Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97643 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1933 Design
« Reply #1785 on: August 30, 2015, 12:28:22 pm »

The turn edit does not bode well for us. I think we can afford to focus on the jungle and mountains for this turn, they're in danger of being overrun right now. The jungle is bad enough, but if they take the mines, and they're knocking at our door there, we'll lose our ore and the war will be over. Vehicles probably won't do us much good there, but the needs of our infantry in the jungle and the mountains are very different. Giving the Mare selective fire would possibly do it, but it'd undo a lot of the weight shedding, and there's already a lot of new tech packed into it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 30, 2015, 01:03:19 pm »

I still say a radar would be better. It would be cheap and see how it changed the Battle over Britain for example. If we can take away their ability to bomb and drop paratroopers on us willy-nilly we can push them back in the desert.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: August 30, 2015, 01:20:17 pm »

This is my suggestion.

The SPAT MK II

Moskurg's modern attempt at creating a tank destroyer. Despite it's name, it is actually a modified breaker rather than a modified SPAT. Using the latest innovations, the MK II comes with optics, a cannon with more range than the breaker's, and a total cost that's cheaper than the breaker. Of course in order to make sure that all of these goals are met, the armour is considerably stripped down in order to save money. On the bright side, this also gives it increased mobility.

The lack of armour shouldn't matter too much though since it should participate in engagements at a range far beyond that of an Arztoskan T-25.

The way I see it, we need an armored unit that is cheap (as in expensive rather than very expensive) and effective.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: August 30, 2015, 01:26:00 pm »

I'd vote for that if it had thick sloped front armour. Also, the size of the cannon shouldn't be an issue due to it being hull mounted.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: August 30, 2015, 07:55:47 pm »

Spoiler: Propaganda Poster (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:24:04 pm by Kashyyk »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: August 30, 2015, 08:12:16 pm »

I cant see any poster.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: August 30, 2015, 08:24:22 pm »

I've changed the hosting site, better?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: August 30, 2015, 08:34:40 pm »

Yeah, could you make a picture of a cav company? I was thinking of making a story about one of them.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: August 30, 2015, 08:36:56 pm »

I can have a go :)

Edit: Any particular requests regarding it?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:42:19 pm by Kashyyk »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: August 30, 2015, 08:43:08 pm »

If there's time tomorrow I should be able to put a broadsheet together as well.

This is my suggestion.

The SPAT MK II

Moskurg's modern attempt at creating a tank destroyer. Despite it's name, it is actually a modified breaker rather than a modified SPAT. Using the latest innovations, the MK II comes with optics, a cannon with more range than the breaker's, and a total cost that's cheaper than the breaker. Of course in order to make sure that all of these goals are met, the armour is considerably stripped down in order to save money. On the bright side, this also gives it increased mobility.

The lack of armour shouldn't matter too much though since it should participate in engagements at a range far beyond that of an Arztoskan T-25.

The way I see it, we need an armored unit that is cheap (as in expensive rather than very expensive) and effective.

Also, +1. We need the small arms improvement, IMO, but a revision can probably suffice.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:07:01 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: August 30, 2015, 09:13:06 pm »

For my propaganda submission, I'm currently working on a script for a radio show.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: August 30, 2015, 11:32:15 pm »

Spoiler: Moskurgian Cavalry (click to show/hide)

I suck at faces, so I didn't risk it.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: August 31, 2015, 12:50:43 am »

Brainstorming only.

Thunderbird 1.8" Launcher
We need better grenades. We need better shotguns. Why don't kill two birds with one stone?

Digging from foreign scientific papers, Moskurgan scientists concluded that gunpowder needed high pressure to burn properly. Nevertheless, there is a need of low velocity propulsion, like Grenades or Canister shots. A novel system is proposed: Instead of meddling with the Launcher, we can meddle with the Round. The Rounds have a smaller, back chamber which holds the propellent, which should burn at a proper pressure. It has vents drilled into, leading to the forechamber, when the gases can act on the rounds at a lower pressure more efficiently.

The Weapon MUST be capable of continuous use by a single operator. Sights are to be provided but probably are of a ladder type. It would use a break action as a mooted pump action is probably too unwieldy, but if possible it can also be a revolver. By Design, these rounds should come in a few varieties: A HE Round, HEAT round, Shrapnel/Canister, Smoke rounds, etc.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:25:41 am by evilcherry »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: August 31, 2015, 05:12:58 am »

+1 to a grenade launcher.  Effective range can be a couple hundred meters, and it should help with jungle ambushes and in the cities as well.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: August 31, 2015, 04:01:44 pm »

Here's an idea: We make a pamphlet for the American designers with the above poster (The "He's got the guts, have you got the bullets?" one) as the cover, with the inside including that cavalry picture as a way to even further show the courage of our troops. and how we're just better. But that's a given :P

Also, is this propaganda directed towards the American designers coming over, or to everyone as a whole?

*Front Cover = "He's got the guts, have you got the bullets?" drawing from earlier*
| viewed as cheap labor and called by their assigned numbers.                                         |
| The glorious nation of Moskurg is situated on the northern part of the continent of Forenia. |
| Moskurg has been situated here for as long as anyone can remember. Everything was       |
| peaceful, yet, the soon-to-be people of Arstotzka had other ideas.                                  |
| They broke the long-lasting timeline of unity in an effort to subjugate their population,      |
| destroy the environment of Forenia in an effort of profit, and bring tyranny down upon      |
| any who oppose. Arstotzka, thus, split, declaring war on the peaceful nation of Moskurg.   |
| In an effort to save the citizens of Southern Forenia, Moskurg launched an offensive.        |
| This offensive is destined with the task of freeing Forenia of the                                    |
| tyrannical grip of Arstotzka.                                                                                    |
|                                                                                                                           |
|                       This is where you play your part in the grand campaign, Friend.              |
|                                                                                                                           |
| With your bright mind and strong will, Forenia will be free of the evil behind Arstotzka.    |
| Whether you design the weapons, or use them, you, the Nation's Friend, are                   |
| making the difference between a better Forenia, and a Forenia still under                       |
| the grasp of the Arstotzkan regime. Are you ready to become the Tiger's Descendant?      |
|                                                                                                                          |
|                         We believe you are. So, come, Friend!                                             |
|                                        Into the fray!                                                                |
|                          *insert cavalry drawing from above*                                              |
|                                                                                                                          |
|____________________________________________________________________________|

Feel free to make suggestions/modifications. I just figured we'd need a little more than just a drawing or two, and since no one else was really bringing anything forward, I figured I'd throw something together.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 135