Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!  (Read 47353 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 1 - Day at the Museum
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2015, 11:43:36 am »

Your [NQT] post was intriguing though. And by intriguing I mean subtle. "For the record though, I am town."? The wording attracts my eye because of how that kinda idea can orient itself.
...wait, what? Who are you speaking to here? Why did you link a post tha has nothing to do with what you're talking about?
Erh...I had hoped that the brackets signify who I'm talking to rather than the other grammatical "Your NQT-post..."

So I'm speaking to NQT. Due to the brackets.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2015, 11:44:56 am »

Answer to Fallacy question one:
That was just an opening question. Of course, pretty much(no, everybody) everybody is going to answer yes. What goes along with the yes answer may be more helpful, however. It inspires conversation.
Not as well as some other questions, but it works.

Answer to Fallacy question two:
Ar... your question's phrasing confuses me, and so do the links. I'm going to interpret it as "why did you decide to start the "truth teller post" thing?" (correct me if I'm wrong)

All things considered, an actual truth teller in this game is unlikely. The actual reason I asked everybody to make an easily scannable truth teller post was to gauge the players' reactions, to see if anybody was particularly hesitant or evasive regarding the "I am town" post. Thus far, only Tawarochir reacted badly to that, but I imagine that was just because of a flashback to the latest BM, whence I tried a refuge in audacity where I said in every one of my posts "I am town". After I explained what I was asking, he promptly said "I am town" as requested.

~~~
Okay, Tawarochir...
Reply to answer 1: Efficiency, blast it! Why would you inspect NQT's alignment 3 times, when you could inspect his alignment and his role, but then check two other players at random for alignment? That would yield much more information.
Reply to answer 2: I share your opinion, for that. If you're going to vote early-game, you should have good logic as to why you're voting who you're voting for.
Reply to answer 3: Of course you have an idea, you just didn't want to share it. Why do I keep pursuing that idea? Well, good sir, that was only the second time I mentioned a "voodoo doctor" role. Only the second. I don't think "keep on" describes it very well. And why? Because flabort and his effigy question. I theorized that perhaps the "effigy question" had gameplay relevance. Although likely incorrect, it was a line of questioning I could potentially follow- though for the moment I'm focusing on NQT and his timey-wimey-jester shenanigans that are driving me crazy- I mean, more than normal.
~~~

Tiruin: If you had three alignment-inspects and a role-inspect, who would you use them on?
NQT: Same question as above.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2015, 11:55:26 am »

I see. You'd confused me for a second, because of the unusual grammatical syntax and the way I'd somehow confused myself into thinking I'd said the "I am town" thing that way.

Never mind. :v
Okay, Tawarochir...
Reply to answer 1: Efficiency, blast it! Why would you inspect NQT's alignment 3 times, when you could inspect his alignment and his role, but then check two other players at random for alignment? That would yield much more information.
Reread my post again. That's not what I said.
Reply to answer 2: I share your opinion, for that. If you're going to vote early-game, you should have good logic as to why you're voting who you're voting for.
Interesting to know we think the same way.
Reply to answer 3: Of course you have an idea, you just didn't want to share it. Why do I keep pursuing that idea? Well, good sir, that was only the second time I mentioned a "voodoo doctor" role. Only the second. I don't think "keep on" describes it very well. And why? Because flabort and his effigy question. I theorized that perhaps the "effigy question" had gameplay relevance. Although likely incorrect, it was a line of questioning I could potentially follow- though for the moment I'm focusing on NQT and his timey-wimey-jester shenanigans that are driving me crazy- I mean, more than normal.
...Hm. Could've sworn you'd said it more often. Never mind, whoops. :v

Speaking of the idea I had that I don't want to share, I figure I might as well explain it now, then:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2015, 12:04:22 pm »

Reread my post again. That's not what I said.
Oh, sorry. I was mistaken. So use the role and the alignment inspections on NQT, but keep the other two alignment inspections in reserve? Okay, that makes some sense, though you're risking dying without having used them.

