31