Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97639 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1933 Design
« Reply #1770 on: August 29, 2015, 04:21:43 pm »

0.9*0.9*0.9 is roughly 72% of weight. It is not enough. MK-47 will still weight too much for an assault rifle. 0.8*0.8*0.8 is roughly 50% of weight giving us Assault rifle with comfortable weight and bullet comparable to modern assault rifles.

How about something like this then?

MK-33 "Mare"

A spiritual successor to the MK-47, this compact, gas operated assault rifle has a bullpup configuration and chambers a smaller .250 caliber round to mitigate the weight and stability issues of its predecessor. It has a rear pistol grip and folding stock, and a padded grip just before the end of the barrel to improve handling. The magazine holds 30 rounds, and loads from the side.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:26:29 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: August 29, 2015, 04:24:22 pm »

.25 is too small, besides, we need to use the design phase for something more.. substantive.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: August 29, 2015, 04:27:34 pm »

This could probably be a revision though, at least if we give up the bullpup bit.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:35:09 pm by Baffler »
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: August 29, 2015, 04:31:09 pm »

1) Measuring bullets only by caliber is very wrong
2) Modern assault rifles use 0.22 inch bullets
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: August 29, 2015, 04:46:38 pm »

Modern assault rifles have a problem with killing power. Furthermore, reducing the length would reduce the accuracy and range of the rifle. And roughly 11 pounds isn't too bad for an assault rifle, given that we're beating the germans to it by a decade. A more compact rifle might also need a full design to get what we want out of it.

Mind you, what I think we need is for the rifle to be redesigned to use a gas-operated system instead of the recoil one it has so far.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: August 29, 2015, 06:13:23 pm »

I'd still like a pump action shotgun myself.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: August 29, 2015, 07:12:49 pm »

I'd still like a pump action shotgun myself.

In my opinion, I think a lighter+improved variant of our MK-47 would be more beneficial than a pump action shotgun.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: August 29, 2015, 07:16:44 pm »

.25 is too small, besides, we need to use the design phase for something more.. substantive.
.25 INCH is fine here's a little light reading on the British assault rife in that size
and assault rife ammo in general
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: August 29, 2015, 07:26:01 pm »

Furthermore, reducing the length would reduce the accuracy and range of the rifle.

Actually one of the greatest advantages of a bullpup system is that it allows a weapon to be more compact without having to shorten the barrel proportionally. If it's decently ergonomic, the user's ability likely will not be affected. A folding stock will only further improve performance in close quarters, and it can be extended for greater stability in medium range engagements.

You've a point about the gas operation though, edited.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: August 29, 2015, 08:24:50 pm »

Oh, I'm all for a bullpup rifle, it's just that such a rifle would need a design phase, not a revision. And there's more pressing concerns that we need to address with the design.

And funk, AFAIK but the british were intending to use the .280 British cartridge. Which is what I'm aiming for. (Also get out of our thread arstotzkan :P )

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: August 29, 2015, 09:17:17 pm »

What are you wanting to design instead of an assault rifle?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: August 29, 2015, 09:21:59 pm »

Anything else? Given that we could likely pull off the AR in the revision I'm pretty much willing to support any design really. An AC with a 1-inch cannon and radio would be perfect though.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: August 29, 2015, 09:36:42 pm »

Widowmaker
6-barrel electric powered rotating 2/3 inch calibre autocannon created for devastating firepower and relatively low weight. Comes with light universal wheeled carriage that can be towed by other vehicles for strategical mobility or use own light engine for tactical mobility.

What if we built this into the armored car, instead of a generic 1-inch gun?

Also, is anyone planning on giving the propaganda a try? A design credit is gonna be an enormous boost.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:38:14 pm by Baffler »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: August 29, 2015, 09:49:03 pm »

We already have a 2/3rd inch gun. It's called the stallion :P

I'd prefer a full inch autocannon though since we could then use those on our aircraft or AA emplacements too.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: August 29, 2015, 09:49:46 pm »

How about the generic 1-inch gun, with an autoloader?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 135