Whatever NQT is, I think we need him gone.
~~~
NQT: I am really looking forward to Jack inspecting you, if he wasn't lying. Hopefully that will shed some light on the matter.
Yet another possibility for NQT's role: Doomspeaker. An SK variant that wins after a certain number of turns, blasting the other players to smithereens in the process.

Everybody: Would we be better off without NQT here? Answering no will likely earn you my suspicion if you don't use good reasoning.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2015, 12:11:08 pm »

Answer to Fallacy question two:
Ar... your question's phrasing confuses me, and so do the links. I'm going to interpret it as "why did you decide to start the "truth teller post" thing?" (correct me if I'm wrong)

All things considered, an actual truth teller in this game is unlikely. The actual reason I asked everybody to make an easily scannable truth teller post was to gauge the players' reactions, to see if anybody was particularly hesitant or evasive regarding the "I am town" post. Thus far, only Tawarochir reacted badly to that, but I imagine that was just because of a flashback to the latest BM, whence I tried a refuge in audacity where I said in every one of my posts "I am town". After I explained what I was asking, he promptly said "I am town" as requested.
I...am unsure if you directly answered 'why' though. :P Please do?

Tiruin: If you had three alignment-inspects and a role-inspect, who would you use them on?
NQT: Same question as above.
I'm not using it now, that said. :O I'm using it later! Wherein the answer here won't occur because of all that later-ness.
If its hypothetically 'now', NQT; Jack; DA.
Due to how I analyze their attitudes in respect to how they play the game. R-I towards Jack; while NQT is a nice first impression--I have...a limited range of general ideas on how his role could impact his play, so Jack it is, because he's second-runner up in that context.

Why only 2 people you ask there?

Everybody: Would we be better off without NQT here? Answering no will likely earn you my suspicion if you don't use good reasoning.
Hmm.
How's about No: because I'm curious what prompted you to think that way in the first place?

Question 2: Is that good reasoning enough for you?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2015, 12:41:52 pm »

FoU
The most beneficial lynch... NQT is the obvious choice. There are going to be other foes(most likely), and at the moment I don't have enough evidence to determine who those other foes are. All things considered, everyone who jumped on the WIFOM bandwagon is suspicious to me. Why, really, would any town or town-aligned player want to cause confusion in their ranks?
I wouldn't really describe that as a bandwagon. We have NQT's claim, Jack's counterclaim and then a few joke claims afterwards. Why do you think that lynching NQT today (finding out if he was telling the truth) is a better idea to leaving him alive and potentially lynching him tomorrow (which would still find out if he was telling the truth as well as potentially revealing whether there was any weight to Jack's claims)?

NQT is a pile of timey-wimey goop.

All of a sudden mafia-ally seems like his alignment.
What's this based off of, exactly?

Tawa, this:
NQT is trying to seem suspicious. This isn't because he's a jester, the idea he put forth. It's because he wants us to think he's a jester. If we know he's a jester, we won't lynch him, because it would be a waste of our time and resources. But he's actually a mafioso, and he's using the idea that we think he's a jester as a shield against being lynched. But he made the slip-up that he seemed way too scummy, right off the bat; if he was serious about his jester role, he wouldn't have thrown so much WIFOM in our faces at the very start and sending at least two players' scum-o-meters way off the charts before the first day was even half over.
is some bizarre reasoning. You think NQT is scum because of his WIFOM, but your justification for it is entirely WIFOM in itself. How does NQT using the exact same tactic while being town in his last game fit into your reasoning? More importantly, if you're so certain that NQT is scum, why aren't you voting for him?

FoU and Tawa, do you have any reasoning for thinking that NQT is scum besides his list of claims at the start?

Tiruin, I think I detect some puny meatbag doubts about my sincerity in my claim of being an organic humanoid like yourself. Allow me to assuage your doubts by allowing you to process this amusing data with your optics array

Beep boop.

In any case, I suppose I'm curious about why I warrant your third hypothetical inspection? Did you chose NQT and Jack based off their earlier claims or were all three of us based off our attitudes?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2015, 01:12:27 pm »

Tawa, this:
NQT is trying to seem suspicious. This isn't because he's a jester, the idea he put forth. It's because he wants us to think he's a jester. If we know he's a jester, we won't lynch him, because it would be a waste of our time and resources. But he's actually a mafioso, and he's using the idea that we think he's a jester as a shield against being lynched. But he made the slip-up that he seemed way too scummy, right off the bat; if he was serious about his jester role, he wouldn't have thrown so much WIFOM in our faces at the very start and sending at least two players' scum-o-meters way off the charts before the first day was even half over.
is some bizarre reasoning. You think NQT is scum because of his WIFOM, but your justification for it is entirely WIFOM in itself. How does NQT using the exact same tactic while being town in his last game fit into your reasoning? More importantly, if you're so certain that NQT is scum, why aren't you voting for him?

FoU and Tawa, do you have any reasoning for thinking that NQT is scum besides his list of claims at the start?
1. For the record, it was a possibility that had crossed my mind. I don't know for certain that he's scum--but I stand that my theory is a possibility.
2. I admit, my theory has some amount of Wine In Front Of Me to it. But the theory is rooted in conclusions I drew from his posts and has some amount of evidence for it, as opposed to the fact that the only evidence we have for NQT's Wine In Front Of Me claims is his own word.
3. I have no idea what you're going on about in your third response sentence.
4. As before, it's a theory, and I want to wait until I'm certain. I dislike putting forth unnecessary votes.

As for your last question:
His entire reasoning for not being lynched is "because he's town" and enigmatically stating that "there's better lynch candidates" without saying who and he doesn't think that town players should have any fear at all of being killed. But the claims are still highly suspect, because they don't strike me at all as something somebody who's out for anything but their own self-protection would do.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2015, 01:54:58 pm »

Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2015, 01:56:18 pm »

I'll continue my other dialogs later today. For now these questions were posed that I feel are important to answer.
I know Tiruin's going to give novices a hard time, not because she means to, but because of mutual misunderstandings.
Ouch! XD
Mutual misunderstandings?

...That's important to know. Anything about it? :)
Our dialog in GBoO, my first impression of you (before learning you were considered the most kind hearted person on the forums) was that you were a cruel meanie who liked to pick on novices. I hadn't realized you were trying to teach me!
And the next game I played with you (I can't remember which, sorry), I noticed there was another player who was just joining the subforum, and you and him had a similar dialog of giving eachother a hard time, where you were trying to instruct him and he was not realizing that.

But I've gotten to know you better now and realize it was all a misunderstanding. Also, I'm going to borrow your orange in the next quote.

Hmmm...
No. Here's my reasoning:
Firstly, I don't like the text I've highlighted in orange here.
Secondly, NQT has gathered enough data, from reactions and questions, to form a reads list. I'm possibly biased because it shows me in a positive light, but I do feel that keeping NQT around until at least day 2 would be advantageous due to his (sorry, I still keep thinking her after how many games? :P) knack for analysis; and if NQT does turn out anti-town, we can STILL use the analysis in that light to efficiently hunt scum.
Thirdly, there are better lynch candidates. Jack, 4mask, lidku, TDS, Tiruin, me if you think I'm shady, Tawa... lots of potential lynch candidates; and even if you don't think any of them individually are better lynch candidates, remember that the sum of their scummyness is far more than NQT's :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2015, 02:03:15 pm »

Lidku hasn't been active since the beginning of the game and if he doesn't post by monday morning I'll replace him.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2015, 04:13:20 pm »

Okay then. Let's answer some questions!

Spoiler: Tiruin Questions (click to show/hide)
Directly why: Because I figured I could analyze the players posting "I am town" for any reluctance and strike at the reluctant players as those more likely to be scum.

Why only two people: Many of the other people haven't much been active, you're just beginning to be more active, so I wanted a contrast or something like that from you and NQT. Hm. Let's see if I can phrase this better... NQT because he hasn't attacked many people, you because you've just started activity in earnest(in my opinion).

"Because I'm curious what prompted you to think that way in the first place." All things considered, NQT is acting rather much like someone anti-town as a result of the massive, massive amounts of WIFOM he was spreading. Saying you don't want him gone also says "I want him here" and I don't know why a townie would want someone spewing that much WIFOM here.

Is that good enough reasoning, you say? For the moment, but it won't do in the long term- you ought to reconsider if you really need the WIFOM bomb lying around here. Hm. My brain is getting irritated.
~~~
Spoiler: Deus Asmoth Questions (click to show/hide)
Why lynch NQT today? Because if he is an SK/doomsayer/mafia-ally, we don't want him to remain alive any longer than we have to. Unfortunately we don't have any proof of NQT's alignment or role, only the sheer WIFOM dump he did... hm. Point. We can always lynch him later, yes? Let's see what Jack says after tonight. Unvote Notquitethere. I don't think he could end the game in one night(hopefully). We have time, for the moment.

"What's this based off of, exactly?" Hm. A hunch, though that isn't good enough. Perhaps the way he's trying to look desirable for the scum to leave alive(what with all the confusion he's causing), but that could also be a survivor-tell. Hm... hm. I wish someone could day-inspect. Or truth-tell. (of course, I don't know if any of those abilities exist, though I hope so. Perhaps anyone with such abilities is keeping them in reserve.)

"Any reasoning for wishing NQT dead beyond claims list?" Hm. It's not just the claims list, it's the lack of proper scumhunting(to my perspective) and the fact that he choose to make said claims list, causing massive volumes of confusion. I'm still trying to think through it. I believe he's lying about the day-kill(x2), but a 1-shot day-kill is within reason, and so is the "infection". Argh.
~~~
Crikey, I'm making walls of mafia text! Incredible!
~~~
Spoiler: Flabort Questions (click to show/hide)
Waitaminute, there aren't any questions in that post. Dangit.

I'll still respond, though.
First: Why don't you like it? I gave my reasoning earlier in this post. Or maybe I didn't. In case I didn't, I'm going to give it again- NQT is, quite scummy, quite... let's say suspicious, and that's so obvious that if you're not going after him I'd like an explanation for why not.
Secondly: There's a point to that, but what if he's lying about the reads because he doesn't want town to win?
Thirdly: There are other lynch candidates, not necessarily better ones. Hm... (no, summing the scumminess is not valid logic.)

Tawarochir, could you explain why I shouldn't vote you for the weak scumhunting(and to pressure you a bit), sil vous plait? Of course, I don't(and shouldn't) use my vote for pressure, but still, why exactly should I not vote you?
~~~
Anything else?
~~~
I used to think that the mafia players producing the extremely large walls of text were beyond the normal abilities of humanity. It's easier than I thought, however. Just time-consuming.

Lidku hasn't been active since the beginning of the game and if he doesn't post by monday morning I'll replace him.
Let's hope for a more active player, yes?
*&*

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2015, 04:34:42 pm »

Tawarochir, could you explain why I shouldn't vote you for the weak scumhunting(and to pressure you a bit), sil vous plait? Of course, I don't(and shouldn't) use my vote for pressure, but still, why exactly should I not vote you?
For starters, I'm scumhunting much more actively than several other people, such as the lower half of the people in this post. I would also like to point out that your entire reason for voting me is my perceived weak attempts at scumhunting, which is pretty weak evidence itself.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2015, 04:50:45 pm »

Hm. Let's see if I can find any other reasons...
When I think of you, I don't find other reasons, I find town tells. For instance, the lack of a WIFOM bomb on your part, and your direct way of speech(though in small posts). Point taken.

Let's hope Teneb gets here soon...
Hm. Hm hm.

The reason people throw out random questions early game is because there isn't a lot of history to talk about and analyze(and thus have conversation starters and whatnot).

So let's throw out a few more questions.
Everybody:
Do you believe Jack's claim? (I have no reason to doubt it, but no proof in his favor either, I'll need to wait until tomorrow for results and whatnot)
Why do you think NQT dropped the WIFOM bomb in the first place? (I still think he's some villain of some sort who dropped it to cause confusion)
Who do you think are the top 3 most productive scum hunters? (I may be slightly biased in my favor here, but: [flabort, FoU, and Tawarochir].)

*&*

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2015, 04:57:30 pm »

Everybody:
Do you believe Jack's claim? (I have no reason to doubt it, but no proof in his favor either, I'll need to wait until tomorrow for results and whatnot)
Why do you think NQT dropped the WIFOM bomb in the first place? (I still think he's some villain of some sort who dropped it to cause confusion)
Who do you think are the top 3 most productive scum hunters? (I may be slightly biased in my favor here, but: [flabort, FoU, and Tawarochir].)
-Don't know yet.
-Jester Gambit theory already posited. Looking for alternative theories as we speak, best other one I can think of is the strangest attempt ever to kick off scumhunting.
-You, flabort, Deus.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »

This is just a friendly reminder that this votecount spread never finds scum:

Votecount:
Tiruin -
Teneb - Deus Asmoth
TheDarkStar -
Deus Asmoth -
FallacyofUrist -
Lidku -
Jack AT - flabort
Tawarochir -
4maskwolf -
flabort -
notquitethere -

Not voting: Tiruin, TheDarkStar, Lidku, Jack AT, Tawarochir, 4maskwolf, Teneb, FallacyofUrist

We've got about 48 hours or so, plenty of time to get it right. We need to start cohering behind the best targets for the night. Vote!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